• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsAlways

Tampa Bay Head Coach Jon Cooper Accuses Red Wings Of Cheating

Rate this topic

We've been having a good time with it. :lol:

Won't be so funny if the Wings lose tonight lol

Win or lose we have them scared, and accusing us of cheating lol. We've silenced the masses and gave a massive dose of butthurt to the "favorites".

That in itself is a victory.

With that said I do believe we can take one of the next two games :)

Zetterberg and Nyquist are the best in the league at holding the stick then diving to get a hooking/holding penalty. fact.

Multiple teams have complained about us cheating on faceoffs and we've even had players admit it. (Draper, i believe?)

We interfere with players on the rush more then anyone in the league. I've noticed recently that other teams are starting to do it more and more as well. (side note, ive also noticed other teams using the same entry into the zone on the PP as us; the one where we drop it to Dats)

Now I wouldn't say were flat out CHEATING, were just milking the rules to our advantage as much as possible. Its a double edged sword as we saw in the first 5 games with all the penalties.

Lets not be biased here, if you don't see these things happening all game your watching with a blind eye. We have experienced vets on our team and these skills have been passed down. Any sport I've ever played, I've bent the rules as much as possible to gain an advantage. Its a skill.

Edited by WingsallTheway

We interfere with players on the rush more then anyone in the league. I've noticed recently that other teams are starting to do it more and more as well. (side note, ive also noticed other teams using the same entry into the zone on the PP as us; the one where we drop it to Dats)

You obviously didn't read the linked article and the quoted rule book rule.

You obviously didn't read the linked article and the quoted rule book rule.

I did, and re-read it to see how my quote is irrelevant based on anything in the article....?

edit: assuming your talking about the one you posted,

No, I didn't read it because he starts off by saying hes a fan of the red wings. Instant bias.

I'm familiar with the age-old rule of interference. Thats why other teams are calling it "subtle interference" because it is.

I also said in my post it isnt cheating. Its bending the rules.

Edited by WingsallTheway

I'm just annoyed with the whole "legal interference" talking bit. I keep hearing it and it is picking up steam. Eventually people will just act as if everything is interference by the Wings. I'm just uncomfortable that all the idiot mouthpieces are picking it up and acting as if that alone is allowing us to win. If you repeat stuff enough, people will eventually begin to believe it.

I'm in FL listening to the broadcast. Interference is mentioned every other time. The roughing on E when he went for his head, the commentator said, "basically laughed and said what is that call? Then on replay saw it, and said well they need to call the interference!" Then on the Kronwall hit, "leaping headshot, but Stamkos was interfered when the puck got further down the ice". Are they playing who can say interference the most like Super Troopers saying meow?

He's not wrong, the Wings do it more than any other team in the league. I'm honestly not a fan of it, for the same reason I'm not a fan of a bunch of other things that go uncalled. That said, the bigger question is why other teams aren't doing it more. Obviously the officials let it go, so instead of whining about the Wings getting away with "cheating", why don't other teams do more of it?