• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sjr2012

Things you would like to see for 2015-16 Season

Rate this topic

I don't get why you would think that Glendening would "follow Babs"... He's under contract with the Detroit Red Wings. He can't just decide to pack up his gear and move to Toronto, nor would he even if he could. There has been a lot of joking about trading Glendening to Toronto for Kessel or a 1st round pick or whatever because of how much Babcock loves him but he isn't going anywhere. I'm sure Holland and Blashill appreciate Glendening's game just as much as Babcock. He's here to stay and for good reason, he's a great 4th line shut down center.

I don't get why you would think that Glendening would "follow Babs"... He's under contract with the Detroit Red Wings. He can't just decide to pack up his gear and move to Toronto, nor would he even if he could. There has been a lot of joking about trading Glendening to Toronto for Kessel or a 1st round pick or whatever because of how much Babcock loves him but he isn't going anywhere. I'm sure Holland and Blashill appreciate Glendening's game just as much as Babcock. He's here to stay and for good reason, he's a great 4th line shut down center.

This all day.

Glendenning should be part of the Wings' future. His absence for five minutes of the playoffs turned the entire series around.

Hey everyone, I would like to see a few things up that should of have happened the season before this one. 1) Get rid of Holland or demote him to a position in the organization where he has no input on signing, advising, or can even make a freaking suggestion about a player!. 2) Do whatever to send Weiss on his way and get rid of that ridiculous contract he has if we can't get rid of him and shed the full contract do something to at least shed off at the worst case half of it. 3) Sign a right handed defense-men who can make a impact, gritty up in your face and can hang with opposing teams top guys. 4) Trade Jimmy asap! dude sucks and is not anywhere near " Starting Goalie " status. Let the young gun Mrazek take over and make him the official #1 net minder. I am at the point after this most recent first round exit to say screw making the playoffs every year just so we can say we have the longest active streak of playoff appearances in north american sports. Last time i check the point of playing the game was to win the cup, not keep making the playoffs every year just to get knocked out in the first round! It's time for a big shake up in Hockeytown like it or not. The time is now!! I wanna see my Wings hoisting cups again!

Hey everyone, I would like to see a few things up that should of have happened the season before this one. 1) Get rid of Holland or demote him to a position in the organization where he has no input on signing, advising, or can even make a freaking suggestion about a player!. 2) Do whatever to send Weiss on his way and get rid of that ridiculous contract he has if we can't get rid of him and shed the full contract do something to at least shed off at the worst case half of it. 3) Sign a right handed defense-men who can make a impact, gritty up in your face and can hang with opposing teams top guys. 4) Trade Jimmy asap! dude sucks and is not anywhere near " Starting Goalie " status. Let the young gun Mrazek take over and make him the official #1 net minder. I am at the point after this most recent first round exit to say screw making the playoffs every year just so we can say we have the longest active streak of playoff appearances in north american sports. Last time i check the point of playing the game was to win the cup, not keep making the playoffs every year just to get knocked out in the first round! It's time for a big shake up in Hockeytown like it or not. The time is now!! I wanna see my Wings hoisting cups again!

You lost me at #1.

It’s expected that Dan Cleary will retire and get a front-office job with the Red Wings after being a “rotating in” player in practice line rushes last year. He’s in same boat as former teammate Kirk Maltby, who thought he might get an offer from somebody else but didn’t and retired, and now is a pro scout in Detroit.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/edmonton-oilers/Hockey+World+Short+shifts+There+should/11090992/story.html

I want to see Sheahan center our 2nd line through most of the season and Pulkinnen and Jurco scoring. Also would love to see Franzen come back and play. Trade Weiss for anything or even Helm if we can get a return. Would like a shake up on defense one way or another

Edited by joesuffpaulson

It’s expected that Dan Cleary will retire and get a front-office job with the Red Wings after being a “rotating in” player in practice line rushes last year. He’s in same boat as former teammate Kirk Maltby, who thought he might get an offer from somebody else but didn’t and retired, and now is a pro scout in Detroit.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/edmonton-oilers/Hockey+World+Short+shifts+There+should/11090992/story.html

Sounds great. Love it. Go Dan Cleary! Yayyyy!

Saw this mentioned by Elliott Friedman

5. Hearing Detroit is looking for a defenceman who can take some of the physical responsibility from Niklas Kronwall. While the Red Wings like their prospects, they see too many similarities to what is already there. Wanted: someone with a bit of mean.

Could be helped by drafting meloche and others this draft

1. Teams looking for defence are also eyeing the Kings AHL franchise, Manchester. The Monarchs won the Calder Cup on Saturday with a 2-1 Game 5 victory over Utica. Colin Miller is ready to play in the NHL now, said one NHL exec. Miller, 21, a fifth-rounder in 2012, was third in regular-season scoring for Manchester with 19 goals and 52 points in 70 games. He had 10 points in 19 playoff games. The other is 22-year-old Derek Forbort, taken 15th overall in 2010. There have been mixed reviews in the past, but he impressed in this run. Is it Los Angeles for Miller and Forbort, or somewhere else?

Don't know much about these 2 but maybe one can be had who could help us out and wouldn't cost us a fortune? Forbort is 6'4 but the other guys is more productive offensively

Maybe something worth looking at ?

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

I've been high on Miller for a while, and would love to get him in Detroit, but I doubt he's going anywhere. I watched him a fair bit in junior when he was Sproul's teammate in Sault Ste. Marie. I remember hoping that we would draft him the following year, but unfortunately he was grabbed by L.A. He's a very good offensive defenseman, with a cannon of a shot. He won the hardest shot competition in the AHL All-Star Game with a 105.5MPH shot. I'd give up a fair amount for this kid...

Why would they move either?

Yeah, with Voynov's availability still up in the air and assuming that LA is going to move on from Sekera...

It's quite possible one of those two guys is probably going to rotate in next year. They're so young on D... and I think they're going to continue this trend. Greene is their oldest at 32. I think the only way they're going to move a younger D-man is if they have to create a package to move Mike Richards.

As far as what I would like to see for next year on D. (Cue beating dead horse .gif)

Trade Kindl. Re-sign Smith.

Your D-Corps are:

Kronwall

Ericsson

DeKeyser

Quincey

Smith

Marchenko

Ouellet

Go after both Franson and Green to land one or the other. I'm not terribly picky at this point.

I just want a point producing RH D-man that's younger than 30.

I'm not afraid of term nor dollars because we can afford both.

You've still got waiver exemption status with both Marchenko and Ouellet, SO USE IT.

Unless these guys WOW! to an unbelievable level at training camp, start one of them in GR.

Use the other for injury call-ups.

I know it isn't Holland's M.O. but I think you've got to explore trade options for Smith before the season starts.

If a trade isn't in the cards you've got to put Smith in a position to succeed.

(Sheltered minutes, power-play time, pair him with Kronwall on the top line -- whatever it takes to either give the kid some confidence and/or to showcase him for a possible deadline trade.)

This is his make or break year. If he can put it all together this year -- great! If not... it's time to move on.

I have no idea what it would cost to get Miller but I'd offer something along the lines of Ouellet and Nastasiuk... Probably not enough but that's where I'd start...

I'd personally like to keep ouellet, especially since we need help at the back end and he along with marchenko are the highest rated at the moment

I Was thinking a 2nd rounder + a prospect ... But like you I got no idea what it would cost

haven't heard of the guy till i saw the article

Well we don't have a 2nd this year, so depending on what prospect you're willing to give up, I don't see our 2016 2nd and a low end prospect being enough. In my opinion, Miller is better than any defense prospect we have in the system right now, so we'd have to give up Ouellet / Marchenko as well as another asset. I'd be reluctant to give up Sproul, despite his recent struggles, because I do still believe he has the highest ceiling. I think Ouellet and Nastasiuk is fair value, but I'm still not sure LA would be interested in that trade.