• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
1980s24

Tampa Bay Lightning dress code for fans

Rate this topic

I really think the Captain (#19) may have lost some credibility, although i have no idea if he has a hand in this childish behavior. I attended the first Tampa home game against the Wings, with the Captain as the new GM, where over 80% of the crowd was wearing Wings sweaters, shirts, hats, etc.. now this, please see the following link. http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-06-01/tampa-bay-s-hockey-dress-code-insults-lightning-fans

To be clear, i am not alleging that the Captain had anything to do with this decision, but it is an absolute embarrassment to the Lightning organization as well their fan base. I guess once expansion teams enter the picture this type of behavior exists.

Yzerman is the General Manager of the team, he doesn't have any say in those kinds of things (to the best of my knowledge), nor is he the kind of guy that would do that.

D-bag move by the Lightning, though.

You never know. I didn't think Alexei Zhamnov was the kind of guy that would load his team with 5 North American goons and have them bully every team in the KHL. But that's what happened in Vityaz many years ago when he ran the team.

Yzerman may not have the final call, but he is one of the higher ups in the organization. How can you say he has not word in the matter?

While TB's policy is nothing short of retarded - has anyone here other than myself been to a game in Chicago while wearing your Red Wing jersey?

Hawks fans can be pretty classless turds toward visiting fans.

I remember a few years ago I was at Joe Louis West as I like to call the Hawks' barn, wearing my Yzerman jersey and a Hawk fan yelled at me, "Why are you wearing that? He doesn't even play for them anymore! And Red Wings suck!" It was then I looked at who he was wearing and it happened to be a Byfuglien one so I said, "Why are you wearing that? HE doesn'e even play for the Hawks anymore." He then tried to tell me that Byfuglien still does, and that he just bought it because Byfuglien is a, "Beast," and will win cups with the Hawks for many years to come. So I laughed in his face and left. Then some of their fans tried pushing my little brother down the stairs getting outside. It was a real...magical...expierence.

And hell I remember when Wing sweaters took up 85% of that place, they couldn't even give tickets away, what a joke.

Edited by Gordie Howe hat trick

I remember a few years ago I was at Joe Louis West as I like to call the Hawks' barn, wearing my Yzerman jersey and a Hawk fan yelled at me, "Why are you wearing that? He doesn't even play for them anymore! And Red Wings suck!" It was then I looked at who he was wearing and it happened to be a Byfuglien one so I said, "Why are you wearing that? HE doesn'e even play for the Hawks anymore." He then tried to tell me that Byfuglien still does, and that he just bought it because Byfuglien is a, "Beast," and will win cups with the Hawks for many years to come. So I laughed in his face and left. Then some of their fans tried pushing my little brother down the stairs getting outside. It was a real...magical...expierence.

And hell I remember when Wing sweaters took up 85% of that place, they couldn't even give tickets away, what a joke.

You should have put on a Chelios Wings jersey. That would have done it.

Yzerman is the General Manager of the team, he doesn't have any say in those kinds of things (to the best of my knowledge), nor is he the kind of guy that would do that.

D-bag move by the Lightning, though.

Obviously, he does. He either doesn't care or has not enough power to overrule. And, assuming worse, he actually is behind/supports.

I can't remember now, but didn't some team limit their ticket sales when they played detroit in the past. Obviously Tampa did it this year, but for some reason when I heard about that I thought it wasn't the first time. Maybe Chicago in '13? I just can't remember...any help?

I can't remember now, but didn't some team limit their ticket sales when they played detroit in the past. Obviously Tampa did it this year, but for some reason when I heard about that I thought it wasn't the first time. Maybe Chicago in '13? I just can't remember...any help?

I think it was Nashville.

I'm on the fence about this one, I respect their push to protect and promote their brand in a market that has so many transplants from everywhere else in the country, I'll give two examples why:

1. When Toronto plays at Detroit

2. Game 7 between Ducks / Hawks

In example one, when Toronto plays at Detroit, half the crowd are Leafs fans, you hear their chants, sometimes over Wings fans, and when Leafs score half the crowd erupts. As a Wings fan, that sucks seeing your own building taken over like that.

In example two, when the Hawks scored the first goal, I thought all the Hawks fans there were going to bring the place down. For a second I thought they were playing in Chicago it was that loud. Watching the game, I think all the Hawks fans got into the heads of the Ducks players, talk of the fans being the extra man on the ice I think played a big role that no one discusses.

I recall a few years ago Chelios was honored by the Blackhawks, and many boos rained down upon him when mentioning his Cup wins with Detroit.

Those fans in Chicago will eat their own young.

I'm fine with that. Less Blackhawks fans for the future.

It is for this reason, I cannot root for this team. They need to create an illusion that they have so many fans that there is no room for opposing teams fans. This is pathetic. Sorry Stevie, no offense, and I hate the Hawks, but I hope game 2 is the last we'll see played in Tampa.

I hate the Hawks, naturally, but the Bolts are really making it hard to cheer for them. Obviously, I want it for Stevie, but between the coach and all his whining and ownership or whomever came up with this idea, they come off as jerks. Jerks that I wouldn't be happy to see win the Cup. I think its another lose lose year.

About that last part... Did you ever go to the Joe in the 80's?

I recall a few years ago Chelios was honored by the Blackhawks, and many boos rained down upon him when mentioning his Cup wins with Detroit.

Those fans in Chicago will eat their own young.

I was at that game. It was pretty shocking to hear how vehemently everyone was booing the guy. Chicago's hatred for Detroit runs incredibly deep. Although I have to admit, that particular game I was in the standing room section way up in the nosebleeds, and there happened to be a ton of Wings fans around us, and the Wings fans as a whole were pretty big ****** bags. It was kind of embarrassing, honestly.

All fanbases have their share of good and bad fans.