• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

Report: Jeff Petry and Munn-tree-all ruin 2015 free agency

Rate this topic

$5.5 is quite a bit for Petry, but considering what the Wings are paying Quincey, I think they did alright.

If I were a Montreal fan, its not so much the $ amount per year that would upset me, but rather the term. 5.5 per year for 3 years I could live with. 6 years is a long time.

If I were a Montreal fan, its not so much the $ amount per year that would upset me, but rather the term. 5.5 per year for 3 years I could live with. 6 years is a long time.

True that. but that's the nature of the market i guess. Defensemen are wanting long term deals at high salaries.

I got a message from my friend who's super excited they resigned petry .... If the habs fans are happy with the money and term and will probably ***** about it in years 4-6 then let them

So long as we weren't the team that did it the contract who cares

I have a feeling that if Kenny goes to the UFA for a d-man.... it'll probably end up being Franson. He's under-performed a little the last couple of seasons (especially in Nashville) and may not command as much as Green. Who knows what might happen though. Kenny will probably just stick with the kids anyway.

I got a message from my friend who's super excited they resigned petry .... If the habs fans are happy with the money and term and will probably ***** about it in years 4-6 then let them

So long as we weren't the team that did it the contract who cares

I have no problem with Montreal giving out a dumb contract. Better for us!

Wow. That does seem like a bad deal for Montreal. Agree that it seems to make the possibility of Detroit signing Green or Franson less likely. Also, maybe makes Phaneuf's contact appear slightly more palatable...

Ken Holland will offer the same thing he always does. He'll offer the chance to make reasonable money and play for a perennial winner who treats you well. He will not, however, offer the most money. So guys who want the make the most, and don't care about anything else, won't come here. Guys who want to win, be treated well, AND make reasonable money will sign here.

Franson, Green, or anybody else will need to decide if they're in it for the money, or if they'd like to be part of an organization that's competently run and consistently successful. If the former, then we're probably better off promoting from within anyway. At least it will keep us out of cap hell.

Yeah, because Mike Babcock loves those three guys. Might as well thrown Kindl in there too. That'll really sweeten the pot.

Any potential trade for Phaneuf went right out the window the second Babs went to Toronto.

Unless it's Glendenning for Dion, straight up.

Edited by rick zombo

Unless it's Glendenning for Dion, straight up.

I can't wait to see how Toronto fans, media, etc. react to trap hockey. It's going to be soooooo sweet,. Cherry will love it. Everyone else will come falling back to earth the minute they realize their team isn't going to score goals.

That's actually not a bad price for Petry. The salary cap is going to go up again this year so people need to get over the numbers because every year they will go up. They aren't going to magically decline next year. The longer we wait to fill our needs the higher the market will get. We used to think Kronwall was way over priced and now look at his contract. A freaking steal.

Edited by Datsyukian-Deke