• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

ECSF: Tampa Bay Crying Coopers vs. Montreal Complaining Canadiens

Rate this topic

Ahahahahaha. Suck it Habs. The only part that hurts is it should have been us.

They'll just delusionally say they would of beat us

Bolts for the cup!

f*** the bolts man

Going for the caps/nyr winner ... Looks bad for ny right now if they lose but with the king in nets that's the one team I could see coming back down 3-1 along with Chicago

They'll just delusionally say they would of beat us

f*** the bolts man

Going for the caps/nyr winner ... Looks bad for ny right now if they lose but with the king in nets that's the one team I could see coming back down 3-1 along with Chicago

They can think what they want. Sure they made the second round, but the Wings have been more impressive these playoffs than the Habs by far. They almost chocked against the Sens for god sakes.

Our young team took the hawks to 7the game ot. They eventually won the cup.

I don't think TB will win the cup but damn it's nice to know that even at our team's low points, they still manage to be competitive.

Proud of the Wings.

This should have been Detroit.

This would be the equivalent of Vancouver fans saying in 2002, "We could have beaten the Canes in the Finals". Same thing with Nashville in 2008.

Teams that win the Cup frequently have scares in the early rounds. Not saying TB will win the Cup, but you get the point. I can't see us beating Montreal because we suck against them and against Price.

This would be the equivalent of Vancouver fans saying in 2002, "We could have beaten the Canes in the Finals". Same thing with Nashville in 2008.

Teams that win the Cup frequently have scares in the early rounds. Not saying TB will win the Cup, but you get the point. I can't see us beating Montreal because we suck against them and against Price.

Sorry to break it to you but what Detroit did in the first round was not some fluke. TB got shut down by the Wings and really should have lost the series if the Wings didn't screw up game 4 with 8 minutes left.

They've done it to Crosby and Malkin, they've done it to Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan, they've done it to Toews and Kane. What players are the common theme here...

Sorry to break it to you but what Detroit did in the first round was not some fluke. TB got shut down by the Wings and really should have lost the series if the Wings didn't screw up game 4 with 8 minutes left.

They've done it to Crosby and Malkin, they've done it to Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan, they've done it to Toews and Kane. What players are the common theme here...

You're bragging about a team that won one playoff series in the last four seasons.

We didn't shut down Johnson. He hurt us the whole series. Chicago beat us last time, although we beat them in 2009 before they peaked. Still, our stars were terrible against Chicago in 2013. Expended too much energy shutting people down. We did play well against Anaheim in 2013, but their stars hurt is in the other playoff series' we played against them. In 2009, Malkin hurt us big time. We spent all resources to shut down Crosby. We did beat them the season before, so I'll give you that.

Bottom line is that our defensive mistakes and lack of clutch scoring makes us a poor playoff team. That's why we only have one playoff series win the last four seasons. Shutting down one line doesn't win you a series. To say that we would have beaten Montreal is like Nashville fans saying in 2008 that they were a Cup contender if they hadn't run into Detroit.

Different matchup, different problems. Even if we do shut down Montreal's stars, can we score on Price? TB can score because they scored tons of goals this season. We didn't. We don't score a lot in the playoffs which is why we usually lose in the playoffs nowadays.

Edited by GMRwings1983

We didn't shut down Johnson. He hurt us the whole series. And we lost pretty much all those series you mentioned. I wouldn't bring that up as good salesmanship of our prowess.

Anyway to take a negative out of anything. We didn't shutdown one player, it's not the reason we lost.

Put it this way, we will not win a cup every year. Neither will any other team I the NHL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyway to take a negative out of anything. We didn't shutdown one player, it's not the reason we lost. Put it this way, we will not win a cup every year. Neither will any other team I the NHL. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very original. :rolleyes:

How about actually winning a playoff series? Who said anything about the Cup every season? I'm just looking at the big picture of the results. Not saying we didn't do anything well against Tampa. We did. But it was the same as the Chicago series two years ago. Not enough scoring in big moments, despite shutting people down. I don't see us scoring enough goals on Price to beat Montreal like Tampa Bay is doing at will.

Anyway to take a negative out of anything. We didn't shutdown one player, it's not the reason we lost. Put it this way, we will not win a cup every year. Neither will any other team I the NHL. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very original. :rolleyes:

How about actually winning a playoff series? Who said anything about the Cup every season? I'm just looking at the big picture of the results. Not saying we didn't do anything well against Tampa. We did. But it was the same as the Chicago series two years ago. Not enough scoring in big moments, despite shutting people down. I don't see us scoring enough goals on Price to beat Montreal like Tampa Bay is doing at will.

It's original because it's true, don't blame me.

Please do tell what you would do differently to get us out of the first round. This should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk