• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Wings open to trading Mantha and/or their 1st Round Pick

Rate this topic

"Reporter" asks, " Would you be willing to trade the 1st or maybe a player like Mantha? "

'source' says, " Look, if someone wants to blow us away with an offer then of course I would consider it, I'm not doing my job otherwise. "

"Reporter" prints, " Wings open to moving 1st/Mantha. "

Fans use whatever scrap of evidence to support their personal feelings and the sun sets.

For an organization rapidly embracing a full youth movement, there doesn't seem to be much logic behind giving up Mantha and/or a first round pick. I personally don't buy it and hope Holland stays the course at this point. If drafting and developing is your thing, then you don't sacrifice that for Dion Phaneuf. Maybe three years ago with a younger Pav and Z, but not anymore.

For an organization rapidly embracing a full youth movement, there doesn't seem to be much logic behind giving up Mantha and/or a first round pick. I personally don't buy it and hope Holland stays the course at this point. If drafting and developing is your thing, then you don't sacrifice that for Dion Phaneuf. Maybe three years ago with a younger Pav and Z, but not anymore.

Agree 100%, unless we can land a top pairing dman in/entering their prime.

Mantha's issue isn't scoring or conditioning, it's playing hard every shift. Sometimes that can be learned, sometimes not.

Wings won't trade him or the first for a second pair D or second line forward though, I don't think. If there's a deal involving one or both, it will be big, and if it's for Phaneuf Toronto will need to retain salary

I have to say that JD really hurt Mantha's trade value when he publicly stated that he was disappointed with his performance. Although, if Mantha's last season with Griffs had been much better, this wouldn't be a conversation.

I'm in agreement that Mantha needs another full training camp and season with the Griffs before the Wings give up on him.

Edited by Vladiator

Boy this kid must have pissed Devellano off.

Big, physical and a future powerforward so that's to be expected. Wings need another soft as butter 180 lbs player.

Sadly the decision seems to be Develano > Mantha when it should be vise versa that guy should have been fired back in 2012

Edited by frankgrimes

Bring in OEL and call it a deal. No problem there. Maybe the organization is having other issues with Mantha. The problem may not be just his performance on the ice. Ether way I remember Kenny said on TV when asked about Mantha. He said that no one is untouchable. If the deal is right then let it be. I just hope we get that elusive D we have been looking for.

Damien Cox @DamoSpin 1m1 minute ago

Btw, if Wings had been willing to move Mantha at trade deadline, Dion Phaneuf would have become a Red Wing.

This is kind of a funny comment, I heard something similar from someone in the Toronto media after the deadline, it's like they're trying to convince people teams are actually interested in their overpriced players... I still have a hard time believing the Wings were seriously interested in Phaneuf, other then upping the trade value. It would have been a Salary Cap nightmare.

Maybe with Mantha and a 1st round pick Holland can move up in the draft? We don't have cap room to add anyone.

Far from given up on mantha and I want to see him play a full year in Grand Rapids and not trade him in (unless it's for a oliver ekman larsson type which won't happen )but he's sounding a bit delusional

Found this article from the 9th

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2015/06/09/ca-nous-donne-un-avantage---anthony-mantha

It's in french .... He's basically saying since jeff Blashill is the new coach it gives him and ouellet a chance to make the team next season since he knows them, and he went on about how great a coach he is and told him he needs to be more competitive on a daily basis and that he's got all the tools to make it

After last season I think he should be more concerned into turning things around with Grand Rapids rather than talk about his chances of being a redwing are now up cause Blashill is there

That being said I read somewhere he's already hard at the gym training for next season which is good news

These were his exact words translated ...

The fact that Blashill got promoted it's certainly to our advantage ... He's seen us play all year and knows what were capable of , he's tried to develop us all year so we get to the nhl

He's an exceptional coach ... He's taught me a lot , explained to me what I need to do to improve my game to play in the nhl

According to him I got all the abilities necessary but I need to improve my competitiveness and bring it to another level, which is what we worked on

Edited by nyqvististhefuture