• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jacksoni

Jeff Blashill named 27th head coach in Red Wings history

Rate this topic

It's coming up. Can also be viewed live at

http://video.redwings.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=616&id=828763〈=en&navid=DL|NHL|home

And here's the direct link at freep:

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2015/06/09/jeff-blashill-red-wings-coach/28729753/

updated the links

Edited by Jacksoni

Now, tweets are flying that Chelios will indeed, join the coaching staff.

Wow! I wish I could ask for the lottery numbers and get an answer that quickly!

With Chelly and Granato (possibly re-signing) could this be the 1st All-American born coaching staff in NHL history?

Guest sexywingsfan

:clap: :clap: :clap: Only 400.000 a years, Bobcock make 6.2 millions, Detroit the cheapest team on the earth :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I love Chelly being an assistant. Awesome.

Yeah same. I'm excited. Great move.

Although...with Granato and Chelly...who is handling the PP?

Can you have 3 assistants?

Yeah same. I'm excited. Great move.

Although...with Granato and Chelly...who is handling the PP?

Can you have 3 assistants?

I don't like the addition of Chelios. I mean, I love the guy and all. But I don't want to add an assistant coach with ZERO coaching experience to a head coach with no NHL coaching experience. Unless Chelios is going to replace Granato and Blash is going to get someone with some NHL powerplay experience, I don't want him.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Only 400.000 a years, Bobcock make 6.2 millions, Detroit the cheapest team on the earth :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Blashill made 400,000 coaching in the AHL. Nothing cheap about that. And while I'm not 100% certain, I'd expect with the new four year contract comes a new salary.

Love It!!!

I'm assuming Granato will take over the forwards and power-play and Chelios will take over the defense and penalty-kill?

It would only make sense to have the forward take over the offense and the defenseman take over the defense... wouldn't it?...

If the word on Chelios is true....I can't wait for him to give orders to run an opposing player through the boards. He's got the street cred to give that order, and it would probably be wise to follow.

Hoping he would have some input into personnel and push to get players who can provide us with a little more edge/nastiness. I don't believe his voice will have a ton of influence (at the beginning) in terms of personnel, but it's at least encouraging to (potentially) see one of the all time greats in terms of nastiness behind our bench.

Edited by Learn2LuvIt

I don't like the addition of Chelios. I mean, I love the guy and all. But I don't want to add an assistant coach with ZERO coaching experience to a head coach with no NHL coaching experience. Unless Chelios is going to replace Granato and Blash is going to get someone with some NHL powerplay experience, I don't want him.

Thank you. I dont know why people are getting so excited. We will officially have 2 coaches with zero NHL head coaching/assistant coaching experience. Its like we see Chelios's name and get excited without thinking abput possible consequences.

Remember when Gretzky tried to coach. Don't have your hopes up just because Chelios was a great player. He's by no means a savior.

Edited by kickazz

Great news regarding most importantly Granato but also Chelios.

Never quit attitude, played as hard as he could until the age of 47. Superb d-man. 3 time Norris trophy winner.

A rock and an asset in any team.

He would be an assistant coach not a head coach. The man played a quarter of a century in the NHL. That has to count for something. Its called experience. Chelly has it. He will have the respect of the players. He will see things on the ice that Blashill will not see. I don't understand how having Chelly behind the bench is a bad thing. I think its great. Nothing is official yet so I shouldnt too excited. Lol