• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Wings open to trading Mantha and/or their 1st Round Pick

Rate this topic

http://thehockeywriters.com/3-possible-trade-destinations-for-stephen-weiss/

Possible Trade destinations for Stephen Weiss.

Edit: be forewarned, they're pretty farfetched.

Wow. They will let anyone write for that site, huh?

Edited by e_prime

Arizona is rebuilding and they are looking to save not to spend money, so I doubt they'd trade for a veteran .

Nashville would make sense but I am sure they'd be asking for something in return of they take in that contract maybe Jurco ?

Canucks are trying to get younger they are rebuilding this year so yeah

Edited by frankgrimes

As far as Arizona goes though, they may be trying to reach the cap floor.

That's the only way I see us getting rid of Weiss, honestly.

Swapping Weiss with semin at the tdl doesn't seem like a horrible option, assuming were still competing(I expect us to be) then maybe moving to a competitive team could spark semin to put in more of an effort.

They both have 3 years left, and If we sent them something appealing along with Weiss, I'd imagine they'd be fine with retaining enough salary to where the buyout would be similar if he still sucks at years end.

Swapping Weiss with semin at the tdl doesn't seem like a horrible option, assuming were still competing(I expect us to be) then maybe moving to a competitive team could spark semin to put in more of an effort.

They both have 3 years left, and If we sent them something appealing along with Weiss, I'd imagine they'd be fine with retaining enough salary to where the buyout would be similar if he still sucks at years end.

I appreciate the fact that you want to bring someone to the team that fans would hate more than Franzen... it's so nice of you to want to deflect the hate away from the Mule. Semin is the current model of inconsistency in player performance.

Honestly, I'd rather keep or buyout Weiss at 4.9 than be agonizing over buying out Semin at 7 million next year... and I don't wanna hear anything about how awesome it would be for him to be on Datsyuk's wing. No. No. No.

Edited by e_prime

I know we're no longer known as being a physically "tough" team but I never want to see Bongos on this team. I feel like his presence would inspire the rest of the guys to stop hitting all together.

Honestly, I still reckon Weiss will be bought out. As for the D, I'd actually be pretty happy if they jettisoned Kindl, and gave Ouellet and Marchenko a permanent shot, and see what happens.

As for Mantha, they should keep hold of him. If after a second season in the AHL, it's obvious he isn't what the Wings thought they had, then they can trade him. But you can't just trade him away because he had one bad year.

Honestly, I still reckon Weiss will be bought out. As for the D, I'd actually be pretty happy if they jettisoned Kindl, and gave Ouellet and Marchenko a permanent shot, and see what happens.

As for Mantha, they should keep hold of him. If after a second season in the AHL, it's obvious he isn't what the Wings thought they had, then they can trade him. But you can't just trade him away because he had one bad year.

It takes value to get value. If they trade Mantha it won't be giving up on him, it will be to get a good established player. I'm not sure why so many people don't understand this concept.

I appreciate the fact that you want to bring someone to the team that fans would hate more than Franzen... it's so nice of you to want to deflect the hate away from the Mule. Semin is the current model of inconsistency in player performance.

Honestly, I'd rather keep or buyout Weiss at 4.9 than be agonizing over buying out Semin at 7 million next year... and I don't wanna hear anything about how awesome it would be for him to be on Datsyuk's wing. No. No. No.

Ha I never said I wanted that to happen.

And If they retained enough to make the salary the same, the buyout would be the same.

Unless the team buying him out is responsible for the whole salary in this case, if that's how it works, than I wouldn't even think about it.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

There has been a little talk about Zach Hyman coming here, but seems like our former coach is trying to pull one over on us.

FLA traded Hyman and a conditional 7th round pick (conditional on whether Hyman signs) to TO for Greg McKegg.

We must stop this former coach from stealing the guys we want!!! He must be stopped!

There has been a little talk about Zach Hyman coming here, but seems like our former coach is trying to pull one over on us.

FLA traded Hyman and a conditional 7th round pick (conditional on whether Hyman signs) to TO for Greg McKegg.

We must stop this former coach from stealing the guys we want!!! He must be stopped!

Hyman seems overrated to me. He was never good until Larkin was his C man. Let Toronto have him, and then let Babs cry when he doesn't have Larkin.

I've heard numerous times in numerous different articles that Larkin was a Red Wings fan growing up, but he wasn't. He was a Leafs fan...

This is him at last years Winter Classic in the Big House with his Leafs hat on...

post-20837-0-64060800-1435265262_thumb.jpg

Also... 2:18

Edited by krsmith17