• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCF : (3) Chicago Blackhawks vs. (1) Anaheim Ducks

Rate this topic

Pee Air is too busy kissing Eddie Dolt chucks a$$ to realize there is an actual hockey game being played by a team called the Anaheim Ducks. The only guy Pee Air ever talks about on the Ducks is Perry. The rest of the time it's a show called Here Comes Duncan Boo Boo.

For me it just comes down to not wanting a team to have success that rivals the Wings stretch of success. Because it's sports, and it can be emotional, so Go Ducks! Then go rangers!

I can understand that, but none of it bothers me at all. I wasn't alive for the old school rivalry, and I enjoy the hell out of the way the Blackhawks play the game. If they keep winning, then so be it. It will never take away from what the wings have done. Nobody forgets the Oilers in the 80's, or the Islanders in the 70's. I want Chicago to stay relevant so we can meet them in the finals at some point. Rating records would be broken. And the hockey on the ice would be phenomenal.

The NHL is a Ducks/Lighting win away from ratings hell.

I hope it implies some consequences for our little Gary. :confused:

(nbc should be pissed off by playoff game rating of 0.8)

Hey, guys, it's not that bad. Remember in 2007 when the Ducks won the cup? They had a whole parking lot full of people come out for their parade!

uhhhh the terminator was there so that's all that matters

uhhhh the terminator was there so that's all that matters

Really? I didn't know he was Canadian!

Cuz that's all the actors that go to hockey games, right? Canadian transplants?

I'm rooting for Chicago. They're more fun to watch, and I hate the idea of the Stanley Cup going back to California. Seriously, think about that for a second. It's not too dissimilar from the penguins at the San Diego zoo. Just leave them where they belong.

I'm rooting for Chicago. They're more fun to watch, and I hate the idea of the Stanley Cup going back to California. Seriously, think about that for a second. It's not too dissimilar from the penguins at the San Diego zoo. Just leave them where they belong.

I'm so damn conflicted. On one hand, Chicaco vs NYC would be amazing. But on the flip side, Anaheim vs Tampa would be hilarious and ratings death. With the direction the league has been going, I think it needs a ratings death wake up call. They probably won't so quick to resort to expansion if current teams bleed money and can't draw any ratings in the finals. So basically whoever wins tonight dictates who I root for tomorrow night, is what I am saying lol.

I agree on the Penguins, but I just want the Cup wherever it's been the least recently. (Outside of Detroit obviously, it can be there every year.).

Ideally I'd like to see a cup final with two teams that have never won. Winning the cup is fun for a fan, I'd like to see fans get that experience that never have had it if the Wings can't win.

I realize that there's all sorts of residual hate from the rivalry (or what was left of it), but I really don't understand hating the Blackhawks and wanting teams in our conference (and particularly our division) to win. Firstly, because f*** anybody else in our division. But secondly, because the Hawks play (and win) EXACTLY like we used to. They're the Red Wings. If anybody should be able to appreciate just how good they are at what they do, it's us. If you'd just thrown Red Wings sweaters on the Hawks last night, it could have easily been confused for the 2009 conference semis.

Maybe that's the reason why, now that I think about it.

Because if the hawks win they become a dynasty. They get classified as better then the wings in the late 90's because they did it in a cap era, and also f*** the hawks that's why

Because if the hawks win they become a dynasty. They get classified as better then the wings in the late 90's because they did it in a cap era, and also f*** the hawks that's why

I completely understand the context. But I'd prefer the Wings be better. Not the Hawks be worse.

Everybody always says that Chicago fans are classless because they chant "Detroit sucks!" instead of "Go Hawks Go!" or whatever. But this is the same thing. It's just validation by negation. It's false logic to determine your worth based on someone else's uselessness. It's the same as thinking you're right because someone else is wrong. It's faulty logic. Maybe the other person is just MORE wrong than you are.

If we want to be considered the greatest modern dynasty we should be better. No hope that Chicago is worse.

What am I talking about? f*** Chicago.

I completely understand the context. But I'd prefer the Wings be better. Not the Hawks be worse.

Everybody always says that Chicago fans are classless because they chant "Detroit sucks!" instead of "Go Hawks Go!" or whatever. But this is the same thing. It's just validation by negation. It's false logic to determine your worth based on someone else's uselessness. It's the same as thinking you're right because someone else is wrong. It's faulty logic. Maybe the other person is just MORE wrong than you are.

If we want to be considered the greatest modern dynasty we should be better. No hope that Chicago is worse.

What am I talking about? f*** Chicago.

Except that as fans we have no control (virtually) over how good the team is. It's not like I'm Howard hoping Mrazek does poorly so Im the better of the two options. All we have is hope. And again it's sports, when you're rooting for random people for random reasons doing random things, logic is meh...

Except that as fans we have no control (virtually) over how good the team is. It's not like I'm Howard hoping Mrazek does poorly so Im the better of the two options. All we have is hope. And again it's sports, when you're rooting for random people for random reasons doing random things, logic is meh...

Exactly. I have no affiliation with the team other than as a fan. So yes I hope Detroit will be better and sign an offensive dman, but also at the same time I hope Chicago fails miserably

I think fans in general can only do 2 things: support and vote with their wallet

No matter how educated, wealthy or "informed" a fan believes to be in the end it's the coaches, owners and GMs running the teams and making decisions. Sure as fans we can disagree or agree with them but in the end nothing we say matters btw. the same thing goes for the media.

Would I hope that Holland becomes the GM he used to be again? For sure but I'm also realistic enough to know that for whatever reason it won't happen...so I'll complain but in the end I'm pretty sure nobody in the whole NHL is giving a rats ass about what fans, the media or that social media believes is right.

sorry for OT

back to topic: I want the Ducks to win, I like their style and yes I do like Perry, Getzlaf they are superstars and man would I give a lot to have Fowler on this team. The Hawks yes, they are talented and Toews is easily a top 3 player in the league but they are the Blackhawks we are the Wings so f*** them and let's see how they are dealing with the capacalypse next year.

so one last Quark for them go Ducks go

I think fans in general can only do 2 things: support and vote with their wallet

No matter how educated, wealthy or "informed" a fan believes to be in the end it's the coaches, owners and GMs running the teams and making decisions. Sure as fans we can disagree or agree with them but in the end nothing we say matters btw. the same thing goes for the media.

Would I hope that Holland becomes the GM he used to be again? For sure but I'm also realistic enough to know that for whatever reason it won't happen...so I'll complain but in the end I'm pretty sure nobody in the whole NHL is giving a rats ass about what fans, the media or that social media believes is right.

sorry for OT

back to topic: I want the Ducks to win, I like their style and yes I do like Perry, Getzlaf they are superstars and man would I give a lot to have Fowler on this team. The Hawks yes, they are talented and Toews is easily a top 3 player in the league but they are the Blackhawks we are the Wings so f*** them and let's see how they are dealing with the capacalypse next year.

so one last Quark for them go Ducks go

To be fair, people using cap issues to say the Blackhawks are doomed is basically the same as when people have been calling the Wings too old for years and years and years. It just isn't gonna happen, no matter how much many folks here want it to. They will continue to be good for a long time.

They already had to break up team once after cup due to cap and had let Buff and some others go. Bickell stepped in an they won another cup.

They are going to lose Bickell, Sharp and Versteeg at least. Chicago will still be a strong team but their depth will take a blow that's for sure