• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ash11

Free agents this off season

Rate this topic

Leafs have traded Jamie Devane to Nashville for Taylor Beck http://www.tsn.ca/leafs-acquire-beck-from-preds-for-devane-1.330412

And just like so the Leafs team is even getting softer. Man wish we could have traded for him, cheap fourth liner with great size and 3 line potential. Steal for Poile

I think people after waiting till Franson's asking price will come down but then I expect Nill on line one as great as the stars offense is, the defense needs help.

Devane won't see much time in Nashville, if any. Good deal for the Leafs.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Semin would be a mistake. I know Ken likes reclamation projects, but he should steer clear.

At the same time, he would be the Russian bud that Datsyuk has been missing since the days of Fedorov and Larionov.

Hardly, the two seem like complete opposites.

Edited by kickazz

As far as Devane I don't think so, the west is loading up with tough players and I doubt they want Weber to do all the fighting for Nashville

Barret Jackman will likely do most of that for Nashville.

They just signed Cody Hodgson and already have a logjam up front. Rich Clune signed with another AHL team and Devane will be his replacement in Milwaukee. Doubt he sees much, if any, time with Nashville.

Interesting, Devane was drafted 68th in 2009 and was traded for Beck, who was drafted 70th, same year.

I think it's a good deal for the Leafs, but really nothing significant. I'm not even sure if Devane will ever get any NHL playing time.

I'm mostly "done" in regards to Red Wings personnel movement. As one last move, trade Cleary, Mantha & Brendan Smith for Dustin Byfuglien and a 3rd round pick.

Put Byfuglien with Green, Lift up DeKeyser to the first pairing with Kronwall. Put Ericsson and Quincey on 3rd "Murder pairing".

Wave to me in the conference finals.

Edited by Jacksoni

I'm mostly "done" in regards to Red Wings personnel movement. As one last move, trade Cleary, Mantha & Brendan Smith for Dustin Byfuglien and a 3rd round pick.

Put Byfuglien with Green, Lift up DeKeyser to the first pairing with Kronwall. Put Ericsson and Quincey on 3rd "Murder pairing".

Wave to me in the conference finals.

Why would the Jets take Cleary anyways

I don't feel overly obliged to defend Cleary's status och capacity but since I suggested him in a trade:

*Yes, Cleary is an UFA. But he still wants to play. Doubt he'd say no if packaged. And he can still perform, he's not walking with a cane (I am right now).

*The Jets want Mantha. I don't blame them. A little sluggish, but at best a Hossa-type scorer. Sneak in Cleary and/or Smith.

I would also have to admit that my last wish as regards to the 15-16 season was a little bit fantasy-ish, so take it with a grain of salt.

Edited by Jacksoni

I don't feel overly obliged to defend Cleary's status och capacity but since I suggested him in a trade:

*Yes, Cleary is an UFA. But he still wants to play. Doubt he'd say no if packaged. And he can still perform, he's not walking with a cane (I am right now). To add, the dude can still play, when healthy.

*The Jets want Mantha. I don't blame them. A little sluggish, but at best a Hossa-type scorer. Sneak in Cleary and/or Smith.

I would also have to admit that my last wish as regards to the 15-16 season was a little bit fantasy-ish, so take it with a grain of salt.

My fantasy, is for us to trade Alexander semin, Cody Franzen, and joakim andersson for Shea weber. Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

Yeah.

But if we could package him with something kinda sweet, for an upgrade, and he gets to play.

He's not gonna say no.

Maybe he's just not talking loud enough.

Cleary? Not talking loud enough? He's the locker room captain!

Cleary? Not talking loud enough? He's the locker room captain!

Nonono.

Not cleary, I think the misunderstanding is my fault, I must not be talking loud enough..

jacksoni, maybe he means something different, that we just don't understand because he's talking too quietly. And everyone knows, talking loudly makes you sound smarter.

You know, that old chestnut.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

Nonono.

Not cleary, I think the misunderstanding is my fault, I must not be talking loud enough..

jacksoni, maybe he means something different, that we just don't understand because he's talking too quietly. And everyone knows, talking loudly makes you sound smarter.

You know, that old chestnut.

Now you're making sense!