• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECQF Game 7 GDT : at Lightning 2, Red Wings 0 (Tampa wins series, 4-3)

Rate this topic

Good effort, we are just a little thin up front, Cole and Franzen would've helped that alot. Huge credit to Marchenko and Kindl tonight, those two looked great. Kindl is an NHL caliber defenceman and if's he not going to be playing for us he needs to be moved for something. It pains me to say it but Z is turning into Stevie late in his career. Looks sore everytime he takes a stride. We have lots to build on here and some movable assets.

Unlike the "optimistic" posters here, I don't think this team has a good future.

Our top three players are old and are already looking significantly worse than before.

Our two best young players can't score in the playoffs. They probably couldn't score with an 18 year old hooker who's had half a bottle of Wild Turkey.

Our players outside of the ones I just named are nothing more than 4th line jobbers, muckers and cheerleaders who play hard but aren't going to win big games for us.

I don't know much about Mantha or Pulkinnen, but I hope these guys are better than the other GR players everyone here has been raving about for years.

Until this roster is full of guys that would choke someone over a game of checkers this is the same s*** we can expect year in and year out.

Soft euros, non-skilled skill players and 9 of the 12 forwards are 4th liners ANYWHERE else in the league but Buffalo or Arizona....the future of this team needs to start next year. HOlland needs to be fired. Babcock needs to go as this team needs a new voice. DAts and Z's roles need to be diminished with their diminishing skill sets. SAme with Kronner.

Because our team, who nobody picked to win took one of the best teams in the league to 7 games.

I know how can anybody be critical when this team has has SO MUCH SUCCESS in the past five years. We should just get the Stanley cup for not losing a series in 6 or less games, what an amazing accomplishment.

I'm about sick of this playoff streak trade away the euros and get some real Defensemen Z and Dats are at the end of the line and Nyquist and Tatar need to be traded along with Howard. Be nice to see some big players for once on the Wings... All the chances tonight and these euros dance and play with the puck shoot the damn thing. End the streak Promote the Griffins and trade these overrrated players.

Bollocks.

You need Skill and Size. Tampa's best players up front were their smallest. I'm all for getting bigger, but not at the expense of the teams best players. We just got screwed with Franzen getting another couple of headshots after a good start and cole's injury.

A blind man can see that we need more skill on the back end, and more speed up front.

If you stare at the stats then everyone jumps on Nyqvist but he was a hell of a lot better than Tatar. He's always in on the puck and getting zone time. Tatar has no forecheck to his game and kills all offence if he's actually handling the puck and he also saved his worst game for game 7. He still dourest know how to play playoff hockey. Gus was good, sometimes it doesn't translate on the stat sheet, much like most of our forwards

I hope Montreal destroys the Blots.

I am always proud to be a Wings fan, and proud of this team. They truly did their best, I believe that. I am very sad since this game means no hockey that means anything to me for six months. See you all in October!

Have a great summer!!

It's knee jerk reactions like these and many worse that I expect that drive me to leave the forum for a few weeks, lol.

Sorry dats and Z too, that's not knee jerk if we can't get anyone in Free Agency we have to make a trade

Been watching since the beginning of the streak, still doesn't sting any less after elimination.

Another season come and gone, let's hope for some changes and a fresh start next year.

Let's keep the GDT civil in the coming days here regardless.

If you would have told me our Captain and leading scorer would score only twice in the last 29 games, in addition to a whopping zero in a 7 game first round series, this is exactly the result I would have expected. Not sure what to make of Zetterberg's performance the last third of the season and playoffs.

very painful experience for the team, but hopefully they will learn from it

we could've won this series much earlier, but couldn't develop any sort of killer instinct and allowed Tampa to get back up too many times

changes need to happen, but with the way the team has been run lately, not sure if they will

still hoping for better things next season...

I know how can anybody be critical when this team has has SO MUCH SUCCESS in the past five years. We should just get the Stanley cup for not losing a series in 6 or less games, what an amazing accomplishment.

How far did you think THIS team would go ? I'm not sure you are being realistic if you expected much. Look at our roster, it isn't that impressive.

God damn. Just so disappointing. This was the exact same series as the one against Chicago. Wings are underdogs and go up in the series only to s*** all over themselves and blow the series lead. I would have rather had them be the ones trying to come back. At least Mrazek proved he belongs in net over Howard.

More details: Despite the random suspensions, not calling him offsides all 3 times he was, Stamkos' inability to score was the fault of Mrazek and he has to be dealt with as severely as possible. Likely he ends up relegated to play for the Charlestown Chiefs

Of all things a ******* shut out!!! Man way to go down worse. Red wings need some scoring young talent man frustrating as hell when we can't score Datsyuk and zetterberg can only do so much time to invest in the team future.

31 SOG vs. 17 SOG ... and we lost. One of those nights. Imagine if we had Kronwall.

Look at the quality of those 31 shots. The good chances we did have, we missed wide and weren't even credited as SOG.

It all comes back to not having any real talent that can score. Guys like Abby and Helm aren't top 6 players. Either Nyquist or Tatar need to go, because they do have talent but can't score in big moments.