• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCF : (3) Chicago Blackhawks vs. (1) Anaheim Ducks

Rate this topic

Thats a surprise statement. Especially since everyone on these forums, or at least most people, were saying how weak the East was while the West was a powerhouse. Heck, every pundit and analyst was saying it as well.

In October I would've agreed. But since then the Sharks and Kings completely fell off the face of the Earth, and the Hawks significantly regressed. They were the only legitimate "powerhouse" teams in the West last year - if we want to use that word. IMO - that word is pretty much a fallacy these days.

Then pretenders like the Blues and Preds held top spots and easy beats like VAN, MIN, CGY and WPG replaced good teams like SJ and LA. I'm just not seeing any quality in this conference at all anymore. Chicago and Anaheim - while appearing VERY strong at times, are equally as weak at other times. No team is perfect 100% of the time, but I don't see the same kinds of weaknesses out of teams like NY, TB, MTL and even WSH. Many Eastern teams have made the transition from youthful, talented and high-flying to professional, skilled and structured.

I think this will become very apparent during the Finals.

Edited by Dr Dubya

In October I would've agreed. But since then the Sharks and Kings completely fell off the face of the Earth, and the Hawks significantly regressed. They were the only legitimate "powerhouse" teams in the West last year - if we want to use that word. IMO - that word is pretty much a fallacy these days.

Then pretenders like the Blues and Preds held top spots and easy beats like VAN, MIN, CGY and WPG replaced good teams like SJ and LA. I'm just not seeing any quality in this conference at all anymore. Chicago and Anaheim - while appearing VERY strong at times, are equally as weak at other times. No team is perfect 100% of the time, but I don't see the same kinds of weaknesses out of teams like NY, TB, MTL and even WSH. Many Eastern teams have made the transition from youthful, talented and high-flying to professional, skilled and structured.

I think this will become very apparent during the Finals.

I agree with everything except for Montreal not having weaknesses. Their team is full of weaknesses, that were disguised by an MVP season from their goalie. Little scoring depth, garbage down the middle, and one of their two best dman is showing his age, while the other is just as likely to cost his team a game then he is to win them one because of his antics.

The east is definitely getting better though. It's also great to see speed and skill becoming more important than big bodied wear and tear.

I agree with everything except for Montreal not having weaknesses. Their team is full of weaknesses, that were disguised by an MVP season from their goalie. Little scoring depth, garbage down the middle, and one of their two best dman is showing his age, while the other is just as likely to cost his team a game then he is to win them one because of his antics.

The east is definitely getting better though. It's also great to see speed and skill becoming more important than big bodied wear and tear.

MTL have weaknesses. As I said, no team is perfect. But Montreal and their MVP goalie have been very consistent all year which is more than I can say for Chicago.

I honestly think that MTL probably would've handled ANA or CHI in 6 or 7 games.

This series reminds me of how fun hockey used to be back when goalies sucked. These two goalies look like they're playing in the 80's.

Well, they did sweep the Wild, so they got plenty of rest in that series to make up for the overtime games.

The thing is, the Hawks are basically playing with four dmen. I want them to win because there is no way they can have enough gas for the finals.

I think hawks win tonight but Ducks win Game 7. Ducks are too strong down the middle with Toews and Kesler. This series has been fun to watch.

Tayes is better off not being paired against Kesler. Quenneville has the last change, so he should put Tayes against a different Anaheim line.

Come on, Ducks. Patooie.... I hate you less than I hate/despise the Blackhawks... them, I hate with a white-hot fire of mega-hate-ness.

I don't really hate them that much Perry is about the only player I really dislike on the team. Also their fans are not obnoxious like Chicago fans. Chicago fans are trash, it's never "let's go hawks", its "(Insert city) sucks". Hell even during the NBA playoffs I heard " Cleveland sucks" chants

I actually don't mind the Duckies, aside from Perry - who makes me want to punch his face in for simply existing. The Hawks... my hate-list is long, long..... I even hate their coach, and their idiotic goal 'song'.... they need to lose now. Go, Ducks.

Ack.

Edited by puckloo39

I actually don't mind the Duckies, aside from Perry - who makes me want to punch his face in for simply existing. The Hawks... my hate-list is long, long..... I even hate their coach, and their idiotic goal 'song'.... they need to lose now. Go, Ducks.

Ack.

I thought it said couch. I was like Damn! Now that's a lady with pure hatred in her heart, even hates their inanimate objects.