• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCF : (3) Chicago Blackhawks vs. (1) Anaheim Ducks

Rate this topic

I can't bring myself to root for either of these teams.

I guess I will watch but will probably be spending the majority of my time paying attention how full the beer mug that I'm wallowing in is and if it needs refilling.

Agree with wholeheartedly with BoS: This playoff year has sucked all the balls.

Is it just me or is the Western Conference really soft this year? Anaheim and Chicago hardly had to break a sweat against their "competition" so far and I can't see either of them lasting more than 5 games against TB nor NYR. The East (to me at least) just seems WAY more competitive all of a sudden.

Is it just me or is the Western Conference really soft this year? Anaheim and Chicago hardly had to break a sweat against their "competition" so far and I can't see either of them lasting more than 5 games against TB nor NYR. The East (to me at least) just seems WAY more competitive all of a sudden.

They've had an easier road here, which usually means less injuries.

So I think you've got it backwards.

I think the opposite.

Chicago vs Ducks is the Stanley Cup Final for me. Just like LA vs Chicago last year was the Stanley Cup Final for me.

They've had an easier road here, which usually means less injuries.

So I think you've got it backwards.

Don't really care about that stuff. I just think NYR and TB are easily better teams than CHI or ANA. We'll see soon enough...

Tampa really isn't that good. They're not particularly scary. They eked out of a series they probably should have lost against the Wings and while I didn't watch the Montreal series, we all knew Montreal was sort of a one-trick pony (Price).

Don't really care about that stuff. I just think NYR and TB are easily better teams than CHI or ANA. We'll see soon enough...

Well, whether or not you care about it, it is a very real thing..

And they're all good teams, but I haven't seen anything that would make me say either team is easily better.

If stamkos goes on a tear, Tampa could win it all, if the tanagers d starts to gel, they have an amazing d core.

Chicagos only glaring weakness is crawford, but if he can come through Chicago is incredible...

And Anaheim is stupid deep.

Its gonna be a good final.

Funny thing while watching start of game... Crawford goes sprawling out on a Kesler SH attempt, and while doing kicks his leg and I think he was the one who dislodged goal, stopping an almost perfect put in on rebound. So, then Sharp while on other side of ice gets all huffy that goal came off hinges while he had puck after a rebound at an impossible angle like 10 feet away from goal.

Who knows if that is all how it played out or if what Sharp was really crying to ref about, but I'd like to think he is a big fat, GQ crybaby.

Anybody know what rule says you can't head it in like that? I hate the hawks but I don't see why that should be illegal.

Edit: Rule 38.4 (iv): Puck directed or batted into the net by a hand or foot or deliberately batted with any part of the attacking player’s body.

Edited by roboturner

Anybody know what rule says you can't head it in like that? I hate the hawks but I don't see why that should be illegal.

Edit: Rule 38.4 (iv): Puck directed or batted into the net by a hand or foot or deliberately batted with any part of the attacking player’s body.

Rule 78.5 states you can't direct the puck into the net intentionally other than a stick. So it is legit.

I hate this series more than any in recent history, 2 scumbag teams. Cheering for the Ducks makes me feel.... dirty. But f*** the Hawks forever.