• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ash11

Free agents this off season

Rate this topic

Richards won't have to hire any lawyers, the nhlpa isnt going to let this die easily.

Thanks yeah forget about that possibility too I mean this would set a very bad precedent. The Kings are legally obliged to pay him for the remaining years of his contract period. But man I just looked it up if they buy him out his the penalty would amount to 4,5 annually in the last two years wow.

Lokk like a desperation move from LA at first glance but why try something you'll fail with for sure and damage your reputation at the same time ? There has to be something to it, Richards and NHLPA would call the bluff without a doubt if it is one. Or maybe I give the Kings organisation more credit than it deserves, who knows......

Lokk like a desperation move from LA at first glance but why try something you'll fail with for sure and damage your reputation at the same time ? There has to be something to it, Richards and NHLPA would call the bluff without a doubt if it is one. Or maybe I give the Kings organisation more credit than it deserves, who knows......

Nothing ventured nothing gained. LA obviously feels they have a chance, but I highly doubt that the NHLPA will just let this go away. There is too much money at stake. My bet is that Mike Richards wins out and he gets what is owed to him unless he was caught dealing drugs or something really bad that we don't know about yet.

It may just be because of his off ice training(or lack thereof) but we won't find out for sure until after its been decided.

They're not going to be able to release the reasoning because of all the legal ramifications that come with accusations of public figures.

If its something drug related/or the reasoning for terminating the contract is easily provable by the kings, then there will be no fight from the nhlpa in which case we may never hear the full extent of the reasoning.

It should be interesting, either way, especially if they end up clearing his entire cap. I'd also be intrigued to find out if Weiss' contract could be terminated since he openly denied/hid his injury when we signed him.

If we could get out of paying him because of that, that would come in handy if he continues to play like garbage.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

It may just be because of his off ice training(or lack thereof) but we won't find out for sure until after its been decided.

They're not going to be able to release the reasoning because of all the legal ramifications that come with accusations of public figures.

If its something drug related/or the reasoning for terminating the contract is easily provable by the kings, then there will be no fight from the nhlpa in which case we may never hear the full extent of the reasoning.

It should be interesting, either way, especially if they end up clearing his entire cap. I'd also be intrigued to find out if Weiss' contract could be terminated since he openly denied/hid his injury when we signed him.

If we could get out of paying him because of that, that would come in handy if he continues to play like garbage.

Just listened to Macramella on TSN and he basically said, it will be near impossible for the Kings to pull this of. Other leagues I think it was the NFL and MLB have tried it and failed with all their attempts and according to him the problems were much more serious then this. Don't forget Richards is loaded with money so I'm sure he has his own "very nice" gym at one of his mansions. Personally I think the only chance they have if it's something extremely serious and I don't think Richards is a guy that would do something so outrageaus. I mean this is the same team that hasn't terminated the animal's contract yet and this guy beat up on his girlfriend and like I said Richards doesn't come of as a guy who would something more serious than this.

But man if this ends up with the Kings losing the Kings reputation might take a huge hit. Wonder if they can settle this before the start of the pre-season games if not this might be a story for months to come.

Rumor has it Brandon Saad might be further apart on a deal with the Blackhawks than previously thought. I think he'd be worth an offer sheet., he's an RFA, I believe. Anyone else agree? Oduya is also going to test free agency, but I don't think he's worth anything, really.

Rumor has it Brandon Saad might be further apart on a deal with the Blackhawks than previously thought. I think he'd be worth an offer sheet., he's an RFA, I believe. Anyone else agree? Oduya is also going to test free agency, but I don't think he's worth anything, really.

I wouldn't put an offer sheet in for him. He is a good player, but not worth the 3-4 number 1 draft picks we would lose to get him.

I wouldn't put an offer sheet in for him. He is a good player, but not worth the 3-4 number 1 draft picks we would lose to get him.

According to the new CBA, the only way we would lose over two first rounders is if he signed for around an $9.1 million cap hit or more.

RFA compensation:

• $1,205,377 to $1,826,328 Third-round pick
  • $1,826,328 to $3,652,659 Second-round pick
  • $3,652,659 to $5,478,986 First- and third-round pick
  • $5,478,986 to $7,305,316 First-, second-, and third-round pick
  • $7,305,316 to $9,131,645 Two first-round picks and a second- and third-round pick

$9,131,645 and above Four first-round picks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offer_sheet#Compensation

Edited by amato

Saad is reportedly only asking for $4 million and Chicago is hesitant. Offer sheet him $5 and watch the Hawks squirm. What's that, two second round picks? Worth it.

A first and a third according to that wiki I put a couple posts up. I also found that same table on a couple other articles.

I don't understand this brandon saad love ... The guy gets 2 20 goal seasons and people wanna throw 7+ million a year for him? Ÿou f***en kidding me?

Dont get me wrong he's a good player but I wouldn't even give him 5 million right now as I believe this is his bridge contract? ... He should be happy with 4 per x3

We start giving 7+ for 20 goal scorers 30 goal guys will get 10 soon enough

I don't understand this brandon saad love ... The guy gets 2 20 goal seasons and people wanna throw 7+ million a year for him? ou f***en kidding me?

Dont get me wrong he's a good player but I wouldn't even give him 5 million right now as I believe this is his bridge contract? ... He should be happy with 4 per x3

We start giving 7+ for 20 goal scorers 30 goal guys will get 10 soon enough

Toews and Kane. Just saying

I would offer Semin a low contract for a year or two. He might sign cheap since he'll still be getting paid by the canes & I don't think he'll get offers from too many teams. If he takes it, great. If not, no big deal..

That said, I bet he goes to the penguins real cheap for a year.

Where did someone say they'd give $7+ mill? Most I see on here is five. Am I missing something?

not here but i seen around online mentions of how teams could/should to pry him away from the hawks , on tv and radio as well ... McGuire I remember mentioned it once ... Kisses his ass nonstop

Also , sorry guys jumped the gun and posted a semin topic when I heard, feel free to take it down

Just heard ... Bruins interested in bryan bickell lmao this keeps getting better and better

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

not here but i seen around online mentions of how teams could/should to pry him away from the hawks , on tv and radio as well ... McGuire I remember mentioned it once ... Kisses his ass nonstop

Also , sorry guys jumped the gun and posted a semin topic when I heard, feel free to take it down

Ah gotcha. I hadn't seen any of that. I don't think it'd even take that much to pry him away but I guess it depends on what trades they make.

Don Sweeney reminds me of Garth Snow when he first became Isles GM. Flying by the seat of his pants. No planning. I think Neely has something to do with the knee jerk GMing which is going on in Boston right now. I'm still shaking my head at the Hamilton trade.

What's your boy Stafford gonna get?

$5 million plus per season?

Hard to say. He's a valuable player, but I don't know if he's worth that. Winnipeg would have to dump some salary if that was the case.

Then again, it is Winnipeg. Who wants to play there for too long? If he is looking for a shorter term, he might get 5 mil in salary.

Edit: Well there you go, two years, 4.3 million. That's a pretty good deal actually.

Edited by kipwinger