• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

turbowhistle86

Who is the coach next season?

Rate this topic

"He's a really good coach," Jonathan Ericsson said. "I'm sure a lot of teams want him."

“Our team is not as good as it was,” Babcock said in reference to the team's recent postseason struggles compared to its past success. “It's very evident. We battled our butt off just to get in the playoffs.”

Not looking too good for him staying with these comments if you ask me. Then again still speculation.

Edited by kickazz

"He's a really good coach," Jonathan Ericsson said. "I'm sure a lot of teams want him."

“Our team is not as good as it was,” Babcock said in reference to the team's recent postseason struggles compared to its past success. “It's very evident. We battled our butt off just to get in the playoffs.”

Not looking too good for him staying with these comments if you ask me. Then again still speculation.

This is coming from the guy who said he was so happy to be competing for a playoff spot and that "all you need to do is make it to the playoffs and then see what happens"

I don't think he'd make those comments if he wasn't planning on staying though, to be honest.

Well now that the Wings are done, he's got a few ringers available (Jurco, Marchenko, Mrazek). I think they'll be okay.

If I'm them, I'd rather go play in worlds. Especially mrazek. That'd be more good experience for him.

Yeah it almost sounds like i'm off this sinking ship. And if so have fun somewhere else. Maybe Blashill will play the kids and we can see what kind of talent we really have.

Don't know whether some people still remember the interview babs made after lose to Nashville few years ago. He indirectly talked to the organization, especially Holland, that the team needs more offences with grits and sizes. Does not have to 1st liners but who can perform in big times like playoffs. Between the time and today, there has been no prominent help from Holland to Babs to structure the team in the way he wanted. Instead, what he got was a group of players whose prime was already over. I do not think it is a matter of money for babs decision. He seems to be tired of the lack of winning legacy in detroit.

Personally, babs will not make decision very soon even after the end of the final. Think he will see how Holland moves pieces that can make this team as a legitimate contender. If not, Babs will walk away. I hope this time can be a final waking-up call for Holland, who has been failing every season in the field of getting right players.

I'll only be worried about Babcock leaving if Hitchcock leaves the blues. And really not even that worried then. Why would babs go to another rebuild (oilers, leafs, sabers) when he just lived through ours..

Babs will be back in hockeytown. Let's just hope we can sign an actually quality rh d man (no offense Zid).

I'm ready for whatever happens, I just hope it happens soon. We could be better off with a new coach and a new system. I feel Babcock misuses players and his defense-only mentality hurts us. But on the other hand, he gets the most out of these players. I wonder how much worse we would be without him, you know?

I don't much buy into the Holland vs Babcock stuff. They seem to be on the same page every year, things just don't work out.

Without Babcock this season, we miss the playoffs imo. Team's outperform their true talent when Babcock is coaching. Wouldn't be surprised if the Wings streak ended next season without him.

This!

We have a plenty of small forwards and playoffs are about hitting and we are not built for that kind of game.