• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Babcock granted permission to talk to other teams

Rate this topic

So as of now Babs two best options are Buffalo and Toronto?

That

is

sad.

Well commentators say Philly and San Jose are options but really, their management is a joke. They're no closer than the Wings to a Cup. But regardless, sad choices.

According to some, 29 other teams would be willing to take Babs on and even fire their existing coach if necessary. More and more are not drinking the Babcock koolaid. If this story is true about McLellan in Edmonton, I'm kind of tickled that Oilers didn't even ask permission to talk to Babs :tounge::tounge: .

If this story is true about McLellan in Edmonton, I'm kind of tickled that Oilers didn't even ask permission to talk to Babs :tounge::tounge: .

Who knows, but if it is true, sort of a slap to babs face. Not even considered? Damn. We'll see if its true I guess.

Edited by kickazz

If this story is true about McLellan in Edmonton, I'm kind of tickled that Oilers didn't even ask permission to talk to Babs :tounge::tounge: .

Who knows, but if it is true, sort of a slap to babs face. Not even considered? Damn. We'll see if its true I guess.

I saw something a few days ago that McLellan was more of a sure thing to take the job, would be a lot cheaper, and as a Babcock assistant he has a similar system on-ice.

I saw something a few days ago that McLellan was more of a sure thing to take the job, would be a lot cheaper, and as a Babcock assistant he has a similar system on-ice.

Yeah if it is true, IMO then Edmonton played it smart. Less attention/drama with the media with having McLellan rather than Babs and McLellan has the Stanley cup experience and worked with Babs quiet a while. Cheaper too.

Edited by kickazz

I object, you bastard.

I'm with you bud. Us folks down this way are pretty much cordial to all yankees, regular ones and damn ones

Regulars come down, visit, and go home; damn yankees come down and stay :lol:

in ref to :

jimmyemeryhunter, on 13 May 2015 - 2:20 PM, said:snapback.png

Just don't go too far south.

People are a lot angrier than the hospitality suggests.

Ha

On defense, for some reason.

McLellan seems to have made a good impression on Hall and Eberle at Worlds. They interviewed him there. Babs is there too. He could have said of the record he wasn't interested. Who knows.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/05/08/terry-jones-taylor-hall-and-jordan-eberle-sing-praise-for-todd-mclellan

The close to done McLellan signing is not a slap in his face why would it be ? Todd was the first guy Chiarelli and Nichelson reached out to because well he was the first major coach available. At that time Babs hasn't been aviable simple as that.

Buffalo, St. Louis, maybe Anaheim and Pittsburgh - if Super Mario gets involved - are great opportunities for him too. Think about it, Babcock will have the opportunity to coach some superstars or a young team with an upcoming phenom in Eichel not bad not bad.

Did anyone read the ESPN article about the key to Babcock's decision being Dylan Larkin? Its an ESPN insider article, so I couldnt read it.

Don't worry about it too much. I'm pretty positive ESPN doesn't have the inside track on Mike Babcock.

Did anyone read the ESPN article about the key to Babcock's decision being Dylan Larkin? Its an ESPN insider article, so I couldnt read it.

Here is an equivalent and I think you'll get the gist of Babcock's interest in Dylan Larkin

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Michael-Pachla/Jack-Eichel-and-Dylan-Larkin-crank-it-up-for-Team-USA-and-Mike-Babcock/209/68600

Here is an equivalent and I think you'll get the gist of Babcock's interest in Dylan Larkin

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Michael-Pachla/Jack-Eichel-and-Dylan-Larkin-crank-it-up-for-Team-USA-and-Mike-Babcock/209/68600

I still can't believe Babcock said we've been winning to much. He's been part of the winning! Then he's wondering who's going to replace Datsyuk. Why was he coaching to win then? And then he says it was a struggle to make the playoffs. I don't think we would have got much better prospects then Mantha and Larkin if we missed the playoffs.

I'm at the point we're I'd be disappointed if Babcock came back. I want Blashill coaching this team next year.

But I only bring this up to say that if Babs' criticism of our center depth is accurate, I don't think it would take too much to rectify. I think he's got two legitimate top six center prospects in AA and Larkin, and the team has enough trade assets to land the best young center available via the trade market. Sure it would cost you Nyquist, but he's a ***** anyway so who really cares?

I think they were motivated to make a lot of those moves because they already had Lundqvist, and had drafted REALLY well on the back end. Seems like they figured that with a really solid defense, and a stud goalie, the time was now to compete.

But I only bring this up to say that if Babs' criticism of our center depth is accurate, I don't think it would take too much to rectify. I think he's got two legitimate top six center prospects in AA and Larkin, and the team has enough trade assets to land the best young center available via the trade market. Sure it would cost you Nyquist, but he's a ***** anyway so who really cares?

Well they got Boyle and stlouis who's days are numbered , the king is what 32 now? So rangers are basically going for it all while the windows still open

As for Babcock if he cant see the great talent the redwings have coming up then f*** him ... Guarantee you he's gonna cry and regret leaving a few yrs down the road ... No way sabres contend anytime soon , same with the oilers or leafs ... Flyers? Few good pieces but no stud goalie or a good enough team to win it all if you ask me ... Maybe if they kick out quenneville or Boudreau to make room for him, he could win a cup?

Anyways I think Blashill could do well in detroit , rookie coach sure but he knows all the kids we got and whos coming up and how to push there buttons

Redwings have a ton of guys with upside in our prospect pool, can't recall ever seeing it being this good and the fact that our ahl team could win the Calder yet again is proof

Babs can't see it ... Adios

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

To me the knock on Babcock is 1. He's never won the Jack Adams, and 2. He inherited a team that had Lidstrom, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg.

if he goes to a team like Buffalo he can prove that he turns players into winners (if he wins). And would probably win the jack Adams if he got that team to win sonner rather than later.

However his predecessor, Scotty Bowman, would probably scream WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T GO TO BUFFALO