• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wheelchairwing

About the 3rd Rd. Pick compensation...

Rate this topic

I wonder if this will happen now.

Not a chance in hell. Phaneuf is a prime player. Babs knows this more than anyone. He'll cut someone's head off for even trying.

Edited by Jacksoni

i know all along the Wings have said the compensation was a 3rd. round pick within the next 3 years...but....didn't the NHL levy the pay scale for compensation directly related to price of contract?

im just angling for a 2nd or 1st pick.

considering Babcock is now richer than 70% of players currently on rosters.

that sounds like high end picks to me.

Mclellan, Peters,Maclean, Nill, Yzerman....what would they have been worth? 7th rounders?

anywho...the question i have been asking myself all day is...Babcock knows who were looking at in the draft, and knows names of "secret" late round players. is he gonna swindle the wings on draft day?

shanahan: "hey mike, welcome to our draft table..are ya ready for the big day?"

babcock: "brendan, throw that s*** list away, here is the new formula. we are 15 steps ahead of them red wings all day."

shanahan: "but...mike...we have extensive details on all our.."

babcock: "zip it....you want to win...or just show up?"...."thats what i thought (deathstare)"

Edited by luvmnger

Not a chance in hell. Phaneuf is a prime player. Babs knows this more than anyone. He'll cut someone's head off for even trying.

i'm no so sure on this. shanny wants a complete rebuild and moving phaneuf and kessel is the best way to start to get assets back.

No, it's not.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2015/05/20/mike-babcock-detroit-red-wings/27594379/

Because the Maple Leafs signed Babcock prior to the June 30 expiration of his contract, the Wings will be compensated a third-round draft pick once within the next three years, at Toronto's choosing.
Edited by ogreslayer

The only way I want Phanuef here is if it is Phanuef + a 3rd (For Babcock) + a 1st for taking a lazy, overpaid, overhyped D-man off of their roster!