• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rhah

Last 16 Cup Winners Bracket (from Reddit)

Rate this topic

Very interesting. I don't think there is any question that 2002 team was the most talented of the past 16 cup winners. I'm not really surprised the 2008 Wings advanced that far either -- that team put on a clinic in puck possession almost every single game. I still lean to 2008 being my favorite of the four championships just because so many people had the Red Wings dead following the lockout and Stevie Y's retirement.

It's somewhat difficult to simulate as well, even just over the span of 16 years. Like for instance, the 2002 Red Wings wouldn't be very well equipped to play in today's NHL. They would get chewed up by the speed element.

anyone else notice the '02 team come back from down 3-0 against the '09 pens in the first round :lol:

Ha. Got destroyed the first three games, then came back and rectum.

(I barely knew em)

The 2000 Devils would go a lot deeper than the simulation.

I do think the 2001 Avs and 2002 Wings were the best teams, so it's ironic a simulation had them in the Finals. I wonder how "simulated" this was?

I think those two teams were so deep, it doesn't matter how you decide it, its kind of common sense at this point.

I'm still disappointed that the 2011 Stanley Cup Champs Detroit Red Wings didn't beat the 2001 Stanley Cup Champs Colorado Avalanche... I mean, of all the years we won the Stanley Cup, surely the 2011 squad was the most talented.........

I'm still disappointed that the 2011 Stanley Cup Champs Detroit Red Wings didn't beat the 2001 Stanley Cup Champs Colorado Avalanche... I mean, of all the years we won the Stanley Cup, surely the 2011 squad was the most talented.........

Bahahaha.

I was so confused by the dates...

I looked on wiki to make sure I hadn't had a stroke before finally reading the full thing where they acknowledged the mistakes.