• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings7

Predictions: Game 7 vs. TBL

Rate this topic

Let's get it on paper.

What do you really think is going to happen.

Personally, I flew down for Game 5 and didn't find the arena to be too intimidating.

Plus I like trends. Sticking with every other.

Wings 5 Lightning 1

With Kronner probably out I just can't see them winning. Teams that blow elimination games at home usually don't recover. They also have not shut up about Stamkos not scoring so I expect at least a goal from him. Let's say 3-1 Tampa with only Mrazek keeping it from getting stupid. Damn shame we won't get that Original Six matchup.

My head says we've blown too many opportunities and not closing out last night on home ice was the death nail.

My heart says Wings win 11 - 1.

Gotta go with my heart on this one.

Oh please. Even going with your heart at least try and be a little realistic in your predictions.

Wings win 9-1.

3-2 Wings ... a barn burner in the final minute but Mrazek hangs on, that's my hopeful prediction.

However, I'm actually quite impressed with the heart and soul shown in this series, even in the lost in game 6. This is the kind of effort I was looking for down the stretch in the regular season. If they play hard and lose to TB ... then it's hockey, the better team won.

Let's hope it's not one of those puck luck games where we get 42 shots and they get 16 and we lose 2-1.

Let's see... Dan O'Halloran will waive off a Detroit goal to completely demoralize the team. Stamkos will proceed to score two minutes later on a massive defensive lapse. That communist Datsyuk will execute an epic deke to tie the hockey game. Smith will make a careless pass at the offensive blue line and Johnson will skate it in for an easy goal. Detroit will receive a phantom penalty late in regulation for (subtle) interference. The Wings will hit the usual untimely goal post in the final minute and fail to tie the game. Filppula with the empty netter just to add salt to the wound. 3-1 Tampa Bay.

What? A bit too dramatic? :P