• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2015 SCF : Chicago Blackhawks vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

Rate this topic

I'd love to agree but I just can't.

Yes, we probably could and should have beaten Tampa, but they've really progressed a lot since the Detroit series, and have played much better to get to where they are. I'm dubious about Detroit getting over the line against any of Montreal, New York or Chicago.

Edit: And FWIW - I'm still supremely confident the Bolts will take the Cup with much less trouble than everyone thinks.

So only Tampa can get better as the playoffs go along?

Also, what makes you think Detroit didn't have any part in shutting down Tampa instead of Tampa just not playing well at the beginning of the playoffs? If I remember Detroit took out Anaheim and almost Chicago a couple years ago and we heard the same thing then.

We have two elite two way players, maybe just maybe that had something to do with containing most of Tampa's offense.

Tampa bay > Chicago.. You could say this the whole series actually...

Yeah, kind of surprising actually. If it wasn't for the Game 1 collapse, TB's up 3-0. I thought the Hawks talent and especially experience would have given them a better start to this series. I was expecting a Wings/Pens 2008 type of series.

Which is all great, except they're a bunch of dix.

I'm pulling for Chicago.

If Chicago wins, it will be gross, but I'll except it because that's what they've been doing and that's what's supposed to happen. It will be really painful if Tampa wins this series because it could have been Detroit.

It'll be less painful for our most bitter rival to win their 3rd championship in 6 years than to have our Captain get his name on the Stanley Cup again, all because they beat us and it could have been us there? I suppose anything could happen, we could have made it to the Finals, but it was the first round. Its not like it was the Conference Finals or something. A lot would have had to happen for us to get that far. The Wings matched up well with TB. Can't say the same about Montreal, they were a team that TB owned. I'm over our loss. I'm even over Cooper and his whining and their fanbase. The Lightning have had their moments of jerkiness during these playoffs, but it's nothing compared to Chicago that chants "Detroit sucks" in their sleep.

Yeah, kind of surprising actually. If it wasn't for the Game 1 collapse, TB's up 3-0. I thought the Hawks talent and especially experience would have given them a better start to this series. I was expecting a Wings/Pens 2008 type of series.

It'll be less painful for our most bitter rival to win their 3rd championship in 6 years than to have our Captain get his name on the Stanley Cup again, all because they beat us and it could have been us there? I suppose anything could happen, we could have made it to the Finals, but it was the first round. Its not like it was the Conference Finals or something. A lot would have had to happen for us to get that far. The Wings matched up well with TB. Can't say the same about Montreal, they were a team that TB owned. I'm over our loss. I'm even over Cooper and his whining and their fanbase. The Lightning have had their moments of jerkiness during these playoffs, but it's nothing compared to Chicago that chants "Detroit sucks" in their sleep.

For me? Yes.

The Chicago - Detroit rivalry will eventually die. Just like the Colorado - Detroit rivalry did.

Tampa should be as much or more of a rivalry as the Hawks. The Wings are already playing more important games against Tampa. That's not going to change.

For me? Yes.

The Chicago - Detroit rivalry will eventually die. Just like the Colorado - Detroit rivalry did.

Tampa should be as much or more of a rivalry as the Hawks. The Wings are already playing more important games against Tampa. That's not going to change.

The Chicago rivalry will never die, much like the Detroit/Toronto rivalry never did. We pass it from generation to generation.

The Chicago rivalry will never die, much like the Detroit/Toronto rivalry never did. We pass it from generation to generation.

Well perhaps it should die, because what they do as an organization has little bearing on the Wings. Caring a hate-torch for the Hawks is petty. It's what Chicago did when they were jealous of Detroit for 20 years. I don't want that going the other way while they're on top as Detroit retools.

So, unless they're beating the Wings in the Cup final, or keeping them from making the playoffs, I'll reserve my loathing for teams like Tampa, Montreal, Boston, and eventually Florida and Buffalo.

But this is just how I feel. Personal preference.

Well perhaps it should die, because what they do as an organization has little bearing on the Wings. Caring a hate-torch for the Hawks is petty. It's what Chicago did when they were jealous of Detroit for 20 years. I don't want that going the other way while they're on top as Detroit retools.

So, unless they're beating the Wings in the Cup final, or keeping them from making the playoffs, I'll reserve my loathing for teams like Tampa, Montreal, Boston, and eventually Florida and Buffalo.

How is hating the Blackhawks more petty than hating any other team in the league? Hatred isn't rational. It's part of being a fan and having rivalries.

For me it's not only deeply ingrained from the longstanding Wings rivalry, but it's also that their current roster has several players who are pretty easy to hate compared to the Lightning. Then throw their fanbase on top of it and it comes pretty easily.

If I'm picking a team I'd want to win the Cup that's not the Wings, between the Blackhawks and Tampa, it's a pretty easy choice. If only to make Eddie Olczyk shed tears that subtly interfere with his happiness.

You're confusing a rivalry with petty jealousy. They have nothing to do with each other. One is a long-standing competitive, contentious relationship and the other is just being a ******. I'm old enough to appreciate our rivalries with Chicago and Toronto. You're obviously not, and weren't raised by hockey fans I'm guessing? Trust me - any hockey fan from my generation in Detroit, Toronto and Chicago has taught their children about these rivalries, just as Red Sox fans and Yankee fans have taught their children.

You're confusing a rivalry with petty jealousy. They have nothing to do with each other. One is a long-standing competitive, contentious relationship and the other is just being a ******. I'm old enough to appreciate our rivalries with Chicago and Toronto. You're obviously not, and weren't raised by hockey fans I'm guessing? Trust me - any hockey fan from my generation in Detroit, Toronto and Chicago has taught their children about these rivalries, just as Red Sox fans and Yankee fans have taught their children.

I'm 40. Played hockey for 15 years and was born into a Red Wings household. Way to make it pesonal even after I went out of my way to say that it was just my opinion and personal preference. I expected more out of a mod.

Oh. My. God. That was not personal at all. It was a guess based on your perceptions. Apparently I was wrong. That's not even in the ballpark of being a personal attack and certainly wasn't meant to insult you.

And I have to ask, what does you playing hockey have to do with anything I said?

Oh. My. God. That was not personal at all. It was a guess based on your perceptions. Apparently I was wrong. That's not even in the ballpark of being a personal attack and certainly wasn't meant to insult you.

And I have to ask, what does you playing hockey have to do with anything I said?

It has as much to do with anything as my age, family hockey orientation, favourite brand of bell-bottom jeans, the amount of Kiss records I have stashed under my coffee table, or whatever else you seem to think applies to my qualifications to speak substaintially about hockey rivalries.

I didn't say it was an attack. But you defintely tried to make your point my including assumptions about my age and up-bringing. Both of which are personal things.

It would be like me saying this: "you must be like 60 if you remember the last time Toronto and Detroit played for anything more important than that one series in 1992". But I don't assume this.

So only Tampa can get better as the playoffs go along?

Also, what makes you think Detroit didn't have any part in shutting down Tampa instead of Tampa just not playing well at the beginning of the playoffs? If I remember Detroit took out Anaheim and almost Chicago a couple years ago and we heard the same thing then.

We have two elite two way players, maybe just maybe that had something to do with containing most of Tampa's offense.

I never said any of that lol. Take it easy.

But Tampa's roster is far and away better than Detroit's. So I would guess they'd generally fare better than Detroit would. Surely you can't seriously think Detroit has a Stanley Cup roster.

I never said any of that lol. Take it easy.

But Tampa's roster is far and away better than Detroit's. So I would guess they'd generally fare better than Detroit would. Surely you can't seriously think Detroit has a Stanley Cup roster.

Why do they need to have a Stanley Cup roster? Many teams get hot at the right time and go to the finals; Devils just did it three years ago.

How many teams in the past beat Detroit that didn't have a Stanley Cup roster? Plenty. That's just how the game works.

Why do they need to have a Stanley Cup roster? Many teams get hot at the right time and go to the finals; Devils just did it three years ago.

How many teams in the past beat Detroit that didn't have a Stanley Cup roster? Plenty. That's just how the game works.

The Devils had a decent roster in a terrible conference. Kinda like the Hawks this year.

The East was stacked with contendors this year. Detroit wasn't one of them. Sorry.

Just in case you forgot about the Hawks/Wings.. some images from 2013 playoffs.

Bickell plastering Hank

zetterberg.gif

Rozsival smashing Abby's head:

abelkader_medium.gif

Slewfoot-gate:

flippula_medium.gif

Shaw elbowing Kindl:

shawelbow.gif

Let me know when you are sufficiently mad at the Hawks again. Thanks.

Ha. I still hate the hawks.

But I also hate Tampa.

The hating of the hawks is etched into me, which I'm working on.

I do like Toews, honestly.

His playoff beard, not so Much.

I guess I don't care about this series as much as I care about hockey lasting as long as possible into the summer.

Pulling for the Yzerbolts to take a 3-1 lead tonight.

I do not hate the Hawks as a team - they are phenomenal. I just simply do not want to deal with them in dynasty talk if they win 3 of 5. They deserve it, but I will never root for them.