• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rhah

Sigh, having a relapse of irritation

Rate this topic

Getting really upset thinking how big doofus' Boyle and Killorn etc get to continue to skate in the playoffs all because one dopey d-man got lucky and hit his spot on far side of net, a shot he probably misses 9 times out of 10.

Grrrrrrrr

Also, Dekeyser was so far out of position, it caused Miller to have to swing down to cover the front of the net and he ended up leaving his point man wide open. Then Dekeyser screened the goalie.

#Dekeyser

Also, Dekeyser was so far out of position, it caused Miller to have to swing down to cover the front of the net and he ended up leaving his point man wide open. Then Dekeyser screened the goalie.

#Dekeyser

Our once mentally razor-sharp d-man is now suffering from brain farts frequently.

Better not see this BS in the fall.

#Dekeyser

everyone was out of position. 1 caught behind the net, the other 4 facing the puck. leaving coburn wide open.

The Human Eraser was doing what human erasers do - erasing the chance that the shot would miss.

#Dekeyser

I'm more annoyed at Tatar for completely mishandling the puck and ruining the best chance in the game without even getting a shot off. He really needs to learn to not try to get too fancy in the wrong situations, just shoot the damn puck and hack at the goalie until it goes in if necessary.

There's a thin line between winning and losing sometime. I don't think it's a coincidence, though, that we ended up on the wrong side of that line. We're just lacking that something extra right now to win this kind of game.

Too many squandered chances in the first two periods.

We scored a whole 2 goals in the last 2 games. I wonder if Pulkinnen was a better option in this series than Ferraro.

As a fourth line winger? I'm not really sure if Ferraro was being counted on to score. The more relevant question would be "I wonder if Pulkkinen was a better option in this series than Jurco or Andersson"?

I still don't think so, but that seems a little more of a fair comparison.

There's a thin line between winning and losing sometime. I don't think it's a coincidence, though, that we ended up on the wrong side of that line. We're just lacking that something extra right now to win this kind of game.

Too many squandered chances in the first two periods.

Too many squandered chances all series.

Too many squandered chances all series.

Very true. If you're going to be a team that's completely geared toward shot suppression, you're not going to get a lot of offensive chances. So you need to take advantage of those you do get. In order to win that series we needed our powerplay going, and we needed to capitalize on chances like that Helm/Tatar 2 on 1 in game seven.

Unfortunately, neither happened when we needed it to.

Well, you eventually need scoring threats...Pulkinnen is a scoring threat and I think he should have been in there somewhere. Ferraro played the last game of the season and then all of a sudden he is a fixture. Not really sure why. I would have scratched him rather than pulks. I like Jurco's "battle" and Andersson...well he was there all year. He did get that fluky goal...

Well, you eventually need scoring threats...Pulkinnen is a scoring threat and I think he should have been in there somewhere. Ferraro played the last game of the season and then all of a sudden he is a fixture. Not really sure why. I would have scratched him rather than pulks. I like Jurco's "battle" and Andersson...well he was there all year. He did get that fluky goal...

Right, but you're creating one hole to fill another. The Miller-Glendenig-Ferraro line was absolutely steller defensively all series long. They, more than anything else (except maybe Mrazek) kept us in the series. But it's a catch-22. In order to keep Tampa's offense at bay, you had to play our fourth line 18 minutes a night. And if you do that, you won't score much. So you've got to take advantage of the chances you get. We didn't.

Plus don't forget that Pulkkinen wasn't exactly scoring like gangbusters before he was sent down. He's not that much of a scoring threat at this point in his NHL tenure. He's also slow as hell, and Babcock stated he wanted a fast roster to keep up with Tampa.

I think the right decision was made. We played as well as we could have without winning, but in the end we lost to a team that was simply much deeper and more talented than we were. Just like Chicago two years ago.

Guest Playmaker

Not that I've seen this movie 10,000 times, but "Let it go, Let it goooooooooooooo"

Not that I've seen this movie 10,000 times, but "Let it go, Let it goooooooooooooo"

I am trying!

My latest obsession is thinking about Millers little lob shot that was wide by a foot to the left. Seemed like a sure misplay by Bishop. Wish we would have capitalized on his early shakiness.

He really didn't play well at all until third. If we had some better results on our early chances we shoulda had 2 goals by the third.

I don't think Bishop is as good a everyone made him out to be. Just being big isn't everything no need to mention it every chance they got as if that solidifies his stardom. Hell, Garth Snow was big too when you gave him jumbo pads.

I am trying!

My latest obsession is thinking about Millers little lob shot that was wide by a foot to the left. Seemed like a sure misplay by Bishop. Wish we would have capitalized on his early shakiness.

He really didn't play well at all until third. If we had some better results on our early chances we shoulda had 2 goals by the third.

I don't think Bishop is as good a everyone made him out to be. Just being big isn't everything no need to mention it every chance they got as if that solidifies his stardom. Hell, Garth Snow was big too when you gave him jumbo pads.

Bingo. Look at Game 6, Bishop looked shaky, real shaky. Tons of big juicy rebounds, and we couldn't do a damn thing. So annoying.