• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCF : (3) Chicago Blackhawks vs. (1) Anaheim Ducks

Rate this topic

I like the Ducks to win tonight. Hawks take game 6. Ducks win game 7. Hawks top 4 dmen have to be wearing down with the 5 overtimes. It's been a great series to watch. The Hawks resiliency reminds me of the Wings during their Cup runs.

The thing about this series is, of all the games I've watched (games 1, 2 and 4) I think the Ducks were more derserving of the win (Game 4 being a possible exception but 1 and 2 for sure).

The Hawks are super lucky with have a split series right now, and I just wonder if that is affecting the Ducks at all.

I think the hawks 2 wins may gave helped the Ducks win the series. A break here or there and the Ducks could have swept the series. I think Boudreau has to be telling his team "hey look how hard it's been for them to beat us". I think it's a case of the Hawks winning a couple of battles but the Ducks are winning the war. I recall back in 2002,when the Wings were playing the Avs in the conference final. The Avs were up 3 games to 2 but were going with 2 lines and 3 d basically. They ran out of gas and the Wings won in 7 which included the infamous game 7 7-0 blow out. I see the hawks top 4 d suffering the same fate in this series.

Hawks are kings of puck luck. Kronwall's skate? Phantom slashes to hands giving automatic penalty shot?

Winning four straight long OT games is not luck. Just like it wasn't bad luck that the Wings used to always lose these games. This team knows how to win together in tight moments.

Winning four straight long OT games is not luck. Just like it wasn't bad luck that the Wings used to always lose these games. This team knows how to win together in tight moments.

shrug.

That argument doesn't change my biased brain. 4 long OT wins in a row sudden death just reinforces the luck to me.

Ducks will blow it..... Again

Let's be real here, if the ducks were half the team they were in the regular season this series would be over

Ducks will blow it..... Again

Let's be real here, if the ducks were half the team they were in the regular season this series would be over

In the regular season, they didn't play against Chicago every game. Harder to dominate when you play a tough team and play them over and over, where they can learn your tendencies. Plus, Chicago is a proven team in this type of situation.

And we all know the regular season doesn't matter. Otherwise, the Wings would have won four or five Cups during the 2000's.

Edited by GMRwings1983