• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ash11

Free agents this off season

Rate this topic

Some of the 2016 UFA's: E Staal, Stamkos, Kopitar, O'Reilly, Lucic, Seabrook, Yandle, Byfuglien, Kesler, Backus, Ladd, L. Eriksson, Voracek, Perron, E Johnson, L Schenn, B Sutter, Anisimov, Okposo, and several others. If only half of these guys get resigned it is still a great UFA class. try to get 1-2 Dmen and 1 big time forward.

I'm guessing Ladd locks up long term with Winnipeg but Buff may be up for grabs. I would push hard next summer for Seabrook

I we get talking about next summer's UFA's, I can honestly say that will be the 1st summer we may not be in dire need for a D upgrade. Up front, now is a different story. If Richards comes in and does what he is asked to do, I can actually see him being re-signed. I would love to try to steal Backes to be a center to usher out the Datsyuk era and in the next era. Heck, maybe Datsyuk does the old 1 year at a time trick until he is 40 as well. Backes would redefine our top 6 for sure. We should have room for 1 or 2 additions after re-signing the guys we want to keep and letting others go. Maybe 3 spots if #93 is still out. I wouldn't mind seeing Okposo in Detroit as a UFA either.

...back to THIS YEAR's OFFSEASON

PERISCOPE?! Not today. BREAKING: #Stars sign D-man Johnny Oduya to a two-year contract. READ: http://ow.ly/PE4BO

So, where does Franson land now and for how much/how long?

Edited by e_prime

Colorado maybe? Likely 1 or 2 years at 4 mil per season. He over played the market big time.

Honestly, it's strangely refreshing seeing one of the top free agents over play the market. I'd be interested to see which offers he turned down vs what he eventually signs for.. something tells me he wanted more term than teams were willing to offer more so than money.

That's why Mike Green was smart. He didn't get the term he wanted so instead he chose a team which would be a good fit for his style of game. Plus he gets to make the same yearly salary he was making in Washington. Now Franson is going to have to accept a much lesser deal because he over estimated his value and misread the market.

Edited by Helmethead

Craig Custance @CraigCustance 17m17 minutes ago

2-year deal worth $3.75 million per season for Johnny Oduya & the Stars. Includes partial no-trade. Another strong off-season for Jim Nill.

Still need some D-men, Jim? You like Kindl, right? Ericsson?

Its good to see Jim Nill be active in the trade market. Lets be clear that so far, in his tenure with Dallas, he really hasn't accomplished much.

The Stars didn't even make the playoffs last year and the year before when he joined the Stars didn't even get out of the first round.

Will Niemi, Patrick Sharp and Johnny be enough to push them into the playoffs? We shall see.

It's going to be tough for the Stars to make the playoffs in the West. They can score goals but their blue line is a question mark. Oduya looked good playing on a stacked team with Hjalmarsson. Plus in goal Lehtonen seems to be regressing and Niemi is average.

Oduya should be a good fit in Dallas. Not a great top-four by any means, but well-balanced in Goligoski-Klingberg and, presumably, Oduya-Demers. They have quite a few prospects who will make push for jobs, too (Oleksiak, Nemeth, Jokkipaka, Johns, Backman, Bystrom, Honka, etc).

Perhaps this pushes Buffalo to go out and acquire someone *cough*

That's why Mike Green was smart. He didn't get the term he wanted so instead he chose a team which would be a good fit for his style of game. Plus he gets to make the same yearly salary he was making in Washington. Now Franson is going to have to accept a much lesser deal because he over estimated his value and misread the market.

Now the Wings can sign Franson for 4 mill,and trade Ericsson for a 4th rounder and kindl for a 7th.

If Detroit manages to move one of Kindl/Quincey, I would much rather that extra spot be used for prospects. I would like to see Ouellet, Marchenko and Jensen rotated into the lineup this year (don't think Sproul is ready, but we'll see how his season goes). With the money they have tied up now, plus raises due to DeKeyser, Abdelkader, Helm and Sheahan next season, I would be hesitant to sign a guy like Franson.

Edit: As much as I harp on Smith, I think he and Marchenko looked good during their brief time together last season. I would be comfortable with using that as Detroit's third pair on defense.

Edited by Jesusberg

Yes, but if you are landing Franson for $3.5M - $4M for 2-3 years and then dumping E and K you are actually gaining a roster spot in the long run and saving over $2M in cap. E's contract is horrendous and is WAY too long. Call Nill up and see if he wants him for a low pick.

Kronwall - Franson

Dekeyser - Green

Smith - Quincey

Jensen

Edited by LeftWinger

Not that he was a FA but Kessler extended:

NHL Updates @NHL_Updates 45s46 seconds ago

Center Ryan Kesler agrees to 6-year, $41.25 million contract extension with Anaheim Ducks http://bit.ly/1HNk37b

0 retweets 0 favorites
Schultz re-signs with EDM -- Despite EDM's defensive woes, gotta imagine that's a make or break situation
Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC 7m7 minutes ago

EDM and Schultz settle one year at $3.9M

Edited by e_prime

Yes, but if you are landing Franson for $3.5M - $4M for 2-3 years and then dumping E and K you are actually gaining a roster spot in the long run and saving over $2M in cap. E's contract is horrendous and is WAY too long. Call Nill up and see if he wants him for a low pick.

Kronwall - Franson

Dekeyser - Green

Smith - Quincey

Jensen

While I agree with Ericsson's deal being too long/costly, I have a hard time seeing other GM's bite on it without DET retaining some money. With Nill grabbing Oduya, I doubt he'd have much interest in adding him, either.

I'm only interested in another defenseman if he's a legit top pair guy. A game changer. A winner. The kind of guy who would throw some punk kid's track suit into the showers without batting an eye.

But where would you find such a defenseman? Who could he be?

Dustin-Byfuglien-Jets-Feed-Happy.jpg

make it or break it season for semin's nhl career, imo.

If the habs are a contender, hell be fine.

Its when his team is sh***ing the bed he seems to not care.

Oh boy. Semin in Montreal. He better play well or the media will destroy him. Lol

As long as he doesn't know/learn French, he won't be able to understand them.