• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BottleOfSmoke

Locker room Clean-Out Updates

Rate this topic

@tkulfan: Zidlicky has concussion symptoms...has not decided whether he wants to play anymore

@KenKalDRW: Babcock said that there's a 24 hour rule for sulking in his house (after game 7 loss) and he used all 24 hours.

@Bill_Roose: #RedWings coach Mike Babcock said he doesn't know what the future holds. "I'm not trying to snow you. I don't know." http://t.co/MrSCsNf6rX

@HeleneStJames: "I don't want to be a general manager. I'm a coach" Mike Babcock

@Bill_Roose: #RedWings defenseman Kyle Quincey said he'll undergo surgery next week to remove bone chips from an ankle.

@CraigCustance: Jimmy Howard says he won't request trade. Looks forward to competing for starting job in Red Wings training camp.

@HammerFox2: "Solution is about both sides getting what they want" ken holland

@FSDwakiji: #RedWings Holland said when it is time to step up, Ilitch steps up better than any owner.

@CraigCustance: Holland said money won't be an issue in keeping Babcock.

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

@DennyKapp: Holland: "I think (Bab) is a fabulous coach... he's made our organization better. I respect he's pushed our players" http://t.co/2UKcpFk0YB

@Bill_Roose: #RedWings Holland: "Did the players always like Scotty? Do they always like Babcock? Nah. I like that. I like when the boss makes you work."

@HammerFox2: "We're trying to go younger...the one thing we don't get are the players that are stars right off the draft table." #Wings draft later

@greggkrupa: Babcock more upset by loss than I have ever seen him. Voice quivered. Eyes teared, a bit. "Can't believe lost."

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

@Bill_Roose: Asked if he'd let Babcock explore options with other teams, Holland: "Right now no. We have exclusive negotiating rights until end of June."

@BradGalli: Luke Glendening had a bad cut in his hand inGame 4. Almost came back for OT.

@DennyKapp: Holland: "Ericsson played with a broken toe" suffered during pregame soccer with teammates

*eyeroll*

@wingsfrontman: Abby broken finger. E had broken toe. Glendening torn tendon on back hand. Pav had bruised ankle.

Yikes:

@HammerFox2: Holland confirms that Zetterberg was healthy during playoff series. #Wings

@DennyKapp: "The playoffs start for the #RedWings on October 8th"-Ken Holland

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

Babcock said winning and his family (wife) are priorities

Babcock reiterated he doesn't have skill set to be GM. Not interested in it. "Do I want to have input? Yes. Do I have input here? Lots."

Babcock says he has no interest in being GM. Says there are no better jobs than his current one.

@Bill_Roose: Asked if he'd let Babcock explore options with other teams, Holland: "Right now no. We have exclusive negotiating rights until end of June."

@BradGalli: Luke Glendening had a bad cut in his hand inGame 4. Almost came back for OT.

@DennyKapp: Holland: "Ericsson played with a broken toe" suffered during pregame soccer with teammates

*eyeroll*

@wingsfrontman: Abby broken finger. E had broken toe. Glendening torn tendon on back hand. Pav had bruised ankle.

Yikes:

@HammerFox2: Holland confirms that Zetterberg was healthy during playoff series. #Wings

@DennyKapp: "The playoffs start for the #RedWings on October 8th"-Ken Holland

Those two injuries are most concerning to play with imo. The rest of them are not too bad to deal with if you're playing. Can't believe Abby and Glendening played with broken finger and torn tendon....tough guys.

Whoever made the prediction on Abby's broken finger two weeks ago was correct! (one of our posters)

Edited by kickazz

@markhmasters: Mike Babcock says key factors in his decision:

1. What his wife thinks

2. Winning

@markhmasters: Babcock had one preliminary discussion with wife yesterday & "that conversation didn't go very well. Didn't last that long."

@markhmasters: Why didn't conversation with wife go well? "Got heated up pretty quick," Babcock says with a laugh

@markhmasters: Babcock on coaching in Detroit: "When I went some place (new) before, there was always a better job. Theres no better job."

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

Wait so if Babs re-signs is Blashill a for sure loss? I thought Blashill was still under a contract with Griffins.

Bet Babs wants to stay but his wife wants to gtfo of Detroit, Michigan. while she still can. Bet she wants some sunshine in Anaheim. :blind:

Edited by kickazz

Wait so if Babs resigns is Blashill a for sure loss? I thought Blashill was still under a contract with Griffins.

Sounds like he'd be permitted to talk to other teams. He'll likely be gone depending on how long babs re-signs for & what blash wants in response to that.

Wait so if Babs re-signs is Blashill a for sure loss? I thought Blashill was still under a contract with Griffins.

Bet Babs wants to stay but his wife wants to gtfo of Detroit, Michigan. while she still can. Bet she wants some sunshine in Anaheim. :blind:

Given Management's history with guys like Nill, Yzerman, McLellan, MacLean, Peters, etc, you can be that Blashill will be granted every opportunity to take an NHL head-coaching job if the offers are there.

As far as the wife thing goes, that was my reaction as well.

Jesus. I'm sorry. Holland's insane. Hopefully he means to offer him a position within the organization but not on the team. I think it would be great to keep him around in a player personnel type role.

thats what i took the comment to mean.

"I thought our team played so hard," Babcock said. "I felt terrible, as bad as I've felt as a Red Wings coach, after the loss in Tampa and yesterday."

Babcock called veterans Henrik Zetterberg, Pavel Datsyuk and Niklas Kronwall "the best leadership group I've been around in pro sports. Those guys' window isn't as long as a lot of our kids'. At one point this year, we had 15 kids under the age of 28. We need the push from those kids. When I first got here, Datsyuk and Zetterberg and Kronwall were making older players that were here, they made them better. They were the kids that came and made them better and gave them another opportunity. We had a three-year run in '07, '08, '09.

"We need to have another run here. We're not a million miles away. The way we played against Tampa in games 3-7, you think you're a Cup contender, and you're out in the first round three out of four years. It's depressing.

"The great thing about being here is the expectations are high. I put expectations on our board all the time. Our owner expects you to be successful. I love that about this place. You're supposed to win. You're not supposed to be out, you're not supposed to have the team picture and the end of April or May."

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2015/05/01/mike-babcock-detroit-red-wings/26715027/

That's some positive sounding dialogue.

He's right though. There aren't any other jobs that are better. Here, he has a core group he built up. Everywhere else is rebuilding and he would have to go there and set up his new coaching style/system. That can be a pain in the a** especially if you're walking into a tradition of losing (Edmonton, Toronto, etc.)

I heard Boston could offer but will Babs be a good fit there?! Boston plays a tough and big game and Babs is not known to have his players go play a grind game. He's all about the speed and pass, pass shoot.

Pittsburg seems plausible. They still consistently make playoffs and Malkin/Crosby are still young. He could probably win a cup with them, they have most of the pieces needed.

He's probably trying to take back some of the stuff he said post game 7. He was a bit too heated and to be honest I couldn't believe he blurted out some of the stuff he did. It wasn't very Babcock like.