• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

derblaueClaus

Kronwall suspended one game

Rate this topic

I think he'll be suspended.

Primary contact is the head and to make it look worse he follows through with the left arm motion (not sure if it matters or not that kucherov was low the whole way to the point that head contact was inevitable ).

If Kronner would have fully turned his back like he has in the past, this wouldn't be an issue.

I'm confused that this is going to review.

I'm also worried because why would it unless they planned on suspending him. Though, Suh. Different league but similar.

I bet 1 game suspension.

Kindl comes in. 3 points.

Wings 5 Lightning 1

After game, "They cheated, Kindl never plays." - J Cooper

Here we are two pages into this thread and all I have seen are threats, whining, bitching, and complaining.

The thing is that nothing has been decided upon yet.

Maybe we all should take a step back and wait until a verdict is rendered before passing judgement on the NHL, player safety board, Betteman, etc. Just my opinion.

I'm confused that this is going to review.

I'm also worried because why would it unless they planned on suspending him. Though, Suh. Different league but similar.

I bet 1 game suspension.

Kindl comes in. 3 points.

Wings 5 Lightning 1

After game, "They cheated, Kindl never plays." - J Cooper

I'm pretty sure Weber got a hearing and then only a fine after the Zetterberg incident.. I'm sure it's happened other times before. Hearing doesn't necessarily mean suspension.

I'm pretty sure Weber got a hearing and then only a fine after the Zetterberg incident.. I'm sure it's happened other times before. Hearing doesn't necessarily mean suspension.

Obviously I hope you're right ha.

As inconsistent as the NHL Department of Player Safety seems to be at times, I think they still primarily focus on 2 aspect's of each reviewable play (much more than any other's): Injury + History.

Because a hearing doesn't guarantee a suspension, I think the 2 main factors in the decision to only FINE Kronwall are as follows:

(1) Kucherov was NOT injured on the play + (2) Kronwall does NOT have any suspension history with the NHLDPS - Actually, he doesn't even have a review history because the Havlat hit was a game misconduct for interference... And interference (at the time) wasn't even grounds for an infraction leading to a game misconduct (which pissed me off).

If I'm wrong and he is suspended, I'd like to channel the 2007 Anaheim Ducks when we beat them 5-0 in Game 3, Pronger got suspended the next game for a hit on Holmstrom (where he also wasn't even penalized on the play) and the Ducks came back and beat us 5-3 in Game 4.

I think it's safe to say Kronner won't suite up for game 7.

Apparently a 2 handed slash from PK to an opponents wrist is 'OK', but nailing a guy with his head down (although Kronner drove thru him, and left his feet a bit) will be suspended...Oh well.

Yes. It is ok to deliberately slash a players wrist. It doesn't lead to a concussion. Kronwalls hit... to me.. first point of contact is the shoulder/neck area. I won't say head, but you know with the focus in sports, at all levels to eliminate concussions, any sort of high hit like that is going to get the attention. A slash to the wrist is irrelevant to the NHL when compared to a hit that could possibly result in a concussion. It didn't in this case apparently, but I fully expect some sort of release from the NHL saying they felt it was a high hit. Targeted or not, wont matter. They'll consider it reckless because it landed "high" on the body.

I don't agree with it, but it's how they've called them before. If theyre calling a hearing about it, I'd be prepared for a suspension if I'm the Wings.

It sucks.

I'm not actually worried about it. If history is any indication, Kindl will come in and score a goal and an assist in Game 7.

He will then be banished back into the nether realm...of course.

Exactly. And Kronwall hasn't exactly been awesome this series. Far from it.

The real question is, what the parings will be?

One obvious choice would be to simply make DeKeyser/Quincey your top pairing. But then it gets even scarier after that.

who decides when to look at these hits I really feel like it's the attention the media gives. Abdelkader has been hit in the head a least 3 times. Palat leaps at glendening makes contact with the head ,nothing. It's sad that the media has to really latch on to hits for them to get noticed.

Exactly. And Kronwall hasn't exactly been awesome this series. Far from it.

The real question is, what the parings will be?

One obvious choice would be to simply make DeKeyser/Quincey your top pairing. But then it gets even scarier after that.

This is a joke. Kronwall has not been very good? Have you forgotten Stamkos has not scored a goal yet in this series? Lots of that is because of Kronwall playing against him. Sure he does not put the points up that Lidstrom did, but Kronwall is doing a fine job imo and we have zero chance of winning game 7 without him. I swear some fans are so ridiculous.

Now, if Kronners is suspended then the NHL is a complete joke. I am thinking if anything he is fined, but we will see.

I still don't think the hit was that bad. It looks bad, but slowed down you see his fore arm makes chest contact and then the follow through is what gets Kucherovs head. There's been worse in the playoffs, and yet I wouldn't be surprised if he's suspended because it's the NHL after all.

Frustrating as a fan, the wings barely hit all season long and are kind of wimpy, finally get to see a crushing check and the media won't shut up about how dirty it is. Meanwhile Subban targets the best player on the Sens, no suspension, and the media heralds his ability to deal with adversity. Really? Garbage.

This is a joke. Kronwall has not been very good? Have you forgotten Stamkos has not scored a goal yet in this series? Lots of that is because of Kronwall playing against him. Sure he does not put the points up that Lidstrom did, but Kronwall is doing a fine job imo and we have zero chance of winning game 7 without him. I swear some fans are so ridiculous.

Now, if Kronners is suspended then the NHL is a complete joke. I am thinking if anything he is fined, but we will see.

You want your number one defenseman to score more than 1G, 5A in the 25 playoff games he's played since Lidstrom retired.

So no, he hasn't been very good.

Edited by GMRwings1983

I'm not actually worried about it. If history is any indication, Kindl will come in and score a goal and an assist in Game 7.

In all seriousness, will we be better off with Kindl playing over Zidlicky in game 7? We actually might be. He hasn't been especially good on PP, and his D has been terrible.

Where he belongs. Kindl is not an NHL defenseman. I'd rather Marchenko or even XO play over Kindl.

With Kindl in the lineup he typically plays such sheltered minutes that everyone else has to pick up the slack. And our defensive core isn't good enough for that. Especially without Kronwall. So Kindl may look ok, but if you played Quincey 16 minutes a game starting in the offensive zone whenever humanly possible, he'd look like Shea Weber.

As for this hit, I have no idea if Kronwall will be suspended. He probably should be, but the league has passed on several incidents that were suspension worthy.

He did that "exploding up" garbage I thought he had taken out of his game, and even a favorable description would be a forearm shiver or clothesline. Bottom line is it was a bad looking hit that involved head contact. And he went airborne to make the hit.

It's part of the problem with his penchant for coming in backwards. It's hard to see where the guy your trying to hit is going and adjust.

Ok...so Kronwall gets a call from the league for his hit but this one doesn't? Garrison jumps up leaves his feet well before the initial ht into Abby

If he gets 2 games for it I will not watch the next game. F the league. F'n Suban can 2 handed chop and break someones wrist without anything but this is what gets the first suspension?

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

Where he belongs. Kindl is not an NHL defenseman. I'd rather Marchenko or even XO play over Kindl.

With Kindl in the lineup he typically plays such sheltered minutes that everyone else has to pick up the slack. And our defensive core isn't good enough for that. Especially without Kronwall. So Kindl may look ok, but if you played Quincey 16 minutes a game starting in the offensive zone whenever humanly possible, he'd look like Shea Weber.

As for this hit, I have no idea if Kronwall will be suspended. He probably should be, but the league has passed on several incidents that were suspension worthy.

He did that "exploding up" garbage I thought he had taken out of his game, and even a favorable description would be a forearm shiver or clothesline. Bottom line is it was a bad looking hit that involved head contact. And he went airborne to make the hit.

It's part of the problem with his penchant for coming in backwards. It's hard to see where the guy your trying to hit is going and adjust.

Take it easy Harold, I was being a smartass. Not lobbying for Kindl. Shoot over to the Zidlicky bashing thread and you'll see I actually defended how the defense has played thus far in the series. I'm not at all upset with the current makeup of the blueline, and was speaking more to Kindl's weird trend of coming in off the bench this season and looking really good, only to wind up right back on the bench. Which says as much about him as it does about anyone else.