• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

derblaueClaus

Kronwall suspended one game

Rate this topic

SPEARING a guy AWAY FROM THE PLAY didn't even garner a suspension last year, but a borderline hit near the puck and you SUSPEND the player for game 7?!

Seriously, a bad hit at full speed on the guy carrying the puck is worse than jabbing your stick into a guy's balls behind the play?

F the NHL and their inconsistent rulings. This is so bad it is mind-boggling.

Honest question - since the head WAS the initial point of contact, was anybody here expecting a game misconduct? I was shocked when there wasn't even a penalty on the ice. I know that this hit looks like every other Kronner hit and the contact to the head was because the player's head was down, but if you just looked at this hit independently and switched the player's jerseys...wouldn't you want a Tampa Bay player at least penalized for the same hit? I'm not saying it's dirty...just not the cleanest hit I've ever seen.

Honest question - since the head WAS the initial point of contact, was anybody here expecting a game misconduct? I was shocked when there wasn't even a penalty on the ice. I know that this hit looks like every other Kronner hit and the contact to the head was because the player's head was down, but if you just looked at this hit independently and switched the player's jerseys...wouldn't you want a Tampa Bay player at least penalized for the same hit? I'm not saying it's dirty...just not the cleanest hit I've ever seen.

It was a bad hit and would've been much better for the Wings had Kronwall been ejected in a game they were already losing.

Had he gotten a major and a misconduct I think there's a good chance he only gets fined, if anything.

Which media people are saying kronwall shouldn't of been suspended

I'm asking cause I seen a lot of bozo's on twitter paid by bettman saying like the league got it right bla bla bla

Just curious who said it's bs?

I heard a radio show yesterday brady and walker on sportsnet say they didn't think kronwall would be suspended and his hit was legal

Pierre McGuire didn't think kronwall would be suspended

And now I'm watching hockey central and john shannon said the league should of warned him and fined him and he's saying the league always warns guys before suspending them and kronwall has never got a warning or a fine and has been doing his hits all his career

Which if I think about it now pisses me off even further ... It's true kronwall never got fined prior , never got a warning

This is just bs to help tampa bay

Doug maclean also agrees kronwall shouldn't of gotten suspended

Anyone heard of anyone else on kronwalls side?

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

The fact he wasn't penalized and has never received a warning.... plus the regular NHL politics of keeping star players in big games, all signs pointed to a fine. There's no way this decision was made without looking at all his hits that went unpunished in the past

The NHL needs to take a page out of the NBA's book, and help teams that are good for ratings. Det vs. Mon is good for ratings. TB vs. anyone isn't.

But hey it's about growing some of those pathetic markets in places where no one cares about hockey. The league would love nothing more than two sunbelt teams competing for the cup and then cry about the ratings.

The NHL needs to take a page out of the NBA's book, and help teams that are good for ratings. Det vs. Mon is good for ratings. TB vs. anyone isn't.

I disagree. There are fans of other teams, they shouldn't be at a disadvantage for being in a small market.

Your saying we should have an advantage when it comes to fines and suspensions because were the mighty red wings? Thats crazy.

Anyone heard of anyone else on kronwalls side?

Scott Cullen from TSN.

Basically said "I must be a barbarian because I didn't have a problem with that hit"

Someone had a great comment on Twitter that was directed at Cotsonika thst sums up my feelings on the matter perfectly:

Getting it right 1 out of 10 times isn't getting it right.

Awesome comment. All the talking heads are getting excited about the league finally dishing out a suspension regardless of the players star status or how pivotal the next game might be.

Until someone on a team they actually care about gets suspended.

I disagree. There are fans of other teams, they shouldn't be at a disadvantage for being in a small market.

Your saying we should have an advantage when it comes to fines and suspensions because were the mighty red wings? Thats crazy.

Yep. The league needs a Montreal vs. Detroit matchup. Would be good for their niche audience.

Are you one of those people who refuse to believe that sports may be rigged in this country?

Yep. The league needs a Montreal vs. Detroit matchup. Would be good for their niche audience.

Are you one of those people who refuse to believe that sports may be rigged in this country?

I feel bad for anyone who actually believes sports aren't rigged in any country .

Can they predict the exact scores? Obviously not if a goalie comes and makes 58 saves let's say and ruins it nothing they can do but they can try to influence a game to go one way by giving penalties and giving out ridiculous suspensions

I feel bad for anyone who actually believes sports aren't rigged in any country .

Can they predict the exact scores? Obviously not if a goalie comes and makes 58 saves let's say and ruins it nothing they can do but they can try to influence a game to go one way by giving penalties and giving out ridiculous suspensions

Exactly. Everyone knows the outcome if Hedman or Coburn had made that hit instead of Kronwall.

Wow that nick cotsonika yahoo writer is a giant tool, saying palat's hit was with less force. He's trying to defend the NHL, and find reason as to why he was not suspended. When are these writers going to start publicly criticising the DOS ineptitude.

Wow that nick cotsonika yahoo writer is a giant tool, saying palat's hit was with less force. He's trying to defend the NHL, and find reason as to why he was not suspended. When are these writers going to start publicly criticising the DOS ineptitude.

They are paid puppets by the nhl .... If they defy them they'll probably get cut out of arena's and media stuff