• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sjr2012

Things you would like to see for 2015-16 Season

Rate this topic

I would like to see an old title brought back to the red wings: Head Coach - Director of Player Personnel. Which was once held by Bowman. I think Babcock has paid his dues and deserves a raise and more responsibility.

Holand morphs into - Executive Vice President and Alternate Governor of the Detroit Red Wings

Same great minds but with change moving forward, and all part of a great big red wings plan one day Develano Retires Holand moves into his position Babcock moves into the GM position and then we promote the coach in the AHL.

I think Holand has been soft and safe and picked up some wishy washy players over the years, I think Babcock as Director of Player Personnel would stop that and maybe make some hard trades, and cuts that may not be popular but would make for a better team.

Next year my wishes would be simple a team with more Babcock influence less Holland influence.

These are the players I'd like to see stay. Holland and Co. can fill in the blanks...

Abdelkader, Datsyuk, Glendening, Helm, Jurco, Miller, Nyquist, Sheahan, Tatar, Zetterberg.

DeKeyser, Kronwall, Quincey, Marchenko.

Howard, Mrazek.

We need some size and some wingers who can score goals.

No more Helm or Abby on the top lines.

Everyone wants a top pairing defenseman, but I don't see that happening. Phaneuf is an option but I think Toronto would try to keep him instead of letting him go to us.

I know on paper Phaneuf makes a fair amount of sense. I've just never liked the guy.

He's one of those players for me where my dislike is based mostly on a gut feeling and not anything rational. That he's somehow like a Jack Johnson. A talented guy who on paper should be great, but when you put him in a defense they somehow get worse (thought I think that's changed somewhat for Johnson in Columbus).

We need to grab a top 4 defenseman this off season, Green would be the dream, but Petry, Franson, or Visnovsky could work.(if he'll take a pay cut).

Mike Fisher or Joel Ward would be a good grab forward wise, doubt either is leaving their teams though. 2016 seems like a much better year forward wise in free agency. E. Staal, Kopitar, Lucic, O'Reilly, Stamkos, Kesler, Plekanec, Backes, Eriksson, Ladd, Okposo, Voracek, Ruutu, and Hudler sure deals are going to get done for most this guys, but all it takes is one.

Trading is where we'll have to make a splash, we have prospect depth, we need scoring consistency. There are too many possibilities to speculate, but I'm ok with parting with some prospects for some top 6 size and scoring, or top 4 defenseman that can move the puck.

We need to grab a top 4 defenseman this off season, Green would be the dream, but Petry, Franson, or Visnovsky could work.(if he'll take a pay cut).

Mike Fisher or Joel Ward would be a good grab forward wise, doubt either is leaving their teams though. 2016 seems like a much better year forward wise in free agency. E. Staal, Kopitar, Lucic, O'Reilly, Stamkos, Kesler, Plekanec, Backes, Eriksson, Ladd, Okposo, Voracek, Ruutu, and Hudler sure deals are going to get done for most this guys, but all it takes is one.

Trading is where we'll have to make a splash, we have prospect depth, we need scoring consistency. There are too many possibilities to speculate, but I'm ok with parting with some prospects for some top 6 size and scoring, or top 4 defenseman that can move the puck.

Haven't seen you in a while.

I hope Holland isn't around by that 2016 offseason to make a move at any of those guys.

Phaneuf is the most likely option. We almost had him at the deadline, and I don't think there's a chance in hell he's in Toronto come October.

Adding Green or Franson as well would be great.

Something like a top 6 of:

Kronner/Phaneuf (would be a beastly top 2, love the though of it)

DeKeyser/Quincey (these guys were by far our best pair in the playoffs)

Smith/???? (Franson could look great here, or just give it to Marchenko)

Adding some kind of Top 6 forward would be ideal as well. No idea who though. Trade Howard to Edmonton for Nugent-Hopkins?

The realistic thing I'd like to see is the Wings signing a decent defenseman, and Drew Stafford.

The unrealistic thing I'd like to see is the Wings trade Gustav Nyquist for Ryan O'Reilly.

Umm not high on stafford ... No problem with o reilly the player but his 6 million salary is ridiculous

and gets paid $3 million more per year.

Phaneuf will not get traded to any team unless leafs eat at least in the ballpark of 2 mill per

I was thinking the exact same thing.Players I wouldn't mind Holland looking at:

Carl Soderberg

Joel Ward

Mike Green

Colton Orr :ninja:

Soderberg's game has dropped though ... I remember McGuire on the radio saying he couldn't believe how he thought hed take his game to the next level to helped bruins overcome losing iginla and he just hasn't. Produced

Kindl gone and Wayne Simmonds in the top 6?

I wish

It'll take a lot more than kindl to land simmonds

On a sidenote .. If we trade weiss the only option I can see in return for getting rid of him is Phaneuf

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

So he's like Ericsson except he can actually shoot?

And hit, and block shots, and fight.

On a sidenote .. If we trade weiss the only option I can see in return for getting rid of him is Phaneuf

I'd take that deal straight up.