• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Dylan Larkin turning pro... will play for GR immediately

Rate this topic

Sabres, Flames, Devils, Panthers, Habs, Yotes, Flyers just off the top of my head. Before laughing at the Habs, keep in mind they are very weak down the middle and he could be a good stop gap for them while they develop someone internally. But plenty of teams that can use some veteran center depth. His contract isn't idea, but it isn't outrageous either. And what's to say Holland can't retain 1-1.5 million for a better return? It is only 3 years remaining after all.

If the season starts with Weiss on the roster, injuries make teams desperate. Not to mention the fact that we can offload this contract and take on one another team does not want. There are always options!

In the end I do think Weiss gets a shot under a new coach. I only see him moved if Holland needs the cap space to make a bigger move.

I lol'd :lol:

So habs need help down the middle so there gonna trade for a guy who hasn't done much in 2-3 yrs and is injury prone? I doubt they do that

If weiss does get moved there's no doubt were gonna have to eat between 1-2 mill per

Only teams you listed that I "might" see a possibility is arizona depending if say a vermette doesn't return and they need to get to the bottom of the cap

Panthers flames sabres are good young teams that aren't gonna win the cup anytime soon and got good young players so I can't see it

Anyways like I said before I do hope I'm wrong

Saying that Larkin will be a wing is just as silly as saying Pulkkinen will be a center. He won't.

Larkin, a 6-foot-1, 195-pound center, will likely be paired with Andreas Athanasiou has been a flex center-winger, Blashill said.

"That is probably what we'll do (putting those two together) and then we'll see on who else," he said.

With Meile and Nosek we still have good center depth. Much better than the editor depth at mlive, apparently.

Bert with AA and Larkin. Mantha down with Zengerle and Nosek. Hoggan or Tvrdon up with Meile and Pulk. Should be three dangerous scoring lines.

I'm as excited about this kid as anybody but I'd definitely prefer to see him spend a year down in Grand Rapids. We've been doing it (developing our prospects) right for so long, I don't want to stray from that. I do think he is our future top line center and I don't want to set him back in his development by rushing him to the bigs. People need to remember that he is still only 18 years old (will be 19 by training camp). It's not even that I don't believe he is physically ready, or that he is not skilled enough, for me, I want to make sure he is mentally ready, and I don't think many teenagers are. Let's just see what he can do over the next few weeks in the Calder Cup Playoffs before we anoint him and trade away our third line center... My prediction is he puts up a few points but doesn't dominate like many think he will. I'll say 5-7 points in 10-14 games... Either way, I was looking forward to Sunday nights game, this just adds to the excitement. Go Larkin! Go Griffins!

I'm as excited about this kid as anybody but I'd definitely prefer to see him spend a year down in Grand Rapids. We've been doing it (developing our prospects) right for so long, I don't want to stray from that. I do think he is our future top line center and I don't want to set him back in his development by rushing him to the bigs. People need to remember that he is still only 18 years old (will be 19 by training camp). It's not even that I don't believe he is physically ready, or that he is not skilled enough, for me, I want to make sure he is mentally ready, and I don't think many teenagers are. Let's just see what he can do over the next few weeks in the Calder Cup Playoffs before we anoint him and trade away our third line center... My prediction is he puts up a few points but doesn't dominate like many think he will. I'll say 5-7 points in 10-14 games... Either way, I was looking forward to Sunday nights game, this just adds to the excitement. Go Larkin! Go Griffins!

Hey bro, don't reality rain on my crazy parade, alright?

I was baffled by the "big trade coming," comment, the helm thing was all I could think of that made some sense.

But he honestly seems mentally ready, the kid seems less corruptable than our other prospects...

Maybe its just because of where most of our prospects were drafted.

John BuccigrossVerified account ‏@Buccigross

John Buccigross retweeted Meh

Big loss for Michigan and #cawlidgehawkey. Adds to Detroit's impressive forward depth. Big trade comin

Big Trade Coming? hmmm

Probably complete speculation. "Detroit has a lot of forwards, so a trade would make since therefor it means that there is one coming even though I have no real evidence".

Yeah, it sounds like Bucci is reaching and not speaking from any sort of insider information. We sign kids to pro contracts every off-season. It's nothing new. Although if there's one area we do have a lot of depth it's bottom six centers. We can spare a few of those.

The Wings are fast-tracking a prospect.

We have seen it all now.

I wouldn't say they're fast-tracking him. He played a year at college and absolutely dominated there, so he's definitely ready for a more challenging level, and that next step happens to be at Grand Rapids. It also doesn't hurt that he didn't look out of place at the Worlds over the past few weeks.

I'm expecting he'll be at least a couple years with the Griffins, while he continues to adjust to playing with men instead of boys, and against people who are battling for jobs and their livelihoods. The schedule of the AHL is more demanding as well, and I expect that will also take some getting used to.

With Meile and Nosek we still have good center depth. Much better than the editor depth at mlive, apparently.

Bert with AA and Larkin. Mantha down with Zengerle and Nosek. Hoggan or Tvrdon up with Meile and Pulk. Should be three dangerous scoring lines.

Whelp, I absolutely got that wrong didn't I? Yikes. Sorry for bring so dickish about the whole thing.

They drafted Larkin to center mantha.

Eh, not necessarily. They drafted him because he's an awesome centerman from Michigan. If he and Mantha become a dynamic duo because they just work that well together, awesome. But it shouldn't be forced. Finding chemistry and coming up with winning combinations is not at all an exact science.

Having said that...I'm still hoping we get to see Athanasiou - Larkin - Helm at some point, if only for s***s and giggles. (Legion of...Zoom? Vroom? Va-Va-Voom?) (Cuz, like, the motor city and cars and stuff. GET IT?!?!)

Man, we're gonna have a crazy-quick forward corps within the next couple of years.

I'm expecting he'll be at least a couple years with the Griffins, while he continues to adjust to playing with men instead of boys, and against people who are battling for jobs and their livelihoods. The schedule of the AHL is more demanding as well, and I expect that will also take some getting used to.

I honestly don't think he'll be in Grand Rapids all that long. There's going to be an adjustment period, but he's probably the most complete prospect (or, at least, 18-year-old) we've had in a very long time.

The one thing that might really hold him back is how many bottom-six type forwards we have in the system. Unless the powers that be get to thinking he could really work as a top-six forward (sort of a Helm or Sheahan or Abdelkader dealy), they may just say, "Y'know what, there's no real rush." Or maybe one or two of those bottom-six type guys get traded and getting Larkin into the lineup as, say, a fourth-liner seems to make sense for the team and for Larkin's development track.

I think the change in sheer number of games, not only as a whole, but within a stretch of 4-5 days is the biggest challenge. I would not be surprised to see him in GR for at least the next 13 months - if, for nothing more, to allow him the chance to build his endurance. Not just skating, but in the weight room, in practice, and the physicality of the game. That's gotta take some getting used to before someone is ready.

Do I think he could come up and be in the 80th percentile for three or four games? Absolutely. Do I think he'd regress to the 20th percentile after 60 games? Absolutely.

I think you leave him in GR just so he can get a feel for how to battle with a balance. You can't go 150% all the time every time.

Top 6 go-to guy in Grand Rapids >>> Bottom 6 support guy in Detroit - (in regards to what is best for his development)

Develop this kid the right way, don't rush him like we did Jurco. I understand that there is a huge difference between Larkin and Jurco, but Jurco was also a year older than what Larkin will be going into camp this season. He wasn't ready and neither is Larkin in my opinion.

Let's see what he can do in the next few weeks, but even if he puts up a point per game, I still say he should start next season in the American League...