• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sjr2012

Things you would like to see for 2015-16 Season

Rate this topic

You mean James "Detroit doesn't pay fair market value" Wiz?

No I think they mean, James "the guy who got his money and is probably looking to have a bounce back year with a new team" Wisniewski.

It would take far less to get Wiz than to get Phanuef, BUT is Wiz the guy to turn our D around? Not saying Phanuef is, but now that Babcock is in TO, he may want to try to get some of "his" players on his new team...ie, Miller, Glenny, Helm, Abby, KFQ, Big E...

I would take a trade for Wiz, as long as there is another D signing, like Green, Martin or Franson. I am also ok with seeing if Weiss can produce under Blashill, assuming he is the next coach, but forgot about Soderberg being available via UFA. I can imagine a line of Nyquist - Soderberg- Zetterberg would be fairly productive, and would probably have good chemistry...for some reason...

I'd take a trade for Wiz, sign Mike Green and sign Soderberg. That, for me, would be a great off season. Trade away Weiss, Kindl and give Babcock his Andersson back. EIther trade him there or let them sign him as an RFA and get a little compensation...or keep him to compete with Ferraro and Callahan for the 13th/14th spot.

Tatar - Datsuk - Pulkkinen

Nyquist - Soderberg - Zetterberg

Jurco - Sheahan - Helm

MIller - Glendening - Abdelkader

Ferraro (Andersson or Callahan)

Kronwall - Green

Ericsson - Wisniewski

Quincey - Dekeyser

Jensen

Mrazek

Howard

It would take far less to get Wiz than to get Phanuef, BUT is Wiz the guy to turn our D around? Not saying Phanuef is, but now that Babcock is in TO, he may want to try to get some of "his" players on his new team...ie, Miller, Glenny, Helm, Abby, KFQ, Big E...

I would take a trade for Wiz, as long as there is another D signing, like Green, Martin or Franson. I am also ok with seeing if Weiss can produce under Blashill, assuming he is the next coach, but forgot about Soderberg being available via UFA. I can imagine a line of Nyquist - Soderberg- Zetterberg would be fairly productive, and would probably have good chemistry...for some reason...

I'd take a trade for Wiz, sign Mike Green and sign Soderberg. That, for me, would be a great off season. Trade away Weiss, Kindl and give Babcock his Andersson back. EIther trade him there or let them sign him as an RFA and get a little compensation...or keep him to compete with Ferraro and Callahan for the 13th/14th spot.

Jurco - Sheahan - Helm

Kronwall - Green

Ericsson - Wisniewski

Quincey - Dekeyser

Jensen

Mrazek

Howard

I disagree with the notion that we need a "guy to turn our defense around". It's overly simplistic. Just because a guy isn't going to completely change the complexion of your defense corps, all by himself, is not a reason to avoid acquiring him. There are a handful of guys who are that good. We aren't getting them. But it would be foolish to avoid upgrades entirely, and hedge your bets on drafting the next P.K. Subban, as a result.

Jurco - Sheahan - Helm

Kronwall - Green

Ericsson - Wisniewski

Quincey - Dekeyser

Jensen

Mrazek

Howard

Putting Pulk on the top line when the guy hasn't proven anything in the NHL yet (keyword YET) isn't sound strategy.

I wanna see a team like we had in the mid to late 90's...Scoring goals, and punching faces, and being at the top of the league...I can dream can't I?

Forgive my ignorance since I know little about the guy.....But what exactly has 'The Wiz' done since thumbing his nose at Detroit, and signing with the BJ's for big $$$?

I haven't heard much about him these past few years...Maybe there's a reason.

The only 2 things that stand out is all his time on IR and most recently in the press box watching the Ducks playoff run.

Yes, but when Pulk was out there with Dats, he scored. He is a top 6 sniper, that is his role. I'd rather him stick with Dats and become a huge threat than see him rot on the 4th line. I have no doubt Blash will play the kids a bit differently than Babs did. But you're right, you must earn that spot, and if he struggles, then change it up. Heck, Jurco is known for his hands and scoring ability (before he got in the dog house) maybe he could it up there with Dats. He is a bigger body as well... My point is, I don't want to see Abby and Helm in the top 6 when far better offensive players belong there, and that is what makes me so excited for the coaching change, a new approach to players.

Yes, but when Pulk was out there with Dats, he scored. He is a top 6 sniper, that is his role. I'd rather him stick with Dats and become a huge threat than see him rot on the 4th line. I have no doubt Blash will play the kids a bit differently than Babs did. But you're right, you must earn that spot, and if he struggles, then change it up. Heck, Jurco is known for his hands and scoring ability (before he got in the dog house) maybe he could it up there with Dats. He is a bigger body as well... My point is, I don't want to see Abby and Helm in the top 6 when far better offensive players belong there, and that is what makes me so excited for the coaching change, a new approach to players.

There wasn't better offensive players. Our top 6 could have been D,Z,Mule, Tatar, Nyquist, Weiss. Then Mule was injured and Weiss was injured/struggled (minus when he first came back).

Who else was going to take a spot in the top 6. Jurco flat out underperformed this year. Pulkkinen definitely didn't look like he deserved minutes with Pav. Hopefully they'll both be better next year and they might claim a higher spot.

I can almost guarantee that Abby will be with Pav, though. It's been stated many times that it's partly Pav's choice. Abby's 44 pts. in 71gp also shows that he did pretty well with it. Helm played great this past year he'll probably be on the 3rd line depending the Mule situation.

I wanna see a team like we had in the mid to late 90's...Scoring goals, and punching faces, and being at the top of the league...I can dream can't I?

Forgive my ignorance since I know little about the guy.....But what exactly has 'The Wiz' done since thumbing his nose at Detroit, and signing with the BJ's for big $$$?

I haven't heard much about him these past few years...Maybe there's a reason.

He put up 4 seasons averaging about 50 pts a season

If he was so good he'd be playing , especially with his cap hit being so high

We don't need another problem on our cap

I can pretty much promise u he's better than 4 of our starting D next year. And he'd be a whole lot better than adding David Clarkson or Ryan Clowe.

Unrelated as f***, but I have a band on George Street currently rocking out tunes for the Wings. Don't stop believing, living on a prayer, sweet Carolina, the works. Easy to do when the band is Habs fans and hates the Babcock signing :D he even went silent and let me yell SOUTH DETROIT! Into the mic. Yes, I am hammered.

He put up 4 seasons averaging about 50 pts a season

I can pretty much promise u he's better than 4 of our starting D next year. And he'd be a whole lot better than adding David Clarkson or Ryan Clowe.

I'd say he'd be just as good as clarkson or clowe

And better than kronwall? Ya ok

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Abby scored 20+ goals this season. In the 90's that would probably be akin to scoring 30. I wouldn't mind seeing him continue in the top 6 if he keeps playing like that.

As for Helm? Meh. He's a third liner, IMO. If the Wings can find a legitimate 2C (Weiss, UFA, trade), I could see Helm being expendable.

Edited by Internet.Unknown

This is very true. Blashill knows and trusts these guys, Babcock didn't. That could make a big difference. I also heard speculation that the D made so many mistakes because they were playing afraid. (Afraid of pissing off Babcock by making mistakes.) Now that Babcock is gone, I'm fine with moving out a couple of contracts to clear some space for prospects who are ready, then letting things settle themselves out over the first few months of the season.