• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Players who might be available due to teams cap issues

Rate this topic

Semin also had a reputation as being lazy with the Caps, and he's been great since leaving. Not saying that Lucic can follow the same path. I'm not even say that I want him on the Wings. I'm just saying.

Semin has been so bad that Carolina was thinking of buying him out.

Chicago are going to be completely boned by the salary cap. I hate them with every ounce of my being, but if we could swing a deal for Seabrook, I'd be on board. Who knows what "Never Gonna Be As Good As Scotty" Stan Bowman would ask for though.

Chicago are going to be completely boned by the salary cap. I hate them with every ounce of my being, but if we could swing a deal for Seabrook, I'd be on board. Who knows what "Never Gonna Be As Good As Scotty" Stan Bowman would ask for though.

We've been hearing about Chicago's cap problems for years, and they keep finding ways to wiggle out of the mess without trading top players(sly f***s). I just don't see them trading anyone of real value to clear cap space. Especially to Detroit.

Screw Lucic, I dont want him. I would rather lose then have him on our team. He just comes across like a bad guy. I would love to have a guy with grit on our team, but not him.

Not to mention, IMO the guy is not as tough as he makes himself out to be. Anytime I have seen him play (which I admit is not much) he goes after guys weaker then him.

Screw Lucic, I dont want him. I would rather lose then have him on our team. He just comes across like a bad guy. I would love to have a guy with grit on our team, but not him.

Not to mention, IMO the guy is not as tough as he makes himself out to be. Anytime I have seen him play (which I admit is not much) he goes after guys weaker then him.

We need a bad guy.

letmetellyathisguyrighthere.jpg

Some people would rather have another 180 lbs soft player instead of a 27 old power forward who is also tough as nails

Some people don't understand that toughness without skill is useless now. Also, Lucic hasn't been the tough guy he was before he got the big contract, he's basically Matt Cooke with a $6 mil cap hit

Ulf Samuelsson?

Chris Chelios?

IMHO - these 2 players have a much larger ******-bag factor than what Lucic currently has.

Yeah I thought both those guys were s***bags too. I almost had a stroke when we signed Cheli...

Doesn't negate the fact that I wouldn't even want us to touch Lucic's toxic ass with Gary Bettman's dick.

In a galaxy far far away a man named Kenny Holland found his balls on the shelf.....Once blowing the dust off - he found the courage to swing a trade for 1 Brendan Shanahan.....May the force be with you.

Shanahan also was an A that brought in about forty goals a season.

There is a difference between a tough power forward and just a plain idiot. Shanahan was the former. Lucic is the latter.

Team to keep an eye on is the Blues. Rumors are starting to be posting about some "major adjustments" coming this off season in STL. They do have several players I would love to see here. How about Backus as Datsyuks RW? Think about it. a 6-3/225 RHed shooting RW that can skate, bang, and score. He is 31, has 1 year left on his contract, scores 25-30 goals every year, and has never played fewer than 72 games since he became a full time NHLer other than the lockout year. 4.5 million cap hit. He is the player everyone wished Franzen was!

Team to keep an eye on is the Blues. Rumors are starting to be posting about some "major adjustments" coming this off season in STL. They do have several players I would love to see here. How about Backus as Datsyuks RW? Think about it. a 6-3/225 RHed shooting RW that can skate, bang, and score. He is 31, has 1 year left on his contract, scores 25-30 goals every year, and has never played fewer than 72 games since he became a full time NHLer other than the lockout year. 4.5 million cap hit. He is the player everyone wished Franzen was!

Keep dreaming. Backes is never going anywhere. The main Blues rumored to be on the block at the trade deadline were Oshie and Berglund. Not really sure if either of them help us all that much, but that's what they were dangling back then. Of the two, I suspect Berglund is the more likely to be moved considering he's a center and reports are that Vladimir Sobotka is looking to return to the NHL next season and would occupy that same position for St. Louis.

Keep dreaming. Backes is never going anywhere. The main Blues rumored to be on the block at the trade deadline were Oshie and Berglund. Not really sure if either of them help us all that much, but that's what they were dangling back then. Of the two, I suspect Berglund is the more likely to be moved considering he's a center and reports are that Vladimir Sobotka is looking to return to the NHL next season and would occupy that same position for St. Louis.

There are reasons why these things are called "rumors". Fact is the Blues are cap tight and they seem to think they need a roster shake up. A guy like Backus who they will not have room to resign becomes possible trade it. One of many on the team.

There are reasons why these things are called "rumors". Fact is the Blues are cap tight and they seem to think they need a roster shake up. A guy like Backus who they will not have room to resign becomes possible trade it. One of many on the team.

They've publicly stated their not making a deal that makes them worse. So who exactly are you giving up for Backes that's going to make them better now?

They've publicly stated their not making a deal that makes them worse. So who exactly are you giving up for Backes that's going to make them better now?

Public GM comments to keep the fans interested. Nothing more. They want to get better. Ok. What is better? Who are they going to get that is better than (pick your expensive vet) that is also cheaper? No one of course. The goal is to be a better team. That means you make moves, as in plural. maybe a Dman for a F or a F for a Dman. These things happen all of the time. Once they make their moves, whatever they end up being, most of us will be surprised at the moves-like we always are......