• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ash11

Free agents this off season

Rate this topic

Honestly though, just how much is Pitt a contender anymore? Ya, I know, injuries, but before our injuries last season, we were tied for 1st overall in the NHL, and most insiders don't/didn't consider Detroit a contender. That being said, I do think the additions (and subtractions) this summer makes Detroit a step or two closer to contending. Sure, the addition of Kessel makes the Pens a bit better up front, but they did lose some players that worked hard for that team, Kessel has never been accused of working hard. I can see players choosing Pitt over Detroit in todays NHL, but IMO, I don't think they are that much closer or we are that much further away from contending...plus its not like they have a ton of cap space either.

I am not saying anyone else is coming to Detroit, but I think there are plenty "better" teams out there that are closer to the Cup than Pitt, that Franson would be looking at (if he takes a cheap 1 year deal to win) before the Pens...The Ducks have over $12M in cap space with only 22 roster spots taken up...

I can't quite figure out your obsession with Franson lol

You must really like him as a player because you are campaigning hard for him to sign here.

I can't quite figure out your obsession with Franson lol

You must really like him as a player because you are campaigning hard for him to sign here.

It's kind of funny given his infatuation with Franzen. Lol

I was going to say... I think he has a Franzen fixation, not a Franson fixation.

TBH I don't think Lefty is any more fixated on Franson than anyone else... he WAS one of the key UFAs going into the offseason.

I was going to say... I think he has a Franzen fixation, not a Franson fixation.

TBH I don't think Lefty is any more fixated on Franson than anyone else... he WAS one of the key UFAs going into the offseason.

I agree, but this started before he was even a UFA if I remember. When he was with the Leafs he wanted to trade for him? I could be mixing him up with someone else, just think it's funny though.

He's definitely been jonesing for Kenny to sign Franson for awhile now. I recall him having Franson on the Wings like he was a regular player in multiple lineup scenarios. I guess we all do this from time to time with players we'd like to see become Red Wings.

33 year-old Dman Ilya Nikulin...a fromer Russian national team captain...is headed to the NHL as a FA. I don't think he'd be a fit here...

Not every FA wants to come here and also thought him and Ovie were like bff?

If this were a class on NHL FA...and I accepted you as being a person with the authority to grade me...I would offer more insight.

Saying he wouldn't be a good fit here and leaving it at that with no opinion or reasoning of why there is no flow to the content of some subjects around here.

I thought you had more insight than that, apparently not or you do not feel like you want to share. But if you aren't then don't make a statement that won't encourage constructive debate and conversation I would think especially when you bring it up and when asked to add to it to bring thr conversation among more as I like to talk hockey and reasonings behind such statements are left out, no reason to make a post in the first place

And once again, no school or grades were ever mentioned

This is more about next year... Am I the only who thinks Stamkos is heading to Toronto next year? I mean I think it's a 50/50 chance the other fifty going towards Tampa signing him for atleast ten mil I feel like if he stays in Tampa he's going to be the highest paid player in the league probably making a small amount more than Kane and Toews

If Stamkos wants to come to the Leafs, there is no way they say no, especially when giving away assets is not involved.

I think he meant more that Stamkos wouldn't want to go there since they're rebuilding and it looks like they won't be competing for quite a while.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

wow that's a bargain thought he would get at least 4 million. Him not accepting the Leafs deal of 4,75 for 5 years could turn out to be a costly mistake.

Surprised wings couldn't beat that offer he would have been a nice second pairing guy with some much needed physicality.

Sabres are improving quickly