• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Players who might be available due to teams cap issues

Rate this topic

Yandle is a ufa in one year and if he was that great in ny they wouldn't be willing to get rid of him right away

No interest giving up mantha,1st + for one season

They already have a pretty good group of d men though.. just because he wasn't a fit there doesn't mean he isn't that great.

That said, I wouldn't want to give up mantha, 1st, + for a guy with one year on contract either unless there were a guarantee he'd re-sign long term. Which, obviously, is far from guaranteed.

Hawks want a 1st + a top prospect + a top six forward on an entry level contract.

If any GM gifts them this I will make it my personal mission to hunt them down and kick them in the Ballz.

No NHL club should be doing the Hawks any favours at all.

So, a pitchfork wielding mob you say? Where's the sign-up sheet?

Hawks want a 1st + a top prospect + a top six forward on an entry level contract.

If any GM gifts them this I will make it my personal mission to hunt them down and kick them in the Ballz.

No NHL club should be doing the Hawks any favours at all.

For Sharp? They wouldn't get that even if he hadn't sucked this year.

Bickell will be a salary dump. Kindl makes too much money. Andersson is worthless.

That should tell you how realistic I think it would be that we'd actually acquire Bickell.

I would love to add Seabrook, but I just dont see that happening. I cant see Chicago getting rid of Toews, Kane, Seabrook, or Keith until there run is over, or unless one of them all of a sudden demands a trade (ie. Martin St. Louis).

Edited by kliq

Chicago is not going to trade Seabrook because that guy is a huge reason why Keith can do what he does all the time, jump in on the offense and score. When I'm thinking of Keith, Seabrook I'm thinking of a marginal lesser top pairing than what Weber/Suter were a few years ago.

Hawks will move a lot of players before Seabrook I think after Toews, Kane and Keith he is by far their most valuable player.

A few years ago the Wings had the chance to offer-sheet Pietrangelo with a Weberlike contract (before the new CBA) but didn't something I still can't understand till today. Sure Franson will cash in and I can see teams like Dallas, Calgary lining up with trucks of money for his services, maybe even Boychuck like :(

Chicago is not going to trade Seabrook because that guy is a huge reason why Keith can do what he does all the time, jump in on the offense and score. When I'm thinking of Keith, Seabrook I'm thinking of a marginal lesser top pairing than what Weber/Suter were a few years ago.

Hawks will move a lot of players before Seabrook I think after Toews, Kane and Keith he is by far their most valuable player.

A few years ago the Wings had the chance to offer-sheet Pietrangelo with a Weberlike contract (before the new CBA) but didn't something I still can't understand till today. Sure Franson will cash in and I can see teams like Dallas, Calgary lining up with trucks of money for his services, maybe even Boychuck like :(

Because the Blues would have matched.

I agree that the Hawks probably won't move either of their top 2 D.

Canucks are tight against the cap and might move Bieksa or Hamhuis. I think both only have a year left on their contracts.

Bieksa is due for a good year... Hamhuis is more of a stay at home guy. Neither of these guys really interest me.

Chicago are going to be completely boned by the salary cap. I hate them with every ounce of my being, but if we could swing a deal for Seabrook, I'd be on board. Who knows what "Never Gonna Be As Good As Scotty" Stan Bowman would ask for though.

Out of all the guys mentioned in this discussion, Seabrook is the only one I'd be interested in.

Luckily Tampa will have a little bit of time before having to make that decision... also, we'll see if Stamkos is willing to take a discount to stay.

doubt it, but I think he will be resigned they just have to trade Flip or one of their dman

Paul Martin? No thanks... Johnny Oduya? No thanks... Christian Ehrhoff? Maybe, if Franson and Green are both gone, but even then I'd probably rather go with one of the kids...

To be honest, I think I'd rather pick Jamie McBain over any of those 3 guys...

Paul Martin? No thanks... Johnny Oduya? No thanks... Christian Ehrhoff? Maybe, if Franson and Green are both gone, but even then I'd probably rather go with one of the kids...

To be honest, I think I'd rather pick Jamie McBain over any of those 3 guys...

I agree. I feel that because we do need an upgrade at D, people are just mentioning anyone who's available.

I agree. I feel that because we do need an upgrade at D, people are just mentioning anyone who's available.

Discussing ALL available players isn't *so* horrible, I mean... we all know about who we want first and foremost, but there's no harm in discussing players that might be slightly off the radar. It is a discussion board after all.

I mean, McBain just got thrown on the pile.

EDIT: More on McBain. What happened to him? A couple of decent years with Carolina. Traded to Buffalo for Sekara. Not qualified by Buffalo. PTO w/ ARI. Signed to the KHL. Signed w/ Kings.

krsmith?? care to enlighten if you know?

Not that I'm very much interested in any of Philly's d-men, but I wonder what they're going to do with the plethora of d-men they have. On top of the eight d-men they have signed (including Pronger it's 9) They've also got Del Zotto who put together a half-way decent year for the Flyers, as an RFA that they may want to re-sign.

Streit

MacDonald

Grossman

Schultz

Schenn

Gudas

Manning

Medvedev

Edited by e_prime