• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Players who might be available due to teams cap issues

Rate this topic

None of us know what is going to happen. But what would you do if he doesn't want to resign? keep him 1 more year and have him walk for nothing, or move him for more assets? never an easy choice. Then there is the cap side. Yes he is great, but what does 10+ million do to your roster?

Obviously if he doesn't want to stay you trade him for big assets, but you also sign him that last year and then trade him, if possible. Either way, it's a big cap hit, if I was stamkos, I'd ask for $8.5/year so I could be on a cup contender still

None of us know what is going to happen. But what would you do if he doesn't want to resign? keep him 1 more year and have him walk for nothing, or move him for more assets? never an easy choice. Then there is the cap side. Yes he is great, but what does 10+ million do to your roster?

The best move would be to have a good chat with him the summer before the final year of his contract and see where his head is at. If he wants more than you can pay, start shopping him. As great as Stamkos is, the depth/picks/prospects the team could get for him would still keep that team realgud for a very long time. 10.5 mil eats up a lot of cap. Comes down to whether you want that 10.5 superstar, or a couple realgud players that give the team more depth. Either way, what to do with Stamkos is a pretty good problem for a team to have. Especially if part of a trade is agreeing on a long term deal to the team being traded to.

If Stamkos is asking for 10,5 that's much less than I've expected him to ask I'd be asking for 8 x 12,5. Only Crosby is better than him, Toews could be argued but other than that the guy for sure is in the top 3 . Tampa is going to re-sign him, that's not even a discussion. Stamkos also adds a lot of merchandise $ to the team.

Since none of us know what Stamkos wants, all anyone can do is speculate, which is what everyone is doing. It will continue until he signs and extention or is traded, very simple. To say player X will not be moved, is nothing more than an opinion. If Gretzky can be moved, anyone can be. Once TB is out of the PO's, things will get serious.

Since none of us know what Stamkos wants, all anyone can do is speculate, which is what everyone is doing. It will continue until he signs and extention or is traded, very simple. To say player X will not be moved, is nothing more than an opinion. If Gretzky can be moved, anyone can be. Once TB is out of the PO's, things will get serious.

It may be an opinion but it's also based on facts. Gretzky got moved for a lot more than just players...

Team to keep an eye on is the Blues. Rumors are starting to be posting about some "major adjustments" coming this off season in STL. They do have several players I would love to see here. How about Backus as Datsyuks RW? Think about it. a 6-3/225 RHed shooting RW that can skate, bang, and score. He is 31, has 1 year left on his contract, scores 25-30 goals every year, and has never played fewer than 72 games since he became a full time NHLer other than the lockout year. 4.5 million cap hit. He is the player everyone wished Franzen was!

Today on Spectors Rumors, lebrun is quoted saying: "The Blues are open to moving backus, oshie, and/or Berglund". Something I mentioned over a month ago and everyone said never happens...... Now do they move all of them? No. but anyone of them could be moved. In the right deal of course.....

Today on Spectors Rumors, lebrun is quoted saying: "The Blues are open to moving backus, oshie, and/or Berglund". Something I mentioned over a month ago and everyone said never happens...... Now do they move all of them? No. but anyone of them could be moved. In the right deal of course.....

I said that 2 months ago

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrianHedger/status/611891625355276288

Patrick sharp supposedly will be traded next week.

Hmm...I want.

They'll need an Oduya replacement. Wonder if they'd be interested in Smith+?

I could see him going to Montreal, though. They need offence and are looking to win now.

I don't see it unless we move Weiss.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Hmm...I want.

They'll need an Oduya replacement. Wonder if they'd be interested in Smith+?

I could see him going to Montreal, though. They need offence and are looking to win now.

I don't see it unless we move Weiss.

He's a third line winger now, granted one that can put up 20 goals, but like you said, with weiss theres no way, plus with the logjam we already have at forward, his age, and what it would cost to get him I don't think he's worth it.

I have a feeling wed have to send them a decent defenseman, and a decent young forward...

Both cost controlled, along with a decent pick.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

He's a third line winger now, granted one that can put up 20 goals, but like you said, with weiss theres no way, plus with the logjam we already have at forward, his age, and what it would cost to get him I don't think he's worth it.

I have a feeling wed have to send them a decent defenseman, and a decent young forward...

Both cost controlled, along with a decent pick.

Yeah I see that. Our targets should be Defencemen, anyway.

Cheap, I want him, but that's pretty unlikely. We do have Pulkinen, Jurco, etc for the 3rd line wingers. Go with youth unless the high level players are available.

Yeah I see that. Our targets should be Defencemen, anyway.

Cheap, I want him, but that's pretty unlikely. We do have Pulkinen, Jurco, etc for the 3rd line wingers. Go with youth unless the high level players are available.

For Sureee.

He'll probably end up in the top six wherever he ends up, and our luck he'll end up scoring thirty goals the next few years when we could've had him for a decent price now.

Ha.