• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2015 SCF : Chicago Blackhawks vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

Rate this topic

Who cares how they got Kane and Toews? If u suck u get a high draft pick thats the rules. I dont believe they sucked on purpose they just did. They play the game the right way. Would much rather have Hawks win another Cup then see Tampa win one. They pissed me off in the first round and unlike others i couldnt care less if Yzerman is their GM.

Unless you're really old I don't see how you would actually hate the Hawks. All i remember is them sucking for years then finally getting good and having a couple good series with the Wings. I remember their players would always give us credit as well.

It's not the Hawks so much I can't stand it's ,most of their fans and that awful goal song.

Edited by Hockeymom1960

Who cares how they got Kane and Toews? If u suck u get a high draft pick thats the rules. I dont believe they sucked on purpose they just did. They play the game the right way. Would much rather have Hawks win another Cup then see Tampa win one. They pissed me off in the first round and unlike others i couldnt care less if Yzerman is their GM.

Unless you're really old I don't see how you would actually hate the Hawks. All i remember is them sucking for years then finally getting good and having a couple good series with the Wings. I remember their players would always give us credit as well.

I never claimed they were breaking the rules or sucked on purpose. For decades they had a terrible owner in Dollar Bill Wirtz. It's not a coincidence the team turned around when he died. But the poster stated they did it the same way the Wings did, by signing franchise players like Toews and Kane after years of sucking. The Wings didn't build their team that way, mostly because a lot of their high picks didn't pan out.

How do the Hawks play the game "the right way" in a way Tampa doesn't?

I am probably what you would consider really old, so I've hated the Hawks a long time. But there's still reasons to hate them now. Kane is a d-bag, Keith is a dirty player. Bickell is too. Shaw is dirty and an idiot. Then there's Toews tantrums and slashing of Zetterberg a few seasons ago.

As for their fans, they were chanting "Detroit sucks" while celebrating after the Blackhawks won the Cup in 2010.

Chicago didn't even play Detroit in that year's playoffs.

Am I the only one that can't stand toews? Zetterberg needs to make that dude cry again

No, you def are not the only one. He's such a whiner when things are'nt going his way or his team is losing. He always looks like he's about to cry. lol

I hate Chicago. I hate them with a passion. But I'd still rather see them win. Mainly because I can't imagine listening to the whining on here, about what a wonderful GM Yzerman is and how much Holland blows. When you add the Wings losing to Tampa, the Yzerman GM hype, as well as the Holland hate-this site would be unbearable for awhile.

I hate Chicago. I hate them with a passion. But I'd still rather see them win. Mainly because I can't imagine listening to the whining on here, about what a wonderful GM Yzerman is and how much Holland blows. When you add the Wings losing to Tampa, the Yzerman GM hype, as well as the Holland hate-this site would be unbearable for awhile.

As far as I'm concerned, even if they lose, the whining is warranted. We let our favorite Red Wing leave and retained an old man out of ideas. They wanted Yzerman to overripe.

As far as I'm concerned, even if they lose, the whining is warranted. We let our favorite Red Wing leave and retained an old man out of ideas. They wanted Yzerman to overripe.

Not saying it's 100% wrong. Just that I prefer not hear it for the next 5 years.

Am I the only one that can't stand toews? Zetterberg needs to make that dude cry again

I'd love him if he were on the Wings for sure. But I did lose respect for him after his tantrums with Zetterberg.

And even though it's not his fault, even for a great player he is often overrated by people because of his "intangibles" which mostly means good Canadian kid.

'

Maybe just maybe it is because a lot of people are acting like the captain hasn't won anything as a GM ? I don't need to count his contributions to team Canada (back to back gold medals) or what he has done with Tampa. So yes, if people still think he isn't one of the best GMs a stanley cup for Tampa would finally put even that (stupid) argument to rest.

Nobody thinks Holland blows this is just made up by his biggest supporters, I think a lot of people would have prefered seeing Holland get a PROMOTION and become the president of hockey operations and let the Captain takeover as GM.

As far as Toews I really hate the Hawks but Toews, Keith, Hossa and Seabrook are players I just can't hate. There is nobody on this whole team I wouldn't trade for this guy he sadly is their version of Stevie Y. Guy is just clutch and has all the intangibles of a great leader.

You know that movie The Help?

SPOILER ALERT

You know when that one lady cooks a poop pie and the other lady eats it?

That scene sums up how I feel about this series. My most despised team playing the team that knocked us out of the playoffs in the effing Stanley Cup Finals. Pass the fork, man.

Maybe just maybe it is because a lot of people are acting like the captain hasn't won anything as a GM ? I don't need to count his contributions to team Canada (back to back gold medals) or what he has done with Tampa. So yes, if people still think he isn't one of the best GMs a stanley cup for Tampa would finally put even that (stupid) argument to rest.

Nobody thinks Holland blows this is just made up by his biggest supporters, I think a lot of people would have prefered seeing Holland get a PROMOTION and become the president of hockey operations and let the Captain takeover as GM.

As far as Toews I really hate the Hawks but Toews, Keith, Hossa and Seabrook are players I just can't hate. There is nobody on this whole team I wouldn't trade for this guy he sadly is their version of Stevie Y. Guy is just clutch and has all the intangibles of a great leader.

No doubt he's a good GM. The annoying problem is that too many people believe that the Wings would be guarenteed a cup (or 5) if he was the the GM instead of Holland. And it's really an argument that has become tiring, and will be magnified if Tampa wins.

As for Holland I'm one of those people you mentioned that believes he should have moved up and a new GM should have taken over by now. Alas it wasn't meant to be.

I'd love him if he were on the Wings for sure. But I did lose respect for him after his tantrums with Zetterberg.

And even though it's not his fault, even for a great player he is often overrated by people because of his "intangibles" which mostly means good Canadian kid.

'

Tayes would be less annoying if he stopped trying to grow that stupid beard.

The way the Hawks played now and the way the Wings played from 1996-2002ish is so similar I find. Bend bend bend but never break. The Hawks play some stinkers but reek of confidence when the going gets tough. I could care less who wins. I'm still bitter that we lost to TB on a Coburn knuckle puck.

You might want to check the Wings roster from their glory years (I'm assuming you're talking 1996ish to 2000).

Yzerman is the highest draft pick. Then next I think is Marty Lapointe taken 10th overall. Fedorov was taken in the 4th round. Lidstrom in the 3rd. Shanahan the Wings traded for. Draper was acquired for a dollar.

Not quite the same as getting Toews and Kane in back to back drafts.

I question if it's still possible today to get as many steals as the wings did in the late rounds. There's so many scouts all across world and so much more video footage. What say you guys?

Can the goddam Hawk apologists just GTFO?

This is our special secret safe place to commiserate and cry and rip on other teams. You won't take that from me.

I still have rage fits about Hawks gooning it up against the Wings with Bickell and Shaw leaving their feet on almost every check with flying elbows to the head. Yea league is really concerned about head injuries.

Oh and to add. The Hawks shoulda lost round 1 if Weber doesn't tear up his knee. Darling in goal? Gimme a f'n break. And then Wild do dirty work by beating Blues. I felt Blues woulda been all over them just like the Ducks beating them to a pulp but still with enough offense to win.

Yzerman hasn't done anything great as a GM....YET. I believe that Yzerman himself would tell you this. He doesn't come across like a guy with a massive ego who wants people to admire his work before he has actually accomplished his goal.

Don't get me wrong, he has done ALOT of good. Up to this point, Yzerman has taken a franchise that was not doing so well and has brought them back to relevancy. As we stand right now, he is 4 wins away from winning TB a Stanley Cup. If he accomplishes this goal, myself and many other Red Wings fans will be happy for him and will respect his accomplishment.

I dont think anyone on here is lacking respect for Steve Yzerman, most people don't seem to be bashing him in anyway. The issue is when youself and some others want to give him credit for something before he has actually done it and act like he is the next coming just because he is Steve Yzerman. He very well may end up going down as a great GM, but how about we let him earn it first, and not just hand it to him which is what I guarantee he would want.

Lets also not forget, 99% of those arguments are because in every other thread you talk about how Yzerman should be the Wings GM and not Holland. I think most of the comments back are more pro Holland then anti Yzerman.

After how uninspired the Lightning looked against us in the first round, I'm pretty surprised they made it this far. Experience means a lot and the Hawks, unfortunately, have that edge. But the Lightning are a high scoring team, have beaten 3 other original 6 teams to get here and might be fresher not having played a bunch of multiple OT games against a physical team. I want the Lightning to win, but I really can't see how that will happen. Bishop is shaky and the Hawks forwards are way deeper than TB's. I mean, seriously, as we saw in the first round, if you take away Tyler Johnson, this team is basically done. Hoping it'll be TB in 7, but it'll more likely be Chicago in 5 or 6.

Can't believe tampa made it to the finals after we gave them the series with a goalie who's greatly overrated

And I didn't want Chicago to win, wanted a new winner .... The 2 teams I didn't want to win ... I can honestly say I'll be watching the nba finals hoping lebron loses over watching the nhl finals this year

Oh and to add. The Hawks shoulda lost round 1 if Weber doesn't tear up his knee. Darling in goal? Gimme a f'n break. And then Wild do dirty work by beating Blues. I felt Blues woulda been all over them just like the Ducks beating them to a pulp but still with enough offense to win.

The Blues would have lost. They've already shown they can't beat Chicago. Or anybody, for that matter in the playoffs.

Can't believe tampa made it to the finals after we gave them the series with a goalie who's greatly overrated

And I didn't want Chicago to win, wanted a new winner .... The 2 teams I didn't want to win ... I can honestly say I'll be watching the nba finals hoping lebron loses over watching the nhl finals this year

Tampa would be a new team to win.

Are you a GSW fan or a LeBron hater? I'm leaning towards the latter.

Edited by darkmanx

After how uninspired the Lightning looked against us in the first round, I'm pretty surprised they made it this far. Experience means a lot and the Hawks, unfortunately, have that edge. But the Lightning are a high scoring team, have beaten 3 other original 6 teams to get here and might be fresher not having played a bunch of multiple OT games against a physical team. I want the Lightning to win, but I really can't see how that will happen. Bishop is shaky and the Hawks forwards are way deeper than TB's. I mean, seriously, as we saw in the first round, if you take away Tyler Johnson, this team is basically done. Hoping it'll be TB in 7, but it'll more likely be Chicago in 5 or 6.

I don't think Tampa looked "uninspired" against us. That makes it seem like the series was only close because they were slacking off or something. The Red Wings are a tough out. Just like New Jersey used to be. We trap and trap and trap some more. It's not easy to score goals on a team like that. And Tampa needs to score lots of goals to win hockey games. But the writing was on the wall for most of the series. They owned the puck against us, just like they haven't against everyone else up to this point. No matter how much you trap, it's tough to beat a team when they always have the puck and you never do.

Here's a pretty awesome article about the Hawks, Lightening, AND Wings. It's largely about how skill, speed, and puck possession have similarly contributed to all three organizations' success. But also talks a little about dynasties. As well.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/mirtle-a-stanley-cup-final-of-dynasties-past-present-and-maybe-future/article24715839/