• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2015 SCF : Chicago Blackhawks vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

Rate this topic

Haven't watched a second of hockey since the Wings were eliminated and it appears I did not miss a thing.

Best thing to do right now is watch baseball and hope that Tampa can pull a miracle out of the hat.

i got better things to do then watch chicago play,hopefully tampa can do something that nashville.minnesota,and anaheim could not do and that's beat them

Good teams make teams gag away a series. Chicago deserves some credit, they are a great team. I hate them, but they are a great team. Go Bolts!

Plus as a Wings fan, the Bots winning makes me feel good given the fact we took them to 7.

I thought the cap was supposed to create parity for the league? Still the same teams every year that make it this far; they just do it with their high draft picks from tanking for years. Even several years ago I would still watch most of the playoffs after the Wings were eliminated because it was still entertaining for me. Now though? Haven't watched a game since our Game 7 against the Bolts. The product that the NHL trots out there every year is getting worse and worse. I figure the only way to send a message is to not give them any money and not watch the games.

Kind of bummed out that the Hawks have basically matched the Wings glory years, or at least they will when they win this series. Now the Wings are simply another almost-dynasty, but no longer the most recent one.

Kind of bummed out that the Hawks have basically matched the Wings glory years, or at least they will when they win this series. Now the Wings are simply another almost-dynasty, but no longer the most recent one.

Times change man. As much as I want the Wings to always be on top, its not realistic.

I thought the cap was supposed to create parity for the league? Still the same teams every year that make it this far; they just do it with their high draft picks from tanking for years. Even several years ago I would still watch most of the playoffs after the Wings were eliminated because it was still entertaining for me. Now though? Haven't watched a game since our Game 7 against the Bolts. The product that the NHL trots out there every year is getting worse and worse. I figure the only way to send a message is to not give them any money and not watch the games.

There is parity, you will never see the exact same 16 teams pretty much be in the exact same spots year after year. Of course some teams will always be good and maintain a position, especially if they keep their core in tact during their prime (ie. Chicago), there are always exceptions to the rule as there always ends up being an outlier.

Before the cap, you would never have seen this many shifts in top teams:

LA won the cup last year, didnt make the playoffs this year

Boston was #1 seed last year, didnt make the playoffs this year

Pittsburgh was #2 seed last year, #8 seed this year.

Colorado #2 seed last year, didnt make the playoffs this year.

San Jose #4 seed last year, didnt make the playoffs this year.

Back before the cap, you may have seen one shift like this if a major roster change or a ton of injuries happened, but not this many. The telling thing, is these teams didn't see any major changes with maybe the exception of Boston.

Guest sexywingsfan

:lol: The point is, The Wings not have the players like Chicago and Tampa have, not even close :lol:

they just do it with their high draft picks from tanking for years.

you mean just like the red wings did in their glory years?

man, so nice to see everyone hating the Hawks in Detroit just because Chicago has a great team. What goes around comes around.

man, so nice to see everyone hating the Hawks in Detroit just because Chicago has a great team. What goes around comes around.

I can think of plenty of reasons to hate the Hawks that goes beyond the guys playing the games. In fact, for me personally, I actually don't mind most of the players for Chicago (besides that tool Shaw). In reality, they are a carbon copy of how the Red Wings used to win.

This was the last scenario I wanted to see in the final. Will be rooting for the Lightning, but Hawks in five.

Edited by GoWings1905

You might want to check the Wings roster from their glory years (I'm assuming you're talking 1996ish to 2000).

Yzerman is the highest draft pick. Then next I think is Marty Lapointe taken 10th overall. Fedorov was taken in the 4th round. Lidstrom in the 3rd. Shanahan the Wings traded for. Draper was acquired for a dollar.

Not quite the same as getting Toews and Kane in back to back drafts.

You might want to check the Wings roster from their glory years (I'm assuming you're talking 1996ish to 2000).

Yzerman is the highest draft pick. Then next I think is Marty Lapointe taken 10th overall. Fedorov was taken in the 4th round. Lidstrom in the 3rd. Shanahan the Wings traded for. Draper was acquired for a dollar.

Not quite the same as getting Toews and Kane in back to back drafts.

Who cares how they got Kane and Toews? If u suck u get a high draft pick thats the rules. I dont believe they sucked on purpose they just did. They play the game the right way. Would much rather have Hawks win another Cup then see Tampa win one. They pissed me off in the first round and unlike others i couldnt care less if Yzerman is their GM.

Unless you're really old I don't see how you would actually hate the Hawks. All i remember is them sucking for years then finally getting good and having a couple good series with the Wings. I remember their players would always give us credit as well.

Edited by 10 Minute Misconduct