• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sum1

should mrazek get #1 tag next season

Rate this topic

Package Howard with any combo choice of Weiss, Ericsson, Smith's rights, and Kindl for someone worth having. They're all dead weight and this team needs a serious fat trimming.

I agree, I'd much rather cut fat off with a hacksaw then burn it off.

And yes, theirs no way he cant be number #1 easily our best player in the playoffs.

The most games Mrazek has started is 52 and that was back in the OHL.

I'm guessing he splits the season with Jimmy and the "starter" will be the guy who ends up earning the spot over the course of the season.

That's just asking for trouble in the dressing room... I'd rather sign a capable backup who could play 25-35 if need be and trade howard while we can still say he was an all star before the injury and will come back to form

He comes back and sucks we will get screwed with that contract and get nothing back in return

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Too risky to trade Howard. These kids can be hot and then cool off in a hurry. Whoever is the coach will do well to split them 50/50 for games.

Edited by evilmrt

The most games Mrazek has started is 52 and that was back in the OHL.

I'm guessing he splits the season with Jimmy and the "starter" will be the guy who ends up earning the spot over the course of the season.

With as many blocked shots by Miller during the playoffs we would be better off having Miller back up Mrazek than Howard.

I don't know that he should start the season, but god damn am I proud of that kid. Comes in as a rookie, starts the playoffs and gives the team every opportunity to win. Multiple shutouts.

The future is bright, y'all.

That's just asking for trouble in the dressing room... I'd rather sign a capable backup who could play 25-35 if need be and trade howard while we can still say he was an all star before the injury and will come back to form

He comes back and sucks we will get screwed with that contract and get nothing back in return

They're both professionals. That sort of thing happens pretty often with goaltenders.

To get rid of Howard for a guy who's started less than 50 games in the NHL is an extremely bold move, and one I don't see Holland making.

Howard for a Dman makes a lot of sense

Package howard for vlasic .... Workout something for Phaneuf -2mill per yr

We'd be flying

Kronwall Phaneuf

Vlasic dekeyser

Ericsson marchenko

Ouellet

Trade nyquist for someone bigger faster upfront ... A nice fast big body 6'3 220 type would be a big time add ... Seeing jurco helm and Tatar nyquist going after pucks against Boyle and other losers from tampa was hard to watch

He's going to be the playoff starter from here on out, no doubt, and that's what's going to dictate a lot of things I imagine.

That said, I think a lot will depend on Howard's thoughts on things this off-season. I wouldn't be entirely shocked if he asks to be traded, and who could blame him? Even if he splits time next year with Mrazek, he has to assume they'll likely be going with Mrazek in the playoffs, and Howard is not a goalie that's going to be content with that situation.

It'd be mutually advantageous for us to trade Howard at this point in his career when he's still an above-average goalie in this league (at worst), especially if it could net us a defenseman. If we can't get a decent return for him this summer, keep them rotating in the regular season, wait for a better opportunity to come up during the season. It's likely to happen, especially if Howard plays well, which I'd fully expect him to after a summer to fully recover and reset from his injury. It does us no harm to have Howard around while Mrazek works through his regular season learning curve.

But if the deal is there this summer to make this team better, make the deal.

They're both professionals. That sort of thing happens pretty often with goaltenders.

To get rid of Howard for a guy who's started less than 50 games in the NHL is an extremely bold move, and one I don't see Holland making.

Mrazeks been a winner everywhere he has gone ... The fact that Babcock went to him rather than howard says a lot ... Been saying for the longest time mrazek will be a star and after this series I got no doubt

That being said he's still 23 and needs to improve obviously and the only way to do that is to make him play a lot

You don't think there's any chance Howard asks for a trade?

For everyone trading Howard I ask you this... Who is your backup then? I sure hope its not Gustavsson

Sign one ? Or trade for one? Off the bat i can think of adding james reimer In a deal if we landed Phaneuf

And before some of you laugh he had some great games for toronto and detroit would be way better ahead of him and it would only be for 25-35 games

That's just right off the bat I'd have to check who's available via ufa or potential trade bait to backup mrazek

Package howard for vlasic .... Workout something for Phaneuf -2mill per yr

We'd be flying

Kronwall Phaneuf

Vlasic dekeyser

Ericsson marchenko

Ouellet

Trade nyquist for someone bigger faster upfront ... A nice fast big body 6'3 220 type would be a big time add ... Seeing jurco helm and Tatar nyquist going after pucks against Boyle and other losers from tampa was hard to watch

Your username makes this really ironic lol

I'm guessing they will split time next season.

The thing is though, one of them is going to have to be the #1. Splitting back-to-backs is obvious but between those do you really want to be alternating goalies every other game (or every two games or every week or however you end up doing it)?

Especially since they have such different styles that the team around them would have to adjust to each time they switch. Not saying it's impossible to do, but in my opinion having a consistent goalie (by which I mean just having the same guy there) who you get in a rhythm playing with would be best.

For everyone trading Howard I ask you this... Who is your backup then? I sure hope its not Gustavsson

Who knows, but Gus is most certainly done here. I like the guy, but he's made of glass. If you're going to go with Mrazek, you need someone a bit more serviceable than Gus at this point. It's a shame, because when healthy, he's a great backup. I still think he was the right move this last year, because Howard typically can play a lot of games, and if he went down, you have a capable Mrazek who can come up and play. It worked out great ultimately this year.