• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

"It was thirteen years ago today....."

Rate this topic

Wow! Watching those highlights, the game seems so much slower then it does now a days. Amazing how the game evolves. I do miss that time, on paper possibly the best Wings team ever.

Edited by kliq

I remember that season. The Wings were heavy favourites to win the Cup. Only Wings fans wanted them to win the Cup. Every other fan wanted them to lose. So much pressure on the Wings in those playoffs. They got the job done though. Stevie carried us in round 1 vs the Canucks. They beat the cheapshotting Pronger and the Blues in round 2. Hasek with 2 shutouts in the last 2 games vs the Avs in round 3. Beating the Canes for the Cup. Igors triple overtime goal. Ah such great memories.

Edited by Helmethead

Yeah Holmstrom was one of a kind. He paid the price in front of the net. He never got many assists but he was a big part of so many Red Wings goals with his butt planted at the top of the crease. I miss #96 too.

Speaking of the infamous game 7 vs the Avs...the Red Wings 4th line in that game was Holmstrom-Larionov-Robitaille. I think that line scored 5 of the 7 goals. That team was stacked.

Edited by Helmethead

I remember that season. The Wings were heavy favourites to win the Cup. Only Wings fans wanted them to win the Cup. Every other fan wanted them to lose. So much pressure on the Wings in those playoffs. They got the job done though. Stevie carried us in round 1 vs the Canucks. They beat the cheapshotting Pronger and the Blues in round 2. Hasek with 2 shutouts in the last 2 games vs the Avs in round 3. Beating the Canes for the Cup. Igors triple overtime goal. Ah such great memories.

We also got a little lucky due to Cloutier not being able to stop a shot from center ice lol.

Oh, my... I miss that team and those days, so much. Baby Dats with his goal #7 - meaningless at that point, but a harbinger of things to come. I watched my recording of this game so many times, I actually had the announcers comments memorized on the goals. LOL~

Freddy Olausson! Love that guy. Igor, Nick, Dom, miss them all. But, I'm looking forward to next season, let's see what you've got, kids. :tounge:

Thanks for posting, Mikey. Fun memories!

There was never any concern on my behalf.

They're sorta like the French-Canadian hockey versions of the twin super hero tandem of 'Zan & Jayna'.

I always liked Dandenault. He played in Detroit a long time, but is one of those players no one ever talks about as a favorite.