• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sum1

should mrazek get #1 tag next season

Rate this topic

Just realized M-raz is still leading goalies in shutouts for the playoffs with 2. Not too shabby.

Kids the real deal ... Just hope when we trade howard it won't be when his value is at an all time low ... Finally got something we can afford to trade that can actually be worth something

We always seem to lose players for nothing

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

They're both professionals. That sort of thing happens pretty often with goaltenders.

To get rid of Howard for a guy who's started less than 50 games in the NHL is an extremely bold move, and one I don't see Holland making.

And we all know BOLD IS NOT in Wings Management's makeup.

To answer the question: No, Howard is the number 1

Then why was he sitting on the bench in the playoffs? Not saying he won't be the number 1, but that question is very much up in the air and there is a chance we might not even have a final answer until April when game 1 begins.

In the end, I think Mrazek either runs away with it, or they both do well and split time. I just can't see the upcoming season happening with Howard being the clear number 1.

Given that we don't even have a coach, I would say we DO NOT have a definitive #1. With that being said, considering Blashill coached Mrazek and won a championship with him, I would guess he is the front runner. But I see it being more of a 60/40 split. If we are going to trade Howard, we need to get his value up, and be 100% sure Mrazek can handle a full load.

Then why was he sitting on the bench in the playoffs? Not saying he won't be the number 1, but that question is very much up in the air and there is a chance we might not even have a final answer until April when game 1 begins.

In the end, I think Mrazek either runs away with it, or they both do well and split time. I just can't see the upcoming season happening with Howard being the clear number 1.

Because he came back from a bad injury and couldn't regain his pre-injury form in time ?

Get Howard back to pre injury form and use him as trade bait.

Exactly. I'm hoping both our goalies have a great year, so we can trade Howard in the offseason. Get a cheap, veteran back up next summer and yay cap space! Or even at the trade deadline if there is a non playoff team in need of a goalie with a player we could really use.

Edited by marcaractac

Exactly. I'm hoping both our goalies have a great year, so we can trade Howard in the offseason. Get a cheap, veteran back up next summer and yay cap space! Or even at the trade deadline if there is a non playoff team in need of a goalie with a player we could really use.

Indeed. I just don't see Jimmy as the best man for the job in Motown. I feel comfortable that McCollum will be a more than capable backup too.

Indeed. I just don't see Jimmy as the best man for the job in Motown. I feel comfortable that McCollum will be a more than capable backup too.

You lost me at McCollum, but I agree on Jimmy. We need a vet backup for Mrazek when the time comes. McCollum will likely be a career ahler who gets nhl time during injuries.

You lost me at McCollum, but I agree on Jimmy. We need a vet backup for Mrazek when the time comes. McCollum will likely be a career ahler who gets nhl time during injuries.

Lol. The chances of McCollum being the next Drew Mac are pretty slim. But cool.

Hello everyone, I am brand new here. I looked for a " New member intro " section or something like that and had no luck. But staying with the topic of the thread here. I have never liked or been a fan of Jimmy since he was named starter and thought he was okay when he was back up. Howard is DEFINETELY being wayyyy overpaid! I mean how many times have we gone into they third with a two goal lead and he let's one in with less than ten minutes left and then maybe a minute or so following the first goal another softy that's moving at a SNAILS PACE literally slides right past him or it hits part of his pads/skates and goes in??.. TOO MANY FREAKING TIMES!! . I have been pro Mrazek after i saw him play a few games and could see that he had a lot of potential of being a #1 goalie and even being a rookie i have said for the last couple years just give Mrazek his shot. I mean obviously Babcock and the rest of the coaching staff thought they stood a better chance riding the rookie Mrazek instead of Mr.Softy aka Howard. I think there are a few things that need to change for us to get back to the promised land and Howard is in the top 3 of those issues!