• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCF : (3) Chicago Blackhawks vs. (1) Anaheim Ducks

Rate this topic

Honestly feels like the Hawks just have the favor of the hockey gods this year. How many bounces have gone their way? How many close officiating calls? The first two 2+OT games they won they were being outplayed throughout the extra periods and just got the good bounce first. Even the games that the Ducks have won the Hawks have gotten some absurd breaks and timely goals.

I really hope Anaheim shows up this weekend because it really feels like they're going to need their best play yet to finish off this Hawks team.

I realize that there's all sorts of residual hate from the rivalry (or what was left of it), but I really don't understand hating the Blackhawks and wanting teams in our conference (and particularly our division) to win. Firstly, because f*** anybody else in our division. But secondly, because the Hawks play (and win) EXACTLY like we used to. They're the Red Wings. If anybody should be able to appreciate just how good they are at what they do, it's us. If you'd just thrown Red Wings sweaters on the Hawks last night, it could have easily been confused for the 2009 conference semis.

Maybe that's the reason why, now that I think about it.

I realize that there's all sorts of residual hate from the rivalry (or what was left of it), but I really don't understand hating the Blackhawks and wanting teams in our conference (and particularly our division) to win. Firstly, because f*** anybody else in our division. But secondly, because the Hawks play (and win) EXACTLY like we used to. They're the Red Wings. If anybody should be able to appreciate just how good they are at what they do, it's us. If you'd just thrown Red Wings sweaters on the Hawks last night, it could have easily been confused for the 2009 conference semis.

For me it's basically a decades old hate for the Blackhawks. It's in my DNA at this point.

And for a slightly more rational reason, the more Cups the Blackhawks win the more they move towards dynasty status and overshadow what the Wings had accomplished.

A couple more reasons not to want the Blackhawks to win:

1) Because of the joy it would bring Eddie "subtle interference" Olczyk. I always picture him sitting in the booth wearing his Hawks jersey.

2) Not wanting to see Duncan "I'll carve you up" Keith lift the Cup again. One of the dirtier star players in the league.

And don't get me wrong, I'd want the Ducks to lose in the finals.

My brain still tells me to hate the blackhawks, but its mostly for reasons that no longer exist.

I mean I hate a few of their players, but I can say that for just about every team in the league.

There was such a long period of time, basically all my life, where its been engrained in my soul to effin hate them.

HATE. Them.

which I'm trying my damndest to get out of my head, simply for the reasons you mentioned.

Its just so hard man.

I dont have the ability to clear my opinions of them that fast, kudos to you for being able to.

Aside from them not being in our division, conference, whatever, I want to be able to put that hatred towards another team.

Chicago was my de facto hatred after the Colorado rivalry ended, and now I'm trying to shift it towards another item in our division...

Boston is a good choice, but chances are they're gonna fall off now anyways, so I'm trying to build up animosity toward Tampa and montreal(mostly Tampa) but even after our series against em, is kinda hard to do.

For me it's basically a decades old hate for the Blackhawks. It's in my DNA at this point.

And for a slightly more rational reason, the more Cups the Blackhawks win the more they move towards dynasty status and overshadow what the Wings had accomplished.

Another thing I'm having difficulty with, but honestly, this whole realignment screwed me up with the whole alliances things.

I used to be able to root for Tampa, and Washington after the wings were out.

Now I'm used to hating those teams mid season, but It'll probably take me a few years and I'll be able to have no resentment towards Chicago.

In the postseason of course.

Until they meet the wings in the finals.

Which I want to happen with everything that's in me already.

Ha

Pierre after a commercial break played a clip of Bickell interference place in the neutral zone and said the Ducks were upset about it not being called.

Eddie didn't say anything, silence for 5 seconds until Doc talked.