• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Wings open to trading Mantha and/or their 1st Round Pick

Rate this topic

Damien Cox @DamoSpin 2m2 minutes ago

At deadline, DET unwilling to move either first round pick or prospect Anthony Mantha. Now willing to deal either or both.

Damien Cox @DamoSpin 1m1 minute ago

Btw, if Wings had been willing to move Mantha at trade deadline, Dion Phaneuf would have become a Red Wing.

Edited by HockeytownRules19

What would you guys think of a deal revolving around Mantha and Ryan Ellis? Nashville already has Weber and Jones on the right side, and they don't really have another high-end young forward after Forsberg.

I'd also be interested in Sami Vatanen from Anaheim, but I don't think they'd give him up for Mantha.

Cox is really not a reliable source. Would like to see a better source report this, like MacKenzie first.

elliott friedman also confirmed it. Very reliable source there.

Maybe they'll whip up a package including Mantha and our first to try and get the Yote's first rounder :lol:

We have a glaring gap for a 1-2 D man and a second line power forward ( a " What Weiss was supposed to be")

If Mantha can be part of the bait that brings a legit defenseman here, I think this team is closer to a contending team than most would think.

I don't want to trade Mantha, but in the right deal I would for sure. Our 2015 1st round pick, Mantha, Ouellet / Marchenko for a top 4 defenseman...

Package to Colorado for Erik Johnson, to Winnipeg for Jacob Trouba, or to Carolina for Justin Faulk... Absolutely.

If Kenny is giving up Mantha and a 1st can't he do better than Phaneuf? I hope so.

Well, we could have probably had Phaneuf without the first. Ideally Mantha and the 1st gets us a top dman. If not, use a Mantha package for Dion and still have a first to play with.

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 2m2 minutes ago

At deadline, DET unwilling to move either first round pick or prospect Anthony Mantha. Now willing to deal either or both.

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 1m1 minute ago

Btw, if Wings had been willing to move Mantha at trade deadline, Dion Phaneuf would have become a Red Wing.

A first and mantha for Phaneuf and his 7 million cap hit even now we'd get f***ed

I don't pay attention to anything damian cox says .... And for everyone who's thinking mantha is a bust bnd is willing to part with him should really thank twice .... Mantha came in missing camp and a bunch of games, it's wayyyyyyyyyyyy to soon to say he's a bust and be ok with trading a big man who can shoot

It's just ridiculous

6 months ago I'd like like nooooooooooo. But with how quickly Larkin is coming along, and the emergence of guys like Little Bert, all is well if it is for the right piece. Gonna be an interesting summer for sure!

Everyone's just willing to give up on him cause he didn't score 50 goals in 50 games .... We need to see him play a full season next year before trading him off

I don't want to trade Mantha, but in the right deal I would for sure. Our 2015 1st round pick, Mantha, Ouellet / Marchenko for a top 4 defenseman...

Package to Colorado for Erik Johnson, to Winnipeg for Jacob Trouba, or to Carolina for Justin Faulk... Absolutely.

I'd only consider it if winnipeg gave us trouba which won't happen with big buff being a ufa after next year

Mantha ouellet and the 19th pick which could be a good pick or turn into 2 good picks if be trade back is a big price

Again ... Mantha needs to play a full season in Grand Rapids before making anything we could very well regret

Cox is a TERRIBLE source. So most likely you can forget all this, bc kennys not going to do anything.

It's also been on CBC.

Everyone's just willing to give up on him cause he didn't score 50 goals in 50 games .... We need to see him play a full season next year before trading him off

No. We are just reasonable and can accept giving him up if it addresses a team need, like a top pairing Dman.