• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2015 SCF : Chicago Blackhawks vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

Rate this topic

Jonathan Toews > > > Henrik Zetterberg AND Pavel Datsyuk

Toewser has it all!!!

Member of the Triple Gold Club - World Championship Gold Medal, Olympic Gold Medal, Stanley Cup (youngest ever)

2 time Olympic Gold Medalist

Named Captain of the Chicago Blackhawks after just 64 NHL Games (4th youngest ever)

4 time NHL All-Star

3 time Stanley Cup Winner

Conn Smythe Trophy Winner (2nd youngest ever)

Frank J. Selke Trophy Winner

Oh yeah and hes just 27 years old......................

and has the hottest WAG EVER!!! Lindsey Vecchione. :wub:

I bet he has a huge **** too LOL. :lol:

He is a phenomenal player, no doubt. Little creepy at the end there, however. But if it helps you sleep at night, yes, Toews in his prime is better than 35+ Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Nobody would disagree with that. Toews, Datsyuk and Zetterberg when comparing their primes were/are greats. It is actually a crime Hank never won any Selke trophies. And if the Eurotwins had the benefit of playing on some of the teams as stacked as Canada, they'd have no doubt been members of the triple gold club as well.

But enjoy it while you can! Great players don't stay young forever, as us Wings fans know very well. We've enjoyed cups with two generations of Wings already, while you guys are still on the first. Judging by your one and only post here, you guys probably won't handle the eventual downfall very well. We have the luxury of finding these great players while never drafting high. Time will tell if the Blackhawks can do the same. My guess is Wings fans will get a lot of enjoyment at your expense once Toews and Kane hit their mid 30's.

Toewser has it all!!!

Member of the Triple Gold Club - World Championship Gold Medal, Olympic Gold Medal, Stanley Cup (youngest ever)

Named Captain of the Chicago Blackhawks after just 64 NHL Games (4th youngest ever)

4 time NHL All-Star

This post might work better on a Pens board seeing as how they passed on Toews and have a first round pick superstar that is also 27 and is supposed to be doing all this. There's no denying the Hawks success or Toews who is clearly the most successful among Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, Stamkos, etc. But Wings fans don't care. As far as we're concerned, once we're finished rebuilding your dynasty will be over.

Edited by xtrememachine1

He is a phenomenal player, no doubt. Little creepy at the end there, however. But if it helps you sleep at night, yes, Toews in his prime is better than 35+ Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Nobody would disagree with that. Toews, Datsyuk and Zetterberg when comparing their primes were/are greats. It is actually a crime Hank never won any Selke trophies. And if the Eurotwins had the benefit of playing on some of the teams as stacked as Canada, they'd have no doubt been members of the triple gold club as well.

But enjoy it while you can! Great players don't stay young forever, as us Wings fans know very well. We've enjoyed cups with two generations of Wings already, while you guys are still on the first. Judging by your one and only post here, you guys probably won't handle the eventual downfall very well. We have the luxury of finding these great players while never drafting high. Time will tell if the Blackhawks can do the same. My guess is Wings fans will get a lot of enjoyment at your expense once Toews and Kane hit their mid 30's.

People have said this stuff for years around here. I'm still waiting for their mini-dynasty to fall apart. It's still not happened.

This post might work better on a Pens board seeing as how they passed on Toews and have a first round pick superstar that is also 27 and is supposed to be doing all this. There's no denying the Hawks success or Toews who is clearly the most successful among Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, Stamkos, etc. But Wings fans don't care. As far as we're concerned, once we're finished rebuilding your dynasty will be over.

Except we don't have a Tayes, Kane or Keith type prospect in our system. As others here always point out, we don't draft high enough for that. We're a long way away from contending, even though we almost beat Tampa in the first round and almost beat Chicago a few years ago. I almost scored with a hot blonde once who was out of my league. Does that mean I will score with many hot blondes out of my league in the future?

Edited by GMRwings1983

People have said this stuff for years around here. I'm still waiting for their mini-dynasty to fall apart. It's still not happened.

Well, yeah. Their best players are still in their prime. But when they do age, their best forwards and dmen will age out at the same time.

Except we don't have a Tayes, Kane or Keith type prospect in our system. As others here always point out, we don't draft high enough for that. We're a long way away from contending, even though we almost beat Tampa in the first round and almost beat Chicago a few years ago. I almost scored with a hot blonde once who was out of my league. Does that mean I will score with many hot blondes out of my league in the future?

True. We don't have a Toews, Kane or Keith prospect in our system and you're right, we don't draft high enough to get those types of players. However, what we do get are a bunch of Zetterberg and Datsyuk type players and since they're not high end superstars, come at a reasonable cap hit that allow us to get more talent and become a well rounded team with depth. Depth is key to being successful in the playoffs. While Chicago has had those types of players AND depth, eventually something will give with Toews and Kane's big $10.5 mil per year contracts hit the books this upcoming season. As for the Wings, we're not as far off from contending as you might think. Honestly, I think this team just needs to fix up its defense and quit hoping Smith, Quincy, Ericsson or Kindl turn into something special. We have plenty of good forwards in talent and depth. If we could get the back end solid again, we'll be contenders for the Cup very quickly.

True. We don't have a Toews, Kane or Keith prospect in our system and you're right, we don't draft high enough to get those types of players. However, what we do get are a bunch of Zetterberg and Datsyuk type players and since they're not high end superstars, come at a reasonable cap hit that allow us to get more talent and become a well rounded team with depth. Depth is key to being successful in the playoffs. While Chicago has had those types of players AND depth, eventually something will give with Toews and Kane's big $10.5 mil per year contracts hit the books this upcoming season. As for the Wings, we're not as far off from contending as you might think. Honestly, I think this team just needs to fix up its defense and quit hoping Smith, Quincy, Ericsson or Kindl turn into something special. We have plenty of good forwards in talent and depth. If we could get the back end solid again, we'll be contenders for the Cup very quickly.

We haven't drafted a Datsyuk or Zetterberg type player in 15 years. Those were diamonds in the rough but that was a while back. And please don't compare Nyquist or Tatar to them until they become elite, top 10 caliber players.

I'm curious who the "bunch of Zetterberg and Datsyuk type players" you refer to are.

Toewser has it all!!!

4 time NHL All-Star

You were doing so good, made it 3/4 through a post and you blew it!

His offense scored zero goals in game 7 vs Tampa. But yes, all Henrik's fault :rolleyes:

He is always up for criticism when he gets a "King" nickname. He's basically another Luongo. Dude is solid but I would never categorize him in the Top 10 best goalies ever to play therefore he is no king to me until he starts putting up Roy,Hasek and Border playoff numbers.

We haven't drafted a Datsyuk or Zetterberg type player in 15 years. Those were diamonds in the rough but that was a while back. And please don't compare Nyquist or Tatar to them until they become elite, top 10 caliber players.

I'm curious who the "bunch of Zetterberg and Datsyuk type players" you refer to are.

I'm not going to compare Nyquist and Tatar to elite players when they were in their prime, but I am going to compare them to when they first got into the league. Nyquist and Tatar are showing a ton of promise just like Datsyuk and Zetterberg did back in 02, 03 and 04. I feel like Nyquist is every bit as good as Zetterberg was in his first couple years. Their numbers are actually pretty similar too. As for Tatar, he scored more goals in his second full NHL season than he ever has in his career with 29. The guy is only 24 years old. He also put up more points than Datsyuk after his first two NHL seasons. I'll be really interested to see what the 23 year old Pulkkinen can do with a full season in the NHL after putting up 34 goals in 46 games in the AHL. Not to mention we still technically don't know what we have in Mantha yet and Dylan Larkin has been showing tons of promise. We also just signed Axel Holmstrom, who was Sweden’s junior hockey player of the year. Maybe none of them will pan out or maybe all of them will, who knows? But saying we haven't been drafting well over the past 15 seasons isn't true. If you want to be pessimistic, that's up to you, but there's a ton to be excited about. We're not going away anytime soon. :)

I'm not going to compare Nyquist and Tatar to elite players when they were in their prime, but I am going to compare them to when they first got into the league. Nyquist and Tatar are showing a ton of promise just like Datsyuk and Zetterberg did back in 02, 03 and 04. I feel like Nyquist is every bit as good as Zetterberg was in his first couple years. Their numbers are actually pretty similar too. As for Tatar, he scored more goals in his second full NHL season than he ever has in his career with 29. The guy is only 24 years old. He also put up more points than Datsyuk after his first two NHL seasons. I'll be really interested to see what the 23 year old Pulkkinen can do with a full season in the NHL after putting up 34 goals in 46 games in the AHL. Not to mention we still technically don't know what we have in Mantha yet and Dylan Larkin has been showing tons of promise. We also just signed Axel Holmstrom, who was Sweden’s junior hockey player of the year. Maybe none of them will pan out or maybe all of them will, who knows? But saying we haven't been drafting well over the past 15 seasons isn't true. If you want to be pessimistic, that's up to you, but there's a ton to be excited about. We're not going away anytime soon. :)

I didn't say we haven't been drafting well. I just don't see any comparison or potential comparison between our young players and guys like Toews, Kane and Keith, who were stars as soon as they hit the league. That's the benefit of drafting high.

We got lucky with Datsyuk and Zetterberg, but we don't monopolize scouting overseas like we once did. Teams are more cognizant now of young European players and draft there more frequently.

Yes, it's possible Nyquist and Tatar will be the next Datsyuk and Zetterberg, but I don't see it.

Nyquist and Tatar's numbers are very comparable to Dats and Zetterberg's at their respective ages, but given that neither of them are centers they're never going to have the kind of positive impact on a team that Dats and Z could have. It's the same reason Kane can score WAY more than Toews, and still be the less valuable player.

There's every reason to believe that Nyquist and Tatar will be game changing wingers in the NHL when they reach their individual peaks. But there's no reason to believe that will be enough to win Cups. If your best players are wingers (Winnipeg, Rangers, Montreal, Washington, Toronto, Ottawa, etc.) you're probably in trouble.

Edited by kipwinger

I didn't say we haven't been drafting well. I just don't see any comparison or potential comparison between our young players and guys like Toews, Kane and Keith, who were stars as soon as they hit the league. That's the benefit of drafting high.

We got lucky with Datsyuk and Zetterberg, but we don't monopolize scouting overseas like we once did. Teams are more cognizant now of young European players and draft there more frequently.

Yes, it's possible Nyquist and Tatar will be the next Datsyuk and Zetterberg, but I don't see it.

Right, you said we haven't drafted a Datsyuk/Zetterberg type in 15 years. Then I said how similar Nyquist and Tatar are to those two after their first two years in the NHL. I'm not arguing that we have guys like Toews, Kane and Keith because as I said before we don't draft high enough. What we get are players like Zetterberg and Datsyuk and have a team with depth instead of top heavy talent that eat up tons of cap space. We never monopolized scouting overseas. Teams scouting young Euro talent has been going on for decades (Stastny, Kurri, Naslund, Forsberg, Jagr, Alfredsson, Hasek, etc). We've just been doing a better job and apparently are continuing to do a better job because we have plenty of high end prospects in our system despite poor draft positions.

Maybe its just your pessimism bleeding through, but how could you not see Nyquist and Tatar becoming the next Z and D when, statistically, they were as good if not better? Maybe its just a gut call on your part, but this situation seems really similar to 2004 when people were discussing if Z and D were going to be able to replace Yzerman and Fedorov and that we were going into a rebuilding phase.

Right, you said we haven't drafted a Datsyuk/Zetterberg type in 15 years. Then I said how similar Nyquist and Tatar are to those two after their first two years in the NHL. I'm not arguing that we have guys like Toews, Kane and Keith because as I said before we don't draft high enough. What we get are players like Zetterberg and Datsyuk and have a team with depth instead of top heavy talent that eat up tons of cap space. We never monopolized scouting overseas. Teams scouting young Euro talent has been going on for decades (Stastny, Kurri, Naslund, Forsberg, Jagr, Alfredsson, Hasek, etc). We've just been doing a better job and apparently are continuing to do a better job because we have plenty of high end prospects in our system despite poor draft positions.

Maybe its just your pessimism bleeding through, but how could you not see Nyquist and Tatar becoming the next Z and D when, statistically, they were as good if not better? Maybe its just a gut call on your part, but this situation seems really similar to 2004 when people were discussing if Z and D were going to be able to replace Yzerman and Fedorov and that we were going into a rebuilding phase.

I just don't see it. I don't know why. I just don't have that gut feeling about those guys. Then again, I'm not a scout.

Maybe it's my "pessimism bleeding through". Please don't make me post pictures of Nietzsche and George Costanza again.

I just don't see it. I don't know why. I just don't have that gut feeling about those guys. Then again, I'm not a scout.

Maybe it's my "pessimism bleeding through". Please don't make me post pictures of Nietzsche and George Costanza again.

There have got to be better icons for your school of thought than those two. Maybe David Hume?

Regardless of their views on skepticism, I'd be disinclined to associate myself with a syphilitic nihilist and a whiny, self serving, New Yorker.

There have got to be better icons for your school of thought than those two. Maybe David Hume?

Regardless of their views on skepticism, I'd be disinclined to associate myself with a syphilitic nihilist and a whiny, self serving, New Yorker.

It could be worse. I could associate myself with Kip Winger.