• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECQF Game 7 GDT : at Lightning 2, Red Wings 0 (Tampa wins series, 4-3)

Rate this topic

And Tampa couldnt score in game 1. They showed up they couldn't get one to go, that Tatar miss chance could have been the series... that is hockey

Mantha next season

GO WINGS!

Playing without 2 top six forwards...

Playing 7th game without best def...

Playing with Marchenlo and Kindl...

Good JOB.

Kenny put a solid playoff contenders but not Stanley Cup contenders on the ice.

That will be Holland's motto in the offseason. Ironically, just about every team that loses in the playoffs can say something like this.

Yeah...It does...But the Wings seemed to play themselves outta a few games in this series, and lets be honest - TB is a good team...They may very well take Montreal to 7 games as well.

Yes they are, and if they had a better goalie i don't think we would have looked as good as we did.

Team played better than most of the other games this series, defensive breakdown in third. Lots of shots but unless the opposing goalie develops a sudden hole in his chest, they aren't going in. None of them shooting for corners or if they do, its 3 feet wide.

Maybe he gives a s*** about this team and wants them to do good.

Yeah, too often being pissed at losing is construed as negative. I'm pissed we lost, and I want us to get better. If trading Nyquist could get us a big winger who could help out Z/D in the playoffs, then lets do it. Standing pat does nothing, we showed we're close. Need some more pieces.

How far did you think THIS team would go ? I'm not sure you are being realistic if you expected much. Look at our roster, it isn't that impressive.

So you're retort to people saying that this teams sucks is that they shouldn't be critical because this team sucks?

Lets give them a little longer before we right them off. For 3 or 4 years Dats was almost as bad in the playoffs, and he became one of the best in the world. Hell I vaguely remember the trade Stevie Y conversations.

Unless of course we can get a good deal for quality at D!

As for Abby and Helm..I think the former has proved himself a 2nd line talent. Helmer should be on the 3rd line, and with a fit Franzen and Cole, that's exactly where he would be.

Datsyuk was bad in the playoffs early on. So was the entire team in those seasons. But he still played better than Nyquist or Tatar have.

I believe this is it for Babs behind a redwing bench....wasted opportunity and you can't keep riding the one and done bandwagon for much longer. Changes are needed, but until then...LGRW

Outside of the cup win, him and the team had some really bad series loses. Blew 2 game lead to penguins then a 3-2 lead in the same series. Blew a 3-1 series lead to Chicago, and now this series. Team just looks uninspired at times

For all those kissing goodbye to Z, I'd preach patience...until February he was really good, and even after that was ok until that bastard in Dallas punched him in the head repeatedly...his play dropped off badly in late march and April, but that's partly because our weakness at the back end meant he spent too much time in the neutral zone rather in their zone. His shooting has disintegrated, but he's still a great passer. If he can get his shot back next year, he could have a renaissance, because he still gets into goalscoring positions.

I have all summer to be mad about the outcome and flaws of the team. Right now I'm just so bummed I don't get to watch the Red Wings anymore. Still stings every year getting eliminated. Love these guys regardless.

No more NHL watching for me now. Screw this garbage league. Somebody just take out the Blackhawks please.

In the handshake line you could Abby was shaking with his left hand and hiding his right hand even though it was closer to the other guy. I'll bet he's got some minor fracture there or something.

It was a great effort tonight.

We were without:

Franzen

Cole

Zidlicky

Kronwall

Weiss and Howard played themselves out of the lineup

Quincey had a bone fragment in his ankle

Glendening had some big cut in his hand

And, yet, If any of Z, Helm, Miller, or Tatar had scored on those grade A chances they each got this game was. I feel we out played them tonight so it stings especially.
Now I will clear the floor for the curmudgeons.

Upside: what team in the league is NOT fearful of a more mature Petr Mrazek with a seven game playoff series under his belt? :)

My gosh, we are blessed with talent other teams dream about. Next season, it's ours, folks. :champs:

Where is it? In the past? On paper? In the future?

Not on the ice the last few playoffs.

Lets give them a little longer before we right them off. For 3 or 4 years Dats was almost as bad in the playoffs, and he became one of the best in the world. Hell I vaguely remember the trade Stevie Y conversations.

Unless of course we can get a good deal for quality at D!

As for Abby and Helm..I think the former has proved himself a 2nd line talent. Helmer should be on the 3rd line, and with a fit Franzen and Cole, that's exactly where he would be.

I think we should also give the young forwards a bit more time, but it's 2 playoffs in a row that they haven't done too much. When Datsyuk came on the scene everybody knew he was special. His first game he's in the corner dipsy dooing around the opposition with stick handling nobody has seen before. There's not that level of 'wow' factor out of any of the forwards.

They're going to have to get it together next season or I think people are really going to start losing patience. It's fine to be good in the regular season but nobody really cares when it's all said and done what you did in the regular season if you never did anything in the playoffs.

I'm bummed. 5 months...

Why weren't Z and Datsyuk put together? I don't get it man I don't get it, GG Mrazek good series excited about the future, I shed a tear at the EN goal. LGRW clean up our back end please Holland, or get us a scorer, need something to put us over the edge.

Edited by MrazekFanBoy