• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

ECSF: Tampa Bay Crying Coopers vs. Montreal Complaining Canadiens

Rate this topic

There are whiners, and then there is Claude Julien...King of the Whiners.

claude.jpg

Really? Dont' get me wrong, I think he's in the running. Most of it from their series against the Habs. But for me the king is Alain Vigneault.

It's fun just to do a search for "Alain Vigneault complains" on your favorite search engine.

Really? Dont' get me wrong, I think he's in the running. Most of it from their series against the Habs. But for me the king is Alain Vigneault.

It's fun just to do a search for "Alain Vigneault complains" on your favorite search engine.

True, I guess maybe Julien seems more of a whiner because of his theatrics.

Also, I am noticing a French trend here.

The series goes to 7 games. The first 6 are 1-0. All goals are scored when the puck bounces off someone standing in front of the net pointing a finger at an opposing player and whining about something.

By game 7, they have all learned to stand and cry without pointing. In the intermission before the 7th overtime of a 0-0 game, Steve Yzerman visits the locker room and asks to speak to Filppula. He has brought with him a medium who looks deeply into Flip's dreamy... blue... ey...........

Oh, sorry. But. Those eyes...

She asks him to recall a previous life. She sees the colour red. He blinks. He stares at Yzerman. He sees the Cup Rings on Yzerman's hand. Where has he seen that before?

Then it comes to him! The heart of a Bolt remembers! It is transformed into the heart of a Wing!

And what happened next? Well, in Whoville, they say, that Filppula's balls grew three sizes that day!

He skates onto the ice, wins the face-off, takes the puck himself, skates between the Canadiens players who are crying about an unfair puck drop.

He scores, winning the series for the Lightning. A breathless Cooper asks him, "How did you do it?" Filppula proudly replies, "I'm a Red Wing! I cheated."

Then they go on to get blown away in the next series and we all live happily ever after. The end.