• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
frankgrimes

Jets re-sign Anthony Peluso for only 675.000 AAV (2 years)

Rate this topic

Okay I'll try to explain this as easy as possible :

Cheap fourth liners which are paid near league minimum AND entertain the fans = more money for the top lines , pairings and in the owners pocket.

Matt Martin would be a dream come true but he is too young, big and tough enough for the front office.

Ahhhh. It's like a light just went on in my head. Thanks!!

Need money for the top lines? Trade Someone away

Pairings?

Entertain the fans? I don't care how many times a team fights when they're losing all their games. Hockey first, then fighting

So what this is an anti-holland thread now?

You know who he definitely won't sign? An insignificant scrub like Anthony Peluso

He won't sign any of those players you listed either.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's the off season and we're bored, I get it, but let's have some standards, shall we? Say it with me - "Keep it on topic!"

Well, there's only so much you can say about Anthony Peluso that hasn't already been mentioned.

And that was how long ago?

What were your comments about fighters?

2013-14 season. Aka last season.

That u, and most other fight fans around here, basically have no standards when it comes to enforcers. You'll take any pylon willing to fight.

That u, and most other fight fans around here, basically have no standards when it comes to enforcers. You'll take any pylon willing to fight.

I'd never want a guy like Peter Worrell on this team.

...Unless he got top 6 minutes. :w00t:

Is Chris Thorburn set to return to Winnipeg next year? If so, I can only see Peluso getting into around 50 games next season.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Well, it's because we're sex starved for a fighter on the Wings, or at least someone who can stand up for themselves and actually put up a decent show (not Abby or Smith). I didn't know we're supposed to have standards. Do I wish Holland would sign a player like Prust? Sure I do, but he doesn't do it except for in the distant past. He'll definitely not sign a Peluso, but I still want him to. People frequently want what they can't have. I know this is all a pipe dream being a Wings fan.

The word "pylon" is hard to define. To me Andersson is a pylon that doesn't fight. To you Peluso is a pylon that fights. There are others here who think that Andersson has some use, because he can take faceoffs and be our 10th PK man when the other 9 penalty killers need a breather. I don't share this view.

I'd love to see a big forward that can hit playing with Glendenning and Miller. That would be a fun line to watch.

I'd never want a guy like Peter Worrell on this team.

...Unless he got top 6 minutes. :w00t:

Is Chris Thorburn set to return to Winnipeg next year? If so, I can only see Peluso getting into around 50 games next season.

Worrell was awesome. I always wanted us to get him because of his connections with Lilja.

I'll agree that Andersson would not be missed very much. He will likely be gone to make room for Callahan and Ferraro.

There's nothing wrong with having a tough guy who will stick up for his teammates. But he has to bring more to the ice than just his fists. He has to be able to skate somewhat effectively. Be able to take a regular shift without hurting his team.

The days of wasting a roster spot on guys like Scott Parker are over.

Cool pic of Crosby, Malkin, Fleury and Letang!

Enforcers still play in the NHL?

Not many, but a few.

1. Jared boll: 72 GP

2. Brandon Bollig: 62 GP

3. Tim Jackman: 55 GP

4. Anthony Peluso: 49 GP

5. Shawn Thornton: 46 GP

6. Luke Gazdic: 40 GP

7. John Scott: 38 GP

-Eric Boulton: 10 GP. Healthy scratch most of the year

-Brian McGrattan: 8 GP. Healthy scratch before being demoted to the AHL.

-Patrick Bordeleau was injured all year and I'm not sure where he fits in with Colorado for next year.

-Guys like Orr, Carkner, McLaren, and Rosehill were buried in the AHL early in the season.

All the other guys who fight do so while contributing offensively here and there.

Not many, but a few.

1. Jared boll: 72 GP

2. Brandon Bollig: 62 GP

3. Tim Jackman: 55 GP

4. Anthony Peluso: 49 GP

5. Shawn Thornton: 46 GP

6. Luke Gazdic: 40 GP

7. John Scott: 38 GP

-Eric Boulton: 10 GP. Healthy scratch most of the year

-Brian McGrattan: 8 GP. Healthy scratch before being demoted to the AHL.

-Patrick Bordeleau was injured all year and I'm not sure where he fits in with Colorado for next year.

-Guys like Orr, Carkner, McLaren, and Rosehill were buried in the AHL early in the season.

All the other guys who fight do so while contributing offensively here and there.

Bollig had 5 points in 62 games, and they decided to keep him over McGrattan, who put up better numbers the season before.

Oh come on now. Lol The Wings already have an Axel in the pipeline. Just need a Slash and we are half way there!

Now a guy like Shawn Thornton circa 2011 would help the Wings 4th line. Tough guy who can take a regular shift and be effective in his role.

I'm also a fan of Boll.

And Thornton was one of the few enforcers of the recent era that I actually liked, bruins letting him go was stupid.

Well, it's because we're sex starved for a fighter on the Wings, or at least someone who can stand up for themselves and actually put up a decent show (not Abby or Smith). I didn't know we're supposed to have standards. Do I wish Holland would sign a player like Prust? Sure I do, but he doesn't do it except for in the distant past. He'll definitely not sign a Peluso, but I still want him to. People frequently want what they can't have. I know this is all a pipe dream being a Wings fan.

The word "pylon" is hard to define. To me Andersson is a pylon that doesn't fight. To you Peluso is a pylon that fights. There are others here who think that Andersson has some use, because he can take faceoffs and be our 10th PK man when the other 9 penalty killers need a breather. I don't share this view.

I'd love to see a big forward that can hit playing with Glendenning and Miller. That would be a fun line to watch.

Worrell was awesome. I always wanted us to get him because of his connections with Lilja.

Of course you have to have standards. You could have the best face off man in the league, but if that's all he's good for he's gonna be a liability anytime he's not taking a FO.

Why are we comparing Peluso to Andersson? I don't claim to love Andersson. Winnipeg can have them both.

Thanks though. That's exactly my point. You're all so irrationally sex-starved for fighting that a bench riding scrub actually has his own thread. It's insane.