• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Granato possibly renegotiating contract with Wings

Rate this topic

Not good. First Hiller now Granato. I hope Blash is able to get replacements that are as good these two. Our excellent special teams are one of the main reasons we made the playoffs and if they fail to be as good we might have a big problem.

Someone asked Ansar about this in his mlive article... about him leaving

Ansar Khan | akhan1@mlive.com

26 minutes ago

@Frightening McMean Not necessarily. Granato declined his option but is working on a new contract with the Wings and said he "absolutely" wants to stay. We'll see.

Someone asked Ansar about this in his mlive article... about him leaving

Ansar Khan | akhan1@mlive.com

26 minutes ago

@Frightening McMean Not necessarily. Granato declined his option but is working on a new contract with the Wings and said he "absolutely" wants to stay. We'll see.

Perhaps working on a 3 year deal to keep the coaches and gm all in sync

Not as bad as losing Hiller I think. Though our PK started off on fire, it ended up being our worst season since '08-09. Defense wasn't anything special either. I'm sure we can find a good replacement.

Not as bad as losing Hiller I think. Though our PK started off on fire, it ended up being our worst season since '08-09. Defense wasn't anything special either. I'm sure we can find a good replacement.

Was Hiller the one who started that goofy backpass-at-the-blueline move?

I hated that move.

That's been going on for at least 5 years.

Yeah, a lot of other teams have adopted it, too. Kronwall is just a klutz sometimes and doesn't always think to take advantage of the open ice in front of him when the opposing fore-checker drops behind him in anticipation.

Was Hiller the one who started that goofy backpass-at-the-blueline move?

I hated that move.

That's been going on for at least 5 years.

It's also one of the few things that are somewhat effective against the semi-trap 3-man front most teams use on the PK these days. Not sure why everyone hates it so much.

The entire coaching staff leaving is fine by me.

I happen to be of the opinion that Blashill needs to hire his own assistants.

It has been said Blash wants Granato to stay. Something about having someone who has been in the league for a while on his staff.

I don't know where else to put discussion of the vacant GR head coaching job...

But former Griffin, and former Oilers coach Todd Nelson is in the running for the top spot in GR. Along with Derek LaMonde, coach of the Toledo Walleye, and Kris Knoblauch of the Erie McDavids...errr....Otters.

Not really sure who I like out of these three given that I haven't seen much of them. First impressions about Nelson and Knoblauch aren't great. They both coached world class players to underwhelming results. But I'm not sure if there's mitigating circumstances in each case. I know the Oilers are a dumpster fire, but how do you not win big with McDavid and Strome in Erie?