• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2015 SCF : Chicago Blackhawks vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

Rate this topic

Toews has 3 cups, Zetterberg will NEVER get that. And Kane now has three cups and starting tearing up the NHL playoffs WAY before Datsyuk in age. Give me Toews and Kane over D and Z ANY DAY of the week. Only blind homers will say otherwise.

Hey there old friend.

If Zetterberg and Datsyuk had a prime-aged Lidstrom and Rafalski the way Toews and Kane have Keith and Seabrook, then we can have this conversation. Except Lidstrom was 38 when the Wings won the cup in 2008 and Rafalski was three years away from retirement. Ease up on the CAPSLOCK.

Well the Blackhawks do deserve a congrats. And I much prefer the trophy staying up north, I can't stand the southern teams playing to be honest, playing in a refrigerator when it's 90 degrees outside and retirees suntanning a 5 minute walk from the arena.

Doesn't fit.

Anyway, made 3 bets in the finals, got them all. Good enough for me.

Kane and Towes legacy may be better than D & Z but they wouldn't have as much of one without Keith, Seabrook and the amount of depth Chicago has managed to hang onto.. they're great players, no doubt but they've also played on a deeply talented team.

Congrats to the Hawks. Most of us predicted they would win this series, so its really no surprise. They have a good team with plenty of depth and unfortunately will probably win at least one more Stanley Cup before the Toews/Kane era ends. On to the offseason!

LOL...That's what everyone said in 2010. They're not going away for a while.

That's right. That "Core" thread that was like 50 pages long was nothing but LGW members making fun of the Hawks fans who suggested their core would carry them, despite all the role players they lost in the 2010 offseason.

They've won two more Cups since that thread.

Duncan Keith is probably the best defenseman in the NHL. That guy is GOOD. Hjalredlkjson is elite, as well. Those 2 seemed to carry them through the SCF.

Yup, if you have a team that is utter crap for 10 years, you too can build through the draft like the Hawks and win 3 cups. Dave Talon and Stan Bowman built this team smart.

Scotty is a consultant for the team. It's not a coincidence that the Hawks success began when Stan became the GM and Scotty came over to do consulting for the Hawks.

Actually, the Hawks success began in 2008 when they made it to the conference finals. Dave Tallon was the GM until 2010. Every draft pick they had up to that point was drafted by Tallon. Stan Bowman is a great GM, don't get me wrong, but give credit where credit is due. Tallon really did set the stage for the Hawks dynasty. In fact, he was so key that when the Hawks won the Cup in 2010, they petitioned to have his name engraved on the cup and they gave him a Cup ring.

Since Stan Bowman has taken over, there have been two players he has drafted that have made the big club, and these players were key to their success this year. Brandon Saad and Andrew Shaw.

Everyone thought that about the Pens too after 2009. Not saying the Hawks won't win more because they are clearly the best organization in hockey right now, but there are a lot of factors that go into play going forward.

See my thread on the front page about man games lost. The Pens should get a pass for that, as they have been more affected than any team since 2010 with injuries to key players. The Hawks have been the least affected.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/lightning-s-tyler-johnson-calls-broken-wrist--disappointing-041029857.html

Not a surprise. And Bishop had a torn groin.

Sucks when the most exciting player (top goal scorer) in the post season gets hobbled. Dude single handed takes down the Wings then gets injured before he can finish out for the Cup.

To tell the truth, I'm happy about this. I don't want a division rival winning the Cup. I didn't want the Stanley Cup in the south, getting gawked at by mildly bemused tourists and local swamp rats. I don't ever want to hear "The Stanley Cup gets a sun tan" ever again. *Puke*. I don't give a crap about "Stevie winning one", because he stopped mattering to me the second he started working for a rival organization. In short, NOTHING about Tampa winning the Cup would have felt good to me. I don't care about their players, coach, staff, GM, city, or state.

Secondly, I don't feel threatened by this. At all. The new Chicago dynasty is (so far) more impressive than our dynasty from 97-08. So what? We still won 4 Cups in 11 years, had top end talent to watch, and made the playoffs every single year. It's still SUPER impressive. Just because the 80's Islanders weren't the 80's Oilers doesn't make them any less awesome. This just put a stamp on something we all already knew. We're no longer the league's model franchise. Oh well, doesn't make our run at the top any less impressive.

I agree about Tampa and Yzerman. They got lucky to even get out of the 1st round against us. If we can make it to the playoffs 25 years in a row and hopefully become one of the better teams in the East and finally make some noise and go into a deep playoff run, I'll be ecstatic.

To tell the truth, I'm happy about this. I don't want a division rival winning the Cup. I didn't want the Stanley Cup in the south, getting gawked at by mildly bemused tourists and local swamp rats. I don't ever want to hear "The Stanley Cup gets a sun tan" ever again. *Puke*. I don't give a crap about "Stevie winning one", because he stopped mattering to me the second he started working for a rival organization. In short, NOTHING about Tampa winning the Cup would have felt good to me. I don't care about their players, coach, staff, GM, city, or state.

Secondly, I don't feel threatened by this. At all. The new Chicago dynasty is (so far) more impressive than our dynasty from 97-08. So what? We still won 4 Cups in 11 years, had top end talent to watch, and made the playoffs every single year. It's still SUPER impressive. Just because the 80's Islanders weren't the 80's Oilers doesn't make them any less awesome. This just put a stamp on something we all already knew. We're no longer the league's model franchise. Oh well, doesn't make our run at the top any less impressive.

If the Hawks fail to win another cup in 6 years... does that make the Wing's dynasty tops again? :)