• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
frankgrimes

Jets re-sign Anthony Peluso for only 675.000 AAV (2 years)

Rate this topic

So you're saying he does one thing more than Andersson can do?

And as I said, he was a scratch because they have other guys that can play that role. They're not lacking in that department.

Yeah, Chris Thorburn is a more versatile Peluso.

It'll be interesting to see if the so-called "goon" continues to fade. There was a long list of players beginning last summer who weren't signed to NHL contracts (Barch, Westgarth), and the ones that had contracts were buried in the minors very early on in the year (Orr, Rosehill, McLaren, Carkner and eventually McGrattan).

I would like to take my initial comment "is this thread for real" back. This is some great reading material... I personally like the NHL 2000 comment (no idea if that guy is serious or not but give yourself a pat on the back)

Oh and Mike Peluso is absolutely garbage

*Insert random scrub* + willing to fight = best 4th liner in the league

Peluso is definitely garbage, but he's getting paid garbage. Garbage also has it's place, though. A tough fourth liner that gets 6 or 7 minutes a night, with other guys in the same role, has only one objective...physical intimidation. That's something we don't have for 30 seconds. I'd be happy with this signing.

Peluso is definitely garbage, but he's getting paid garbage. Garbage also has it's place, though. A tough fourth liner that gets 6 or 7 minutes a night, with other guys in the same role, has only one objective...physical intimidation. That's something we don't have for 30 seconds. I'd be happy with this signing.

Bingo. I'd be totally cool with paying someone like him that kind of money to play 50 games a season.

Andersson can win faceoffs and kill penalties, two things Peluso can't do. He's a scratch because he sucks, he is not even close to being one of the best 4th liners in the NHL. Maybe the AHL though.

Andersson doesn't do anything all that well. I would trade him straight up for Peluso with no additional compensation.

At least a few people understand the role of a fourth liner. But I'm not surprised the usual flower power fans don't.

I'd trade Anderson and Miller every time for one Peluso and his bargain of a cap hit. So what if he plays 6 minutes a night instead of 8 ..

At least a few people understand the role of a fourth liner. But I'm not surprised the usual flower power fans don't.

I'd trade Anderson and Miller every time for one Peluso and his bargain of a cap hit. So what if he plays 6 minutes a night instead of 8 ..

Awesome. Why don't you explain your definition of a 4th liner to Stan Bowman or Steve Yzerman? You know, the GMs of the two teams that played for the Stanley Cup. I'm sure they'd love to hear your opinion. That's if you can catch them when they're not busy making hemp bracelets and smoking grass. Peace man. Groovy peace.

making hemp bracelets and smoking grass.

There can be intersections between the hockey truculence crowd and the hippie movement, you know :)

Personally, I'd like to see a guy like Gregory Campbell here. Not sure if we're going to have room on the 4th line, though. If we end up looking for a top 6 forward, I'd like to see us pursue Chris Stewart or Matt Beleskey, though Beleskey will be grossly overpaid.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

There can be intersections between the hockey truculence crowd and the hippie movement, you know :)

Personally, I'd like to see a guy like Gregory Campbell here. Not sure if we're going to have room on the 4th line, though. If we end up looking for a top 6 forward, I'd like to see us pursue Chris Stewart or Matt Beleskey, though Beleskey will be grossly overpaid.

Whyyyyyy is Chris Stewart always so popular??? Seriously? He'd make Franzen look like Luke Glendening.

My only guess is that it's because he's perpetually available (I wonder why) and he's big. Is that why? Here in Buffalo the Sabres couldn't get him out of their locker room fast enough.

Awesome. Why don't you explain your definition of a 4th liner to Stan Bowman or Steve Yzerman? You know, the GMs of the two teams that played for the Stanley Cup. I'm sure they'd love to hear your opinion. That's if you can catch them when they're not busy making hemp bracelets and smoking grass. Peace man. Groovy peace.

Are you insinuating that Bowman and Yzerman do no currently know the definition of a fourth liner? There are no hard and fast rules regarding fourth liners, let alone third, second, and first liners. Some have a use for them, some do not. If every teams lines were the same, nobody would win and nobody would lose. Some teams could put to use a gritty fourth line, and some teams have an absolute need for one. Some teams don't need one at all. We have four lines getting pushed around by little fellas that got stuffed into lockers in high school, so I think we need one.

Are you insinuating that Bowman and Yzerman do no currently know the definition of a fourth liner? There are no hard and fast rules regarding fourth liners, let alone third, second, and first liners. Some have a use for them, some do not. If every teams lines were the same, nobody would win and nobody would lose. Some teams could put to use a gritty fourth line, and some teams have an absolute need for one. Some teams don't need one at all. We have four lines getting pushed around by little fellas that got stuffed into lockers in high school, so I think we need one.

Despite the hyperbole, I agree. I'd also like a fighter on this team. However I'd like one that can actually play hockey as well. They exist.

Whyyyyyy is Chris Stewart always so popular??? Seriously? He'd make Franzen look like Luke Glendening.

My only guess is that it's because he's perpetually available (I wonder why) and he's big. Is that why? Here in Buffalo the Sabres couldn't get him out of their locker room fast enough.

I mean, Ken digs reclamation projects, and the guy is still young (27). Why not give him a chance? I've heard similar things about his attitude too, though.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Despite the hyperbole, I agree. I'd also like a fighter on this team. However I'd like one that can actually play hockey as well. They exist.

Name some who you think we actually have a chance to sign, with Kenny "I faint at the sign of blood" Holland at the helm?

Name some who you think we actually have a chance to sign, with Kenny "I faint at the sign of blood" Holland at the helm?

Chance to sign? Like this offseason? I'm not sure who's available

Guys I wouldn't mind adding though: Prust, Roussel, Matt Martin, Downie, Maroon, Prout, Gaustad, Ott... With Prust or Martin as my first choices

What annoys me is the constant clamoring for ANYONE who will fight. Just cause a guy fights doesn't mean he's automatically good or would be a good addition. Remember Tootoo? If we can get a guy that fights and actually has some abilities that pertain to pro hockey - and can use them in our system - then sign me up.

Paying (any price) and giving a roster spot to a guy for an entire season, whose only going to be useful during the 3 total minutes he spent fighting, is just dumb.

He can't play hockey at an NHL level. Period.

Chance to sign? Like this offseason? I'm not sure who's available

Guys I wouldn't mind adding though: Prust, Roussel, Matt Martin, Downie, Maroon, Prout, Gaustad, Ott... With Prust or Martin as my first choices

I would love those players on the Wings, but I have no faith that Holland would ever sign any such player. His track record shows he doesn't like it. He's never actively pursued these types of players before. Yeah, he signed Tootoo, but then Tootoo couldn't ever get on the ice. You can blame that on Babcock, but the pro Babcock crowd blamed Holland. I guess we'll find out whose fault it was in the future.

Okay I'll try to explain this as easy as possible :

Cheap fourth liners which are paid near league minimum AND entertain the fans = more money for the top lines , pairings and in the owners pocket.

Matt Martin would be a dream come true but he is too young, big and tough enough for the front office.

Okay I'll try to explain this as easy as possible :

Cheap fourth liners which are paid near league minimum AND entertain the fans = more money for the top lines , pairings and in the owners pocket.

Matt Martin would be a dream come true but he is too young, big and tough enough for the front office.

Need money for the top lines? Trade Someone away

Pairings?

Entertain the fans? I don't care how many times a team fights when they're losing all their games. Hockey first, then fighting

I would love those players on the Wings, but I have no faith that Holland would ever sign any such player. His track record shows he doesn't like it. He's never actively pursued these types of players before. Yeah, he signed Tootoo, but then Tootoo couldn't ever get on the ice. You can blame that on Babcock, but the pro Babcock crowd blamed Holland. I guess we'll find out whose fault it was in the future.

So what this is an anti-holland thread now?

You know who he definitely won't sign? An insignificant scrub like Anthony Peluso