• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedWingFan13

What if we got a new 91 in town? Vladimir Tarasenko

Rate this topic

I know this would be a long shot but with the Blues getting tossed out early in the playoffs leaves them needing to make some adjustments, Tarasenko is due to get paid between $3,364,391 to $5,046,585 a year and if they wanted to get some new talent per Tarasenko's group 2 free agent contract which states that any team that would sign Tarasenko from the Blues would in turn also have to offer a 1st&3rd round pick to go along with that player's salary as well. That also depends if Tarasenko ask for that much money a year, if Tarasenko where to decide that he would want more, then the draft pick would also increase. If your really interested in seeing what all the requirements to acquire Tarasenko you can go to this link: http://www.stlouisgametime.com/2015/2/25/8097367/tarasenkos-contract. But all contract information aside. The real question I have for you, the Red Wing nation would be, how awesome would it be to see Vladimir Tarasenko play for the Red Wings? With Franzen dealing with constant injuries, we have yet to really solidify a replacement of Franzen's level and with Tarasenko on his last year of his contract would it not hurt to see if Tarasenko would have any interest in playing for the Red Wings and I wonder if management would pull the trigger on attempting to lure a player of the caliber of Tarasenko to Detroit. Looking ahead to the future we have a great young core and Tarasenko is only 23 so his presence would fit in perfectly with the current Roster of the Red WIngs. In my opinion we should at least make an attempt to go after Tarasenko, the guy is full potential and he is only going to get better.

Edited by RedWingFan13

Would we like tarasenko? Abso-*******-lutely.

Will it happen? Extremely doubtful.

St. Louis will do everything in their power to keep him. He's definitely not the problem there. The article says that they should have around 4 mill in cap space to sign him but it also projects the cap at 69 mill.. but the latest projections (this morning per prohockeytalk, http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/26/bettman-projects-2015-16-cap-will-be-71-5-million/)have the cap projected at 71.5 million.. which, if their cap situation plays out as the article suggests, gives them 6.5 mill to work with. That would be more than enough. I think Tarasenko will get a bridge type of contract for 2-3 years before signing long term and I don't see why st louis wouldn't match any offer he could get. Also, I doubt KH would want to give up the draft picks necessary.. but, stranger things have happened. Who knows. I don't really have a doubt in my mind that he'll be in st. Louis next season though.

no surprises here....

“We are not going to be active in signing other players until we get him taken care of,” Blues GM Doug Armstrong said, per the Post-Dispatch. “If it means allowing players to go to free agency, if it means making players sweat it out on what their deal’s going to be, he’s the priority for us.

“I’d like to partner with him, I’d like to partner with Mike [Liut, Tarasenko’s agent]. If it happens in May, great. If it happens in June, great. If it happens in August, great. He’s the primary guy.”

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/04/armstrong-all-blues-signings-on-hold-til-tarasenko-taken-care-of/

They would sell the building and play at a local high school before letting Tank leave.

In terms of the continous Backes talk, it is fun to think what that "fight" between Backes and Tank had behind the scenes this season.

They would sell the building and play at a local high school before letting Tank leave.

In terms of the continous Backes talk, it is fun to think what that "fight" between Backes and Tank had behind the scenes this season.

I don't think Oshie is a saint either in the locker room.

1bf66802c54ffce94b05d0ae6990dce2.jpg

Seems like the kind of guy that could help the wings' shootouts :P

I wish he was a center.

But chea.

For sure with that damn shootout thing.

He'd probably come here and all of the sudden be snake bitten in the shootout, or as soon as we sign him the league will vote to get rid of it all together.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

I wish he was a center.

But chea.

For sure with that damn shootout thing.

He'd probably come here and all of the sudden be snake bitten in the shootout, or as soon as we sign him the league will vote to get rid of it all together.

On the wings everyone is a center, unless you ARE a center, then you play wing

Backes won't be traded, but oshie probably will.

I don't necessarily believe Backes will be moved, but I believe it's within the realm of possibility...

• He's the face of a Blues team that is now synonymous with underachievement/disappointment/failure/choking. ("The David Backes Era.")
  • He's a 31-year-old power-forward who may be one bump to the head away from being Franzen. Power-forwards tend not to age well, even without concussion issues.
  • The game is increasingly about speed and skill. It can be argued that the Wild beat the Blues largely because of their superior team speed. Backes isn't known for being especially fleet of foot.
  • Backes fought Tarasenko in practice. As far as I can tell, he instigated the fight (responding to an errant Tarasenko stick to the mouth).

<p>

I don't necessarily believe Backes will be moved, but I believe it's within the realm of possibility...

• He's the face of a Blues team that is now synonymous with underachievement/disappointment/failure/choking. ("The David Backes Era.")
  • He's a 31-year-old power-forward who may be one bump to the head away from being Franzen. Power-forwards tend not to age well, even without concussion issues.
  • The game is increasingly about speed and skill. It can be argued that the Wild beat the Blues largely because of their superior team speed. Backes isn't known for being especially fleet of foot.
  • Backes fought Tarasenko in practice. As far as I can tell, he instigated the fight (responding to an errant Tarasenko stick to the mouth).
Fair enough.

But your list, subsequently, reminds me why I don't know if I even want him.

Ha.