• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DickieDunn

Kronwall

Rate this topic

Reason I didn't just use Corsi and fenwick is because the offensive components seem too high or maybe I don't understand them exactly. That is why the article I posted earlier has a bit of opinion thrown in but takes into account your ability to shutdown opposition.

Edited by Rhah

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Kronwall Ready for Next Season

Looks like he'll play out the contract and spend next year mentoring the kids. Perhaps this is one of the reasons motivating Holland to avoid FA and bring up more kids next year?

I'd rather that then us sign a UFA to a multi year deal.

As of right now our D going into next year is:

DD, Daley, Ericsson, Kronwall, Jensen, XO, Hicketts

Cholowski and Hronek are absolute long shots. I'm looking at 19-20 for them.

That leaves potentially one spot open if you play Wit at F, and carry 8 D.

We'll know before free agency starts if we have Dahlin. If so, he's your 8th D. No more additions.

If we don't get Dahlin, but draft another D, you're looking at 1-2 years before they make the roster. This is where I consider signing Mike Green to a 2 year deal.

2018-19 D Roster: DD-Green, TD-E, Kronner-Hicketts, XO-Jensen

Kronwall, Jensen and XO are gone after next season. Bring up Hronek and Cholowski.

Ericsson, Daley, and Green would be up after 19-20. Bring up Saarajarvi, '18 D pick, and another D (Lindstrom, Sambrook)?

2020-21 D Roster: Cholowski-Hronek, DD-2018 D pick, ?-Saarajarvi, Hicketts (if resigned as RFA)

I think the best thing to do, whether we get Dahlin or not, is to trade XO.  He obviously does not make the Dean's (Bashill) list when it comes to his preference of players.

W/Dahlin (in no particular order)

Dahlin - Kronwall

Daley - Jensen

DD - Ericsson

Hicketts

w/o Dahlin (re-signing Green)

DD - Green

Daley - Jensen

Ericsson - Krownall

Hicketts

I like the idea of having Wit to play D or O, he can be the 12th/13th FWD and 8th D on an emergency basis.

Like I said before though, we KNOW that Kronner, E, Daley and DD aren't going anywhere. If we draft one of the other D (Bouchard/Hughes/Boqvist/Dobson) I would give him and Cholowski ALL the opportunity to make the club by playing in all the pre-season games competing for a job against Jensen, XO (if not traded) Hicketts and whomever else. I don't think its a bad thing if our D consists of:

Daley - Kronwall

DD - Hughes/Bouchard/Boqvist/Dobson

Cholo/Hicketts - Ericsson

Its is not a bad thing to have your top 6 drafted player playing on your team in the 1st year. It won't hurt.

Translated Kronwall Article

after an ice skating session in Huddinge, says that his body feels “right okay.”

“It feels almost better than last summer. And the summer before. It’s more that small issues that pop up instead. But the stuff I’ve been cheating on in the past has felt quite well.”
Among other things, Niklas Kronwall has had big problems with one of his knees.

“It’s nice to not be hurt. That’s a positive. It’s just damn annoying in the morning with the other stuff. It’s as it should be. You get older. It belongs to age.”

Last summer, he radically changed his preseason training.

“There was less lifting and less weight overall. A little more work in the pool and so on, a little more gentle for the body and leading. Last year, indeed, it felt pretty good.”

"When I was lucky, I played and felt better than I did before, so I’ve really ran the same program as last year, and again, it’s felt okay compared with previous years.”

But he admits that he’s thought that it might be his last year as a hockey player.

“There’s definitely that risk to it. Especially when you get over 30, and you don’t have a contract any more. It’s tougher to get a contract today. Everything is trending much younger, faster and stronger, and the whole thing, so it’s only natural that it may happen. Absolutely so.”

Niklas Kronwall has been forced to change the style of his game in recent years, and he doesn’t lay the boom on opponents on the ice any more. But not because he’s grown nicer… “I think it’s more because I’m slower, ha ha. I can’t get there any more,” he says.

Kronwall has received some criticism for some of the hits he’s laid over the years.

“Some of the hits would definitely have been a suspension today Those who know the best are those I think would have worked today.”

But the 37-year-old Kronwall states: “I’m a little too slow. You see the situation, but you don’t get to the spot.”

Is it frustrating?

“Yes, but it took some time to get used to it, actually. It was damn tough. At least two years ago, that’s when it started. I wrestled a bit with myself. ‘What a fan I can be.’ But there are other ways of playing, too, not only in terms of the physical side but also in the game overall. It’s something you get to learn, to accept what it is, and try to position yourself in another way. I thought I felt better last season as it was. It’s something you can learn and in that way it’s exciting.”