• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

Here we go AGAIN - Coyotes, part DUH!

Rate this topic

Couldn't find any of the numerous other threads about the 'Yotes being homeless, so here's one more.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/coyotes-deny-breach-of-arena-lease-agreement/

City of Glendale meeting to discuss Coyotes lease
The latest development surfaced when members of the Glendale City Council reportedly were concerned that IceArizona had breached its 15-year, $225 million arena lease with the city by using the $15 million a year it receives from Glendale to pay down debt incurred when the group purchased the team.

The quote from the last paragraph from the link made me chuckle: It's likely going to take time for Arizona to become a contending team, but once it does, the fans should follow.

Yeah they'll follow them alright. They'll follow them when they go on vacation to Vegas.

Nothing says "successful location" like having to win Cups constantly in order to hold more than a few thousand fans' interest. A good location should be pulling in at least a decent amount even when the team struggles. Yes, attendance and sales go down when teams suck, but the "real" franchises still get someone to show up.

Nothing says "successful location" like having to win Cups constantly in order to hold more than a few thousand fans' interest. A good location should be pulling in at least a decent amount even when the team struggles. Yes, attendance and sales go down when teams suck, but the "real" franchises still get someone to show up.

While I agree its probably time to give up on Phoenix, or Arizona, or whatever, I do think its worth mentioning that it wasn't all that long ago that Mike Illitch had to give away cars to get people into seats at Joe Louis arena.

Maybe put them in a location in Phoenix that doesn't suck to get to? Anything I've heard from people I know that live there is no one goes to the games because a lot of them start close to rush hour and that rink is a huge pain in the ass to get to.

Nhl declares war on Glendale after city council votes to terminate Coyotes lease, retaliates by suing them for 200 million.

This is going to end badly for someone.

Just move the team already. Geez.